ForumsThe TavernThe Weather

640 114243
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I love the weather and have always been interested in it. To me, the creation of incredible storms and the patterns of heat, wind, fronts, and pressure systems in absolutely incredible, especially since many of these things still baffle humans!

I want to know: does anybody share my interest? Any other weather buffs out there? Or, some interesting story or fact about the weather?

Please, share it here!

• 640 Replies
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

The thing I like about the weather is when it rain lightly during the night or early in the morning and I'm in bed and I can hear the pitter patter of the rain on the roof of my house.

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

you want to know what the weather is like look on tv or website then

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

I do that but most of the time they get it wrong

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

From how the weather currently looks and how it may progress during the next two weeks we might get some snow. Not much, but enough to make people happy. I bet they'll start complaining about it January-March when we start getting too much they start closing things down.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Finally, nearing the end of the month, it started to rain. But really though, it's on and off. Cold in the mornings.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

It's still raining here. It rained last week, and now this week too.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Alright, I have to spazz out again, because there are three days in the ten day forecast with snow in the forecast.

Firstly, this weekend! There could be snow on Saturday and Sunday! It could be as much as four or even six inches!

And then there could be more next week, on Wednesday and Thursday, but that's a ways off. I won't get too excited yet.

How has everyone else's end-of-fall been so far? And snow? Rain? Or perhaps an absence of both (hopefully no drought)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

bleh the weather turned horibble. like it mostly does in the winter. its very cold now. now i like the cold but in here its just annoying. its probably the driest city on earth so barely rain. its just a different kind of cold here... :/

That stinks. Cold with no snow is no fun! D:
Yeah, but not until January and it lasts through March. We get some in December, but not enough to actually build things and to make things look good.

Sounds a lot like here. Except here there's always a randomness factor of when that first big storm will be. :P Could be October in rare cases (*cough* two years ago *cough*).
It's been a bit cold this past week and the sun has been shining some. I just hate when it get dark around 5-6 PM, though.

Yeah, the early sunsets make the evenings dismal and saddening... Here the sun sets at about 4:40pm. It's crazy how dark it gets in such a short period of time.
It's starting to grow chilly here, but no snow yet. I do have to wear a jacket though.

Jacket weather! Just a stepping stone for snow! What are the normal temps for you this time of year?
Storms are caused when cold air hits hot air. This causes the hot air to condense and this form a tornado somehow. That's what happens...

Yeah, that's the basic idea! Sections of air move together in lines called fronts. Cold fronts are where a cold bunch of air is plowing through warmer air, and warm fronts are just the opposite (except warm fronts are more gentle). Tornadoes normally form when cold fronts force large thunderstorms to form.
I really want it to snow here (Maryland) so we can get school off. . .

Yeah! I totally agree! However, if there's a snow day before Christmas Break here we have to go one day longer before getting out for break... So I hope for snow, but not too much (how dare I?)!
Great weather today. I like being able to wake up in the morning and feel the chill from outside coming in my room.

Winter chills are refreshing, but in your room? Isn't it a little disgruntling to wake up to a chill?
Never what you want it to be

Yup.
If it is, it's only for about 5 minutes so when you've got your hopes up and think 'yay it's finally going to stay like this' it goes the opposite weather to what you want and then you get depressed

Yup.
When you go to another country in search of better weather, it is never what you hoped it would be, much rather like the weather back home.

Never tried it, but don't doubt you.
Weather programmes are always wrong

Change always to often, and yup. It's hard to predict the unpredictable.
if you always expect the worst, then if a day goes well it seems even better than if you have high hopes for that day.

True, but that doesn't mean you have to view everything negatively.
The thing I like about the weather is when it rain lightly during the night or early in the morning and I'm in bed and I can hear the pitter patter of the rain on the roof of my house.

I agree. It's very soothing to hear the light chatter of the rain on the roof, and great for sleeping.
From how the weather currently looks and how it may progress during the next two weeks we might get some snow. Not much, but enough to make people happy. I bet they'll start complaining about it January-March when we start getting too much they start closing things down

Haha, I can see that happening. For me, no amount of snow is too much! Which means that this winter, because I said that, we'll get feet upon feet, and I'll be forced to recant.
Finally, nearing the end of the month, it started to rain. But really though, it's on and off. Cold in the mornings.

That's good, but unfortunate that it's only on and off. The steady rains are the best and most peaceful.
It's still raining here. It rained last week, and now this week too.

So that's where all the precip. has gone! I'd like some, please! ;D
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Weather here is very dark.
The sun only shows up for about 7 hours...

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

well for some reason it got more comfortable :S. but im not sure if its because it actually got warmer or if i just got used to it

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Yeah, the early sunsets make the evenings dismal and saddening... Here the sun sets at about 4:40pm. It's crazy how dark it gets in such a short period of time.

I agree. It's really boring getting out of school and it's dark an hour or two later, makes it seem like your day went by too fast and you don't have much to do.

Anyway, we got some light snowfall last night. And by light I mean barely anything, but it's good that we got some this early. To me this means we'll be definitely getting some more soon enough.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

It's getting colder where I live. It'll be in the low 20s tomorrow with partly cloudy or clear skies. It snowed for a few hours last week, but it quickly melted.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

It's been unusually cold for the Southern California coast. Where I live, it's been in the 30s well into the morning. And then in the afternoon it was 82 yesterday. I love our weather.
To put that in perspective, a pretty chilly morning for where I live is high 40s or mid 50s.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Its been chilly but I love the cold. I have no clue what the exact temperature is but I know that when I breathe I can see my own breath.

codecoward
codecoward
44 posts
Shepherd

in Idaho it just gets cold know snow :-(

Pator55jase
Pator55jase
31 posts
Peasant

18 degrees this morning and no snow, i want snow

Showing 616-630 of 640