ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 467969
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

but a lot of "married" homosexuals adopt and i don think this is right for their child.

Why? Because having influence from only one gender while growing up is a bad thing? I suppose the same could be applied for single mothers or fathers then, as well? So if we're going to deny homosexuals their rights, we can throw in that huge group as well. Sounds like a plan to me.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Do not blame every single Gay couple or person. Most of Homosexuals are born that way. It's not like they just turn that way, no, Some are just born gay, from their brain tells them to like the same sex, it's like how we like girls or boys, it's the opposite side for them.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

First of all i know kids that get made fun of because of the fact that their parents are homosexual, there not but still they get treated ad if they were. When i say that im not trying to say homosexuality is something that people deserved to get made fun of fore but it's a fact,

Why? Because having influence from only one gender while growing up is a bad thing? I suppose the same could be applied for single mothers or fathers then, as well?

and single parents ?i mean i understand where ur coming from but i dont get that argument
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Why? Because having influence from only one gender while growing up is a bad thing? I suppose the same could be applied for single mothers or fathers then, as well? So if we're going to deny homosexuals their rights, we can throw in that huge group as well. Sounds like a plan to me.

The rationale is that children brought up in a homosexual household are more likely to become homosexual, because people out there still believe that it is a choice.

I completely disagree. But I think that was probably more of what he was referring to with homosexual couples raising children.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I completely disagree.

Well, I agree with you, Carlie. It isn't a choice at all. One can, of course, choose to act on these feelings of attraction or not. But, there is no choice in choosing what gender one is attracted towards.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

But, there is no choice in choosing what gender one is attracted towards.

And that is why my orientation is so very annoying. >.>

The only problem with homosexual couples raising kids would really be the possible mockery, and potential confusion. I'm not saying that is something that would generally happen, but I could easily imagine a (straight) kid wondering if he/she should be gay... However, I don't that's really a problem... And would think that it's what happens to some straight couples gay children...

The mockery is really no reason at all. Saying something should be avoided because it would be shunned for being the minority it is, is just... No. That's not how progress is achieved.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

The whole trend you are talking about is refered to as sodomy

Also, homosexuality is not a "trend". It has been recorded in Greek and Roman society, and probably existed before that.
Death_bringer
Death_bringer
580 posts
Nomad

i dont know what i think its right at times but then no.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

The only problem with homosexual couples raising kids would really be the possible mockery, and potential confusion.

I wonder actually what the first mixed race kids went through. Imagine being the first kid in your school with a black mom or dad. Back then it was a big deal and the kids went through shit. But now it's, in some places, more normal then being one race. I wonder how many mixed race couples maybe didn't have kids because they were worried about just that issue.

What's better for a kid, not being adopted and going through foster home after foster home and feeling unwanted and unloved or living in a stable home with two loving parents who take care of them?

It seems like people make a big deal about "omg gay parents make gay kids" since of course straight parents make straight kids. But seriously in the end, even if that was true and of course it's not, wouldn't a gay kid be better then a kid who turns into a criminal because they were unloved and unwanted and passed through the system?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Heh, you made it sound like I thought it would be actual problems.
But I completely agree with you (again).

Some day society will hopefully have adapted to the idea of homosexuals being just as normal people as the rest of the population. It has been done with other minorities, should not be anywhere near impossible for this one.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Heh, you made it sound like I thought it would be actual problems.
But I completely agree with you (again).

Sorry haha. That was just the best written place to grab the idea that I was trying to argue against.

It has been done with other minorities, should not be anywhere near impossible for this one.

I'm not really worried. My niece is seven months old and I'm betting that universal gay marriage will not only be accepted but completely normal in her lifetime. Her generation will look back and think this conversation is absolutely nuts lol.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

All right, I'm only going to say it once, and I don't care what you think of it.

YES ON PROPOSITION 8.

If you don't live in California, don't pay any attention to what I just said. Just continue on with your argument on the gays.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

And, like how there will always be those against mixed race marriages, there will also be those against same sex marriage. Thank goodness someday they will be the minority.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

My brother lives in Cali, so that's good enough :P

Saying Yes to Proposition 8 is the equivalent of saying "We should go back to the middle ages!"

Not literally, but rather in the sense that it's one thing to be conservative, but another to actually want to repeal social progress.

cannon1928
cannon1928
2 posts
Nomad

it is a sin i dont agree with it but

Showing 2806-2820 of 3228