ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468194
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

And I do agree with WeeMan, although I don't believe what you're saying, it reflects what is going through your mind.

That's exactly what I was saying. Were you disagreeing with me? I was disproving Drace's analogy and showing him how it was wrong. Or were you disagreeing with me that gays live their homosexuality?

wait I don't think what I said up there has much to do with this :-$

Not the first time, not the last time...
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Very good examples, but comedy is something that isn't genetic. Homosexuality isn't something you exactly, &quotractice," being gay. It is with someone whether you like it or not. Like I have said before, many gays wish that they weren't gay because of ridicule, rights, etc. But this isn't something you can change. Blood type is something you cannot change. Personality is something you can change, but completely, homosexuality is something you cannot change.

IT IS GENETICS. Genetics do NOT change...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Sorry, WeeMan, I meant to say, "And I do agree with WeeMan, though I don't believe what you're (Drace) saying.

WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

Sorry, WeeMan, I meant to say, "And I do agree with WeeMan, though I don't believe what you're (Drace) saying.

You are forgiven.

IT IS GENETICS. Genetics do NOT change...

You know, after all I have been through in this thread, I still don't know if I believe that. The only reason I don't know is because of my own personal...struggle. I am not supporting anyone in their beliefs but rather still developing mine.
Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

I still think ew should ask a gay person instead of offering your hypothetic opinion.
It would makes things a whole lot simpler.

WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

So I should go target a random homosexual? Why? There is no "spokes person" for all of the gay people in the world. People can only speak for themselves. So unless you plan on interviewing EVERY gay person in the world I think we can use our own opinions.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

I'm just saying it would help. Instead of using your opinions. Maybe the opinions of a gay person would be more accurate than yours. And I never said anything about the whole gay population, or a spokesperson. Geez, some people just can't take a suggestion. Stick to your inaccurate, uninformed opinions if you must.

WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

And I never said anything about the whole gay population, or a spokesperson.

You said go ask a gay person which means that you expect that person to speak on behalf of the gay population. Where I come from that's called a spokes person. My point was that the diversity among everyone is so vast that you would have to ask everyone to get the full picture. My opinions aren't inaccurate and uninformed. I only reply to the topics I actually know about. Have you ever had a homosexual experience? Have you ever had urges to be intimate with someone of the same sex? If your answer is no, then I guess that makes me more informed than you because my answers are yes. No need for attitude.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_changing.html

Plus, could you convert a street thug gangster to a nice helpful intellect?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@Drace

Yes, you can convert a street thug to a helpful intellect. No, you can't change a homosexual to a heterosexual. Almost every ex-gay "convert" is caught in homosexual acts again.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

The answer is yes I'm gay so I am informed. And also I wasn't talking specifically to you so don't take offense. You just decided to respond. I was saying that a gay person's opinions would be more precise than a straight person's. I still don't think you understand that. I was not saying that one should speak for many or represent the gay community. I'm saying that one should share their experience and maybe we could better inform others. That doesn't mean that's how every gay person is going to be. I'm not sure how to convey that to you any other way.
What are you arguing with me for?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yes, you can convert a street thug to a helpful intellect

Even this is debatable, though.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also, having read the past few pages:

When one exercises proper humility, one does not need to be quite so defensive.

Kestrel
Kestrel
3 posts
Nomad

The idea of some person's ability to convert a street thug to a helpful intellect is one that involves a myriad of factors. It all depends on the evironment, the resiliance of the individual and their willingness to change, not to mention the fact that some people are disposed to certain traits which may not fit in well with certain lifestyles. Overall, it may be possible to modify behaviours, however, that is only the actions not the beliefs and feelings of the person, and considering that you'd be putting beliefs and behaviours in direct opposition, you're most likely looking at creating a person who'll have underlying problems dealing with such a duality in their lives.

@ thelistman

I do agree that "gay-away" treatments are very ineffective due mostly to the issues I just mentioned. As well they often are performed by religious groups who use shame as the main tool of change.

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

listen you can convert a street thug regardless of enviroment ect. thats bootcamp, you can break somone no matter how they feel, its not nice but its effective

Showing 1531-1545 of 3228