ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 467942
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Yeah, but in America laws aren't supposed to be made for religious reasons. If homosexuality was wrong for any reason other than 'god says' then you're aguement might have some basis in reality.

Um, no that is wrong freedom OF religion not from, laws are based on peoples opinions nothing more.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

People's opinions, NOT their religion.

Though their opinions may be constructed by religious views, that is not what is making the laws. Or at least it shouldn't be, in a secularized government.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Though their opinions may be constructed by religious views, that is not what is making the laws. Or at least it shouldn't be, in a secularized government.

Alright, then my opinions are based on my religion, so it should be fine :P
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alright, then my opinions are based on my religion, so it should be fine :P
Sure, as long as you respect that other people who do not confess to the same religion as you, do not have to abide by your religious views.

Basically trying to get across here, you can't tell a non-Christian homosexual that they are sinning, because they do not believe in Christianity or the "sins" it defines.

Homosexual Christians is a matter I'm too sleepy to make a paragraph about right now...
Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

I have to agree with Zophia, oh the non-Christian part, you can't tell them that they are sinning and that they'd better go to confession, or else they will go to Hell. They won't beleive you and just laugh at you.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Um, no that is wrong freedom OF religion not from, laws are based on peoples opinions nothing more.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

I dislike it just as much as xmas. Was just a friendly request, if you really prefer to type it like that, well. Your choice. You're probably not gonna get anyone to stop typing 'xmas' by using it, though...
And it's still a city in China.

I didn't mean to offend you personally. I was just trying to justify it. Also it annoys me as much to see Christian this christian that. It's bad enough they run the country, but they have to rub it in your face all the time. Name another religion that has it's own TV station in the US.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Talo:
Never thought you meant it against me, I'm just annoyed by both of those spellings. >_>

There is a Danish duo who call themselves 'Fagget Fairies'. It is a lesbian couple, they have been dj'ing in different places in Copenhagen, and now they're making a CD with lesbian themed songs. Their first single is called 'Feed the horse'...

Just random info because I personally think it's cool that they stand up and are proud of who they are, as well as expressing how they feel.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I didn't mean to offend you personally. I was just trying to justify it. Also it annoys me as much to see Christian this christian that. It's bad enough they run the country, but they have to rub it in your face all the time. Name another religion that has it's own TV station in the US.

HAHAHAHAH, way your kinda missing the school system aren't you?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Directly, not indirectly.

Sure, as long as you respect that other people who do not confess to the same religion as you, do not have to abide by your religious views.

Hey, I'm all for passing a law I think it's wrong, but I'll gladly defend people using their religious beliefs to support there opinions, which support a law.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

So should I be legally allowed to marry my brother?

Uh...well see I think it's one hundred percent wrong, but I'm not gona stop you but if your kid is messed up, the government shouldnt have to worry about it.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

So should I be legally allowed to marry my brother?
That really doesn't belong in the homosexual thread's discussion... Honestly, I don't see the problem in it, but inbreeding (incest, I guess it's called when it's humans) is often looked at as morally wrong... And well, it's not a good idea to produce children via inbreeding, but personally I don't see a problem in loving a sibling...
yetsumari
yetsumari
82 posts
Nomad

I personally think it is none of my business, if someone is gay, great. if someone isn't gay, great. homosexuals don't piss me off. Unless it is a guy that has that high, purposely accented voice.

kingmike123
kingmike123
383 posts
Peasant

i am staright but i dont think it bad for people to be like that, it america u can do anything

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

I think they should section off part of the world for gay people. They can have Australia. That way they are happy, and everyone else is happy. If your gay, you are sent down under. Then hell.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I thought this would be a good way to spend my ten minutes online during my vacation...

Talo, given that I live in Australia, this is an especially unwise comment.

But I won't take personal offence- I will instead merely point out that you are making a bigoted statement which is a bannable offence. So I thought this would be the perfect time for a little public censure.

I only give one warning.

Showing 2971-2985 of 3228