The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839534
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Forgot to mention:
Y hosts gotta end the game tho? It irritates me when the host ends the game when we're at about round 18. That's happened twice to me earlier. And the only reason I can get from them ending it was because they died and didn't want to wait for the round to be over so they can come back to life and/or didn't want to lose their weapons.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

TheEvilHide, this happens to one of my friends. When he reaches lv 45 it restarts. It must be some kind of glitch. You are playing Cod Black Ops to PC aren't you?

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Y hosts gotta end the game tho?

Ugh, I know! If the hosts ends the game.. how come it simply doesn't find a new host? Y U NO CHANGE HOSTS?

I try not to play Zombies if I know I need to leave/I have plans. Because I usually plan to play in high rounds whenever I play.

I usually open it by round twelve or thirteen to get the Juggernog and possibly update a weapon of mine so I can survive.

When I'm by myself, I usually open it early, just so I can get Juggernog early.
The only thing with not opening the curtain on multiplayer, is that everyone needs to be covering something. Someone needs to cover a window, etc. And, everyone ALWAYS wants the door for more points. If the curtain is open, I don't have to worry about that, and other people can do what they want.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i dont screw around when i get 6k i out reviving and mowing usually people get scared and they open the doors. so i wait for PaP

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

i dont screw around when i get 6k i out reviving and mowing usually people get scared and they open the doors. so i wait for PaP

Once again, you are the type of person we are talking about. If you have 6k, put it to good use and buy doors. Don't wait for others to open doors.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Once again, you are the type of person we are talking about. If you have 6k, put it to good use and buy doors. Don't wait for others to open doors.

As long as you open them at the right time.

I personally am not a fan of zombies, it's too repetitive for me.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Why not just open the doors so you and your team can survive then just keep killing zombies? It's not like you'll run out of money. Since I'm the one usually opening doors and such, I just go to spots by myself to kill zombies for more points.

This is my strategy on Kino:
Open the first two doors when the dogs come, get the machine gun so I can kill them quickly, then stay in that spot until about round ten. At round ten I'll open the next two doors and stand in the doorway to wipe out the zombies. Normally my teammates watch the window in the back and the one on the side near the doorway, but if not I'll often run around that little space rebuilding the barriers and killing the zombies. Standing in the doorway is a smart idea when you have a machine gun because a whole bunch of zombies come running towards you, so just shoot them then you'll get more points. At about round twelve or thirteen I'll open the curtain so I can get the Juggernog and possibly upgrade a weapon. After that I'll go back to the stage and run around in circles gathering the zombies to kill them. The only times I'll leave the stage is to revive a teammate, rebuild some barriers, and to get the other kinds of perks, such as the Speed Cola and the other one that allows you to revive your teammates quicker.

If I'm by myself I usually last to round 20-25, if with good teammates then it's about 30-40, and with bad teammates it's the same as if I'm by myself.

So basically keeping those points is rather useless considering you're not using them for anything to help you survive.

By the time I open the curtain I have about 8k-12k points, and I previously used money to open all the doors. That's enough money for the Juggernog and a weapon upgrade. Then after another round or two you can get other perks.

Well, both modes get repetitive for me, which is why I often change between them. I'll do zombies for about an hour or two then multiplayer for an hour or two, then change or take a break from the game. It's nice having some variety, though. I wouldn't like CoD as much if it was just multiplayer.
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

As long as you open them at the right time.

Exactly. I hate the people who open doors right away on round 2. So frustrating.

get the machine gun so I can kill them quickly

You mean the MP40?

The only times I'll leave the stage is to revive a teammate, rebuild some barriers, and to get the other kinds of perks, such as the Speed Cola and the other one that allows you to revive your teammates quicker.

Kino gets annoying for me most of the time, because the zombies have to much entry points, and you get overrun way too quickly. When I'm playing on Kino, usually I run around the whole map, just so I don't get overrun.

For me, I don't really notice the repetitive factor. But if I notice it does get repetitive, I usually play multiplayer for a bit.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You mean the MP40?

Yeah, I can't really see the name of the guns on my television. I think someone messed up the settings of it; everything else when I play video games look fine except for text, it's far too small.
Kino gets annoying for me most of the time, because the zombies have to much entry points, and you get overrun way too quickly. When I'm playing on Kino, usually I run around the whole map, just so I don't get overrun.

I don't really like Five, so I often do Kino. From my perspective Five has far more entry points than Kino... they just come from many places, especially if you go down to the lab or whatever. But on Kino I prefer staying near the stage area to go in circles because if I go around the whole map I'm likely to get ambushed.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Forgot to mention:
I did campaign mode again a few hours ago and I don't understand the ending of it, the zombies, that is. Why are zombies randomly coming in to get JFK? Are the zombies a result of the Nova 6 or something? Also, I noticed that during the cutscene you're with the others, but when it starts you're alone. I expected them to be playing, but that doesn't really matter. I didn't attempt to play, but is there an ending or is it like the normal zombies mode?

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

my strategy leave main room at end of round 4. if i have the most money i open first door.(top door) person with second most opens second door. all at the start of round 5. we fight in the third room for 2 rounds b4 the dogs. when the dogs come we open third dooor somebody opens i might cuz ppl are lazy or someone might have already cuz their stupid after dogs the guy that hasnt opened a door opens the last one. i likke to fight with out the power on til bout ten rounds or we start being overrun. then it becomes a freefall to survive. last night got the ballastic knife PaPd by round 18 i had 35 revives 2 downs 300 kills crayz stuff right there

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well, I usually have the most money on the team. What I do to get more money is to shoot each zombie at my window four times with the pistol, wait for one or two of them to break down the barrier, then knife them and rebuild it, then I repeat. But sometimes I had terrible teammates that decide to take my kills and randomly throw grenades to where I'm at so they can steal the points... I hate it when people do that. I mean, why can't you stay at your own window? It's not like you're going to need all those points, so just let your other teammates get them; it's a team, after all, not "solo". I was in a match with a point hog yesterday, and he would throw grenades at all three windows in the beginning just to get the extra points, then the rest of us just didn't help him when he fell to the ground; hopefully that taught him not to be such a point hog, because when you fall you lose some points and when you die you lose your weapons.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

I don't really like Five

Neither do I. It's way to hectic. It seems like it's just one big area with no organization.

Why are zombies randomly coming in to get JFK? Are the zombies a result of the Nova 6 or something? Also, I noticed that during the cutscene you're with the others, but when it starts you're alone. I expected them to be playing, but that doesn't really matter. I didn't attempt to play, but is there an ending or is it like the normal zombies mode?

I have no idea. The Zombies storyline is really confusing for me. You can look on the CoD Wiki, though. I'm pretty sure that it will have some info there.

we fight in the third room for 2 rounds b4 the dogs

I like to stay in the third room as long as possible. It's a good room to survive in, as long as you have organization and everyone knows what they are doing.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Nacht der Untoten, anyone?

Got into a hacked lobby somehow, and started with 100,000 points. Then got the MG42 and the Raygun, and we got all the way to round... 14. Then the zombies stopped coming, the round never progressed, and we all got frozen in one spot. :/

LatestDisaster_
LatestDisaster_
46 posts
Nomad

The best thing about zombies, is definitely getting in a hacked lobby, the host drops all the weapons, and running around with Default Weapon. So awesome.

Showing 721-735 of 3990