The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839428
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

@Pickpocket
The Ump45 is a great gun. I have it and i love sniping with it(i dont know how but i get longshot every time which is cool).

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh what attachments? Thermal, hamr, acog, holographic of just dot?
And do u use the range proficiency?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I miss the old MW2 days

I miss the old CoD 4 days.

Any comments on the game I should know?

Online is meh. Killstreaks are awesome, but all the maps are the same basic grid system (look at the maps in the start menu, and you'll notice it). Most of the guns are under powered, with a few exceptions being over powered and therefore being the only ones used. Is it fun? Meh.

Campaign is a bit better. Alot of the sets seem to have been dragged from CoD4. And I played that game alot, so i treally sticks out to me. I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing, but its out there. And theres no shock factors any more. I've used AC-130s all I wanted in CoD 4, and then in MW2. They're old hat now in MW3. Same thing with shooting predator missiles; its been done, and its just not as 'OMG! THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!' as it once was.

The only thing I think this game has going for it is the Spec Ops. The survival mode is awesome, and the fact that you can do the missions with strangers means that now I will actually play the missions. Theres more stealth missions, more buddy missions, and a lot of 'Lets all be Juggernaughts' missions. I love this part of the game.

Once I get all the achievements, I'll likely sell the game though. I got it for Christmas (I may or may not have opened the case, taken the disk, and then re-wrapped it. Thats beside the point). Its fun, but I don't see it keeping me interested in it for the months to come. Thats what multiplayer is for, and the mulitplayer doesn't have much going for it. I can't say that I didn't see it coming though.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Ok, so I just prestiged again and I don't know what to use my prestige tokens on? I want to unlock the MP7 because I started using it and it's awesome, but I also want double xp and more classes. What do you guys use your tokens for?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I used the two of mine for extra classes. I thought it would have the longest-lasting benefit.

By the way Auggy, I was checking the leaderboards for the Spec Ops, and yours are quite impressive. I was pretty exicted when I beat your 'Charges Set' time by .5 seconds.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Whatt, I played that like a thousand times. What guns did you use?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

P90, and USP/Tactical Knife.

I started with the P90, and used one shot on each of the targets. Continue on, and when you get to the next breach sequence, switch to the USP. Switching saves time, because you'd have to reload before you can breach. Clear the room, and keep the USP equiped. Tac knife the cut out, and clear the next area. Switch weapons, and finish the level.

That way shaved two or three seconds. Once it starts getting muscle memory, then you start to shave a bit more off.

cc131988
cc131988
36 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the help guys.

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

@pickpocket i mostly use the ACOG scope or the thermal scope for the UMP45

dtdm12
dtdm12
76 posts
Nomad

i once got 3 headshots with 1 bullet from the him in cod5

ForTheCity
ForTheCity
47 posts
Nomad

is getting 3 headshots with 1 bullet even possible?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

is getting 3 headshots with 1 bullet even possible?

Yes, but incredibly hard. The easiest way is with a sniper (duh! =P) And it doesn't have to do with skill as much as the enemy being stupid enough to group up. Have only seen it happen once and I wasn't playing, it was a very skilled friend. And you have to laugh because it's quite funny.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

This guy got really lucky and got a quad and 3 headshots with one bullet.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

yeah its easyest with a sniper, but in mw2 i got a double head shot with the rpd lol

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If I prestige will I lose the weapons and perks in my custom classes? Since I'll be a level one again I'd expect them to take that away, but I'm not sure. I don't really see a point in prestiging if that does happen. I'd rather just stay at level 80 with all my stuff.

Showing 1216-1230 of 3990