ForumsThe TavernThe Weather

640 114239
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I love the weather and have always been interested in it. To me, the creation of incredible storms and the patterns of heat, wind, fronts, and pressure systems in absolutely incredible, especially since many of these things still baffle humans!

I want to know: does anybody share my interest? Any other weather buffs out there? Or, some interesting story or fact about the weather?

Please, share it here!

• 640 Replies
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

really really cold right now.
not so much wind though. Sometimes it gets really windy once in a while

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

It snowed! It snowed! Two inches fell last night, and it was some of the wettest, heaviest snow I've ever seen (and had to shovel). Unfortunately, most of it already melted today since the temperatures rose above 40 degrees.

Luckily, a clipper may bring a half foot of snow next Friday! I shall keep my fingers crossed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

really really cold right now.

Snow? Have you gotten any of that?
not so much wind though. Sometimes it gets really windy once in a while

A bipolar wind... Sounds fun! :P
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Massive thunderstorm today. I like the rain, but this is far too much. I can't wait till it starts snowing over here.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Gonna snow soon. Snow and rain turns into slush...
The sun showed up, but the air is really cold.

GrayWolfs
GrayWolfs
11 posts
Shepherd

we just had some rain last night

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

I enjoy the weather, especially the lightning storms and floods that frequent my neighborhood. These, however, have caused some deaths, so it isn't really the best...

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

0 degrees in the night
light snow starting

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

The storms are intent upon dodging me here. It's been a couple weeks since the last big rainstorm, and there has been NO precipitation at ALL since then. It is quite annoying. And in the entire ten day forecast, the only chance of any precipitation is Tuesday, and even that is only 20% chance.

Temperature-wise, it was cold today. Morning temperatures when I went to pick out a Christmas tree were about 30 F, and it warmed to about 43 F today. By Thanksgiving, highs are supposed to get back near 60 F, so no snow chances whatsoever, even if a random storm system suddenly beelines for me.

All I can do is hope that snow will come, eventually!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Massive thunderstorm today. I like the rain, but this is far too much. I can't wait till it starts snowing over here.

AAH! I wish there'd be a big storm here. I can't wait 'til it snows either. Do you usually get a lot?
Gonna snow soon. Snow and rain turns into slush...

Snow?! Lucky! I want that so bad! But slush doesn't sound as good. :/
The sun showed up, but the air is really cold.

It was like that here today. Cold, crisp air.
we just had some rain last night

Wow! Everyone's getting storms! How much rain did you get?
I enjoy the weather, especially the lightning storms and floods that frequent my neighborhood. These, however, have caused some deaths, so it isn't really the best...

Yes, storms are so very intriguing and powerful. They are so fun to watch, yet can be scary in events like floods or tornadoes. Have you been getting much in the way of rain lately?
0 degrees in the night
light snow starting

Lucky! I--want--that--snow! But 0 degrees? Celsius or Fahrenheit? If Fahrenheit, that snow won't be good for packing or building.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

bleh the weather turned horibble. like it mostly does in the winter. its very cold now. now i like the cold but in here its just annoying. its probably the driest city on earth so barely rain. its just a different kind of cold here... :/

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Do you usually get a lot?

Yeah, but not until January and it lasts through March. We get some in December, but not enough to actually build things and to make things look good.

It's been a bit cold this past week and the sun has been shining some. I just hate when it get dark around 5-6 PM, though.
johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

It's starting to grow chilly here, but no snow yet. I do have to wear a jacket though.

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Storms are caused when cold air hits hot air. This causes the hot air to condense and this form a tornado somehow. That's what happens...

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I really want it to snow here (Maryland) so we can get school off. . .

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Great weather today. I like being able to wake up in the morning and feel the chill from outside coming in my room.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

My hypothesis of the weather:
Never what you want it to be
If it is, it's only for about 5 minutes so when you've got your hopes up and think 'yay it's finally going to stay like this' it goes the opposite weather to what you want and then you get depressed
Weather programmes are always wrong
When you go to another country in search of better weather, it is never what you hoped it would be, much rather like the weather back home.

I know this might seem pessimistic but if you always expect the worst, then if a day goes well it seems even better than if you have high hopes for that day.

Showing 601-615 of 640