ForumsThe TavernThe Weather

640 114240
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I love the weather and have always been interested in it. To me, the creation of incredible storms and the patterns of heat, wind, fronts, and pressure systems in absolutely incredible, especially since many of these things still baffle humans!

I want to know: does anybody share my interest? Any other weather buffs out there? Or, some interesting story or fact about the weather?

Please, share it here!

• 640 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

A few words to describe the weather here:

HEATHEATHEATRAIN.

Yeah, that's right: 30+C and heavy rain...

Tomorrow will get cold...

Aradeid
Aradeid
6 posts
Blacksmith

Summer +30-+40
Winter -15
HEAVY RAIN

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

Yesterday it rained for several hours straight and made my Internet go off! >

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

Over in England, the other day we had some very heavy rain, which lead to hailstone and lightning.
So I thought I'd share the most extremely frightening experience of my life.
Me and my girlfriend were walking to her house, through the park. It was dark, and pouring down with rain. I was looking down, and suddenly, the whole floor, everything around us lit up, really bright, it hurt my eyes, I felt her grip on my hand tighten, her other arm around mine, her head on my chest. I thought, what is this? I looked up, and there it was, the bright light's source. Lightning. It was so close, I looked, and saw it form in the sky, I also watched it dye down, it was scary, but I couldn't show that. My slight phobia of lightning was no longer existent, my girlfriend came first, I just threw my arms around her, blocking it out, watching it, waiting to be struck by the lightning which seemed asif it wasn't even in the sky, but in the air, floating before me. It didn't strike me, it didn't strike anything. Then the noise came, the loudest noise any thunder or lightning has ever produced, we covered our ears, it lasted for ages. I thought I had to get her out of this park, we were under a bunch of trees, after all, so I grabbed her hand and we quickly left the park. Then, it happened again, almost at her house, this time I was stood in a huge puddle, I thought, right, time to hurry, so I began to literally drag her home.

Still now, I picture it in my head, thinking, wow. That was close.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

Right now it is sunny and pretty chilly, which feels really nice.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I'll reply to posts in a later post, but for now...

IT RAINED YESTERDAY!!!

And not only that, there were thunderstorms! In the morning, midday, and afternoon! It was a really fun day, and odd too. There aren't many thunderstorms, let along downpours, here in October. I even heard that some funnels were spotted and lightning struck a house. It was a crazy day!

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Pretty much raining all the time

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Hot. 100F today and the rest of the week. To hot for October too hot period.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

It rained! I'm sooo happy that it finally did! It's been way to dry here... Soon, so soon, and it will be time for snow! >

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Eek! It's already winter here. Today is was 8C, 46F and there was dew on the grass. I have to start wearing my heavy sweater.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

@auggy2627liveca

I have about two more months of fall, but it is still getting chilly. Today's high is 52 F, and tomorrow's is 49 F. Of course, that's not bad compared to the normal January highs! :P

=====================================================================

Otherwise, there's little precipitation here... The ten day forecast shows little in the way of rain.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Agh... The weather has been so boring here... No rain at all since the last time I posted, and temps are quite chilly. This is why I hate fall! Hopefully it will rain (or even snow!) soon; then I would be happy!

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

The weather here is... nuts.

Spring is on. Last week was all sunny and +30 C.

But now, this week has been sunny... like an autumn day! Temperatures have reached 14 C here early this morning.

Good to getting a cold *atchoo!*

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Ok well the highs have been in the 90's F and the lows in the 60's F. I keep my window slightly open at night and sleep perfect but during the day it is still way to hot.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

Well, today it snowed, was in the 30's, and I loved it.

Showing 571-585 of 640