ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468022
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
goatslayer
goatslayer
105 posts
Nomad

Your right it does happen a lot but I believe thats called a sexual fantesy hard to believe but everyone has those fantesies sooner or later it just happens.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It is just as embarassing as the opposite, when someones husband or wife figures out he or she is homosexual.
What is that called? Stepping into the closet?
Anyway. Long time homosexuals do that too, not only teenagers or newborn gays.

Anyway, why is it a lose-lose situation? If you love you boyfriend or girlfriend, what does it matter that you cannot "change back"?
Sometime I think it is nothing about sex bit just about love. If you love someone, then it is because of them, not because he or she is the sex s/he is, right?

goatslayer
goatslayer
105 posts
Nomad

Okay I hate talking about this one section babies arn't born gay now I have already said before in the past being gay is a choice your not born with it and I think it bares repeting itself until every one gets through the skulls. So being gay is a choice. "But, but science says..." srew science what has science done for us practically nothing besides getting us all scared over nothing that involves global warning and that the world is going to end 2012 science has proved us wrong, so their wrong bout babies being born gay its a fucking choice get it through your fucking skulls people.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Why is it a choice? If I love someone fully, how can I chose not to love them?
I do not know any of that science, but if it is a choice, then why do people hate gay people? And why would anybody chose to be homosexual, when they know all the problems they will get into?
I cannot say if this is about choice or science. I just think it is about attraction, love and security.

And please, no need to use *-words. Open mind, open discussion, please.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

srew science what has science done for us practically nothing besides getting us all scared over nothing

This made me laugh, but I think a part of my soul died at the same time.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

goatslayer... No, just no...

No, babies are not born gay. Nor are they born straight. Infants have not yet developed a sexuality.

And *insert agreeing remark to all Cenere said on this page*

@Zootsuit_riot:
Me too.

goatslayer
goatslayer
105 posts
Nomad

You got that saying from me Zophia. I dug that reality into your head.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

@Zootsuit_riot:
Me too.

It wasn't science that developed medicines so that when I was struck by a horrible asthma attacks when I was young, I could recover and develop into the athlete that I am today. Nope, not at all.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I have a theory... Only a theory, and it developed through my psycology classes in high school.

Sexuality is partly developed in the Oedipal phase, when a child is "in love" with its opposite gendered parent.
If the child falls in love with the wrong parent, for various reasons, the child might turn up homosexual.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex]

I have no idea if this have any reality in it, I just know that would be how Freud would be thinking...

My head hurts.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

being gay is a choice your not born with it

Let's just assume you are right, although there is a mass of evidence to the contrary. By saying it is wrong to be gay, you violate a person's autonomy and individual liberty, which is very wrong to take away; I would rant here, but I only will if you say that it is good to take away a person's liberty, which I doubt.

srew science what has science done for us practically nothing besides getting us all scared over nothing that involves global warning and that the world is going to end 2012

Science is the voice of reason, it is people with very different agendas that scare people with science. Note: the world ending in 2012 is based off the Aztec Calendar.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I have no idea if this have any reality in it, I just know that would be how Freud would be thinking...

That would be strange. The Oedipus Complex for females is known as "The Electra Complex". So, if a male were to develop an Electra Complex, he would possibly become homosexual in the future?

It's possible, I suppose.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You got that saying from me Zophia. I dug that reality into your head.

No, you did not. I don't know why you would think that. I know we've discussed the subject on our profiles, but I did not get that saying from you.

And about the science part: what Zootsuit_riot said.
All science is theory that seems to be true.
All religion is mere belief.
I stick to the stuff that at least have evidence for what it claims.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Let's just assume you are right, although there is a mass of evidence to the contrary. By saying it is wrong to be gay, you violate a person's autonomy and individual liberty, which is very wrong to take away; I would rant here, but I only will if you say that it is good to take away a person's liberty, which I doubt.

Doesn't mean his against it.
I'm kind of on the side for it being a choice. I have logical reasoning for it, but keeping an open mind...

All science is theory that seems to be true.
All religion is mere belief.

I could put up some crazy idealistic theories saying otherwise
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

That would be strange. The Oedipus Complex for females is known as "The Electra Complex". So, if a male were to develop an Electra Complex, he would possibly become homosexual in the future?

It is just thoughs. Like, children of lone parents still get to be straight, but if the sexuality is confused in that phase (and later in the teenage years/the second Oedipal phase), then...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

[quote]
Research and open mindedness are important to understand anything. Without this, you have no possible way to discuss openly and without mudthrowing and anger. Only by discussing with an open heart and mind, it is possible to unstand other's oppinions.

... be open to other peoples oppinions.[quote]

Sorry for this, it is a repost from somewhere else. I just think it is relevant, since this is a topic that heats up everyones blood.
So do as Drace, and open to others oppinions.

Showing 2521-2535 of 3228