ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468045
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

@Zophia,

That's too small of a contribution to be considered >_>

@Mster,

Ok, I look big with muscles all over. 7'10 Height, 400 pounds. I am Sumo Ming!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well Zophia that was actually his point but I somewhat agree. Homosexuality serves no purpose BUT since we already have them...there's nothing we could do about it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It may serve no purpose, but it's not like it's hurting anyone.
I still think it would be awesome if everyone was bi. It would be so much easier to find a companion. And would avoid stories like Strop's...
Oh well.
Did the hater go off? Can we discuss aspects of the homosexuality in the world in a friendly tone now?

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

it really doesn't i find it's a phase or a feeling but like all unnatural things time moves on adn things come and go

Well thank goodness we have an expert on homosexuality here haha. And for god's sake please just spell and correctly. It's more natural to spell it correctly then to misspell on purpose, I would think.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well Im not sure what there it is to discuss. Its just a repetition of the same thing all over again.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hmmmm, Drace, I don't know about that. There's always more aspects.

In the hope that it doesn't go hating again, what's you people's opinion on the depiction of homosexuals in movies and series? Yes, this have been in this thread before, but I'm sure there could be more to talk about.
I've seen the argument that it encourages more people to be gay. I've seen the argument that movie industries just add it to make the stuff more appealing to gays. I agree with the latter, I guess.
Also, are there any games out there with gay characters?

And, why is gay such a common term while dyke (stealth or not) is hardly ever used?

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

@Zophia, well i know that in things like reality shows they tend to have a gay couple or 2, but i dont pay it much attention. I havent really seen any gay people in video games either. On using the word gay, yes it can be offensive sometimes, i use just because it is shorter than typing out homosexual

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I just think the depiction of homosexuals can be so very silly sometimes~
Hmm, I've seen a theory about GLaDOS having lesbian tendencies, but I don't give much for that one. X)

And I was just... With the use of the word gay - I never use it as something offensive, but always as the short. It can mean both a male or a female, but is more commonly used about guys.
Which is why there is the term dyke. I think. It's used pretty much the same way (both positive/neutral and negative) as gay, but refers to females (often the butch ones). Why is it so rarely used?
Why is it always the males getting all the attention?? D:
Almost just kidding on that last one.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Don't look at me at the beginning of the topic!
I was stupid back then...

But still to today, there are lots of discussions about this.
And I've never heard of dyke!

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I was arguing with a friend about this today...I asked him why he was so homophobic and hated gay people so much. He goes "I don't hate them! Hate the sin, love the sinner!"

I just reply "So why aren't they allowed to love each other then?"

The argument ended.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@firetail:
Dyke (slang)

Good one, Zootsuit_riot.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I've seen a theory about GLaDOS having lesbian tendencies, but I don't give much for that one. X)

someone been playing too much portal eh? but ya the term dyke can be just as offensive, and the word gay is used way too much
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

From what I've read in the Advocate the term dyke can either way for women. They either find it incredibly offensive or not offensive at all.

Same with gay, but as it is more commonly used... Dyke is just a slang, similar to gay.
Still, I don't even see haters use it.

someone been playing too much portal eh?

Nah, I've not even beaten her yet.
Anyway, yes. I still don't understand the use of gay anyway... It actually means merry... But now it's used as a slur... I don't understand that turn of the language.
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Anyway, yes. I still don't understand the use of gay anyway... It actually means merry... But now it's used as a slur... I don't understand that turn of the language.

thats the funny thing about it, people use it as a bad thing, when it really means happy, wouldnt that gay people would be happy the way they are?

Nah, I've not even beaten her yet.

Lol i beat her along time...sorry had to get off topic a second
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Lol, anyone seen that episode of The Office?

"I don't get it...When I was growing up, the word 'gay' meant dumb or stupid...And apparently, it originally meant 'merry' or 'cheerful'. And now it's used to define someone who is interested in people of the same sex...Times change I suppose."
Showing 2311-2325 of 3228