ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 217138
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Sadly in this instance it was developed for consoles

plz. check youtube for videos about their gameplay presentations.
you will hear them say in almost evry video that they are showing x360 version but the pc version will ofcours look beter. because they made it for the pc in mind.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Who else already got the game?
I have it, legal, but I cant play it until 11/11/11. Just mean, the game and map are just looking at me like, neneneneme you cant play Skyrim.

i bought it yesterday. luckly the store owner warned me that i couldn't play it.
it realy sucks. i got the dvd why not play it? because of the stupid steam. and DRM =(

both are a pain in the ***, lets hope the game was worth the trouble. but i'm prety sure it is.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

plz. check youtube for videos about their gameplay presentations.
you will hear them say in almost evry video that they are showing x360 version but the pc version will ofcours look beter. because they made it for the pc in mind.

I never said they made it with consoles in mind. I said they made it for consoles, and then ported it to PC. But being Bethesda they will have improved on the PC version.
MegaIPOD
MegaIPOD
421 posts
Shepherd

If some of you can't wait,then here's the Starting
Honestly i have never played Skyrim and heard of it this june,i saw this video and i'm definetly gonna be buying it

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Ahem. Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist is going to take this time to fanboy-out about the certain Fantasy RPG Sanbox game he acquired a few hours ago...

OMGOMGOMGOMG FAVORITES ISH SOOOO USEFUL!!! LUV THE RANDOM DUNGEON QUESTZZ!! I WANNA FIGHT AN UNSCRIPTED DRAGON AND KILL A BABY MOOSE!! LIGHTNING IN RIGHT HAND + LIGHTNING IN LEFT AHND = I AM A SITH LORD!!!!!

*regains composure*

Sorry you had to see that.

-Chillz

MegaIPOD
MegaIPOD
421 posts
Shepherd

ChillzMaster=AG's Official Game Critic [Total Fanboy XD Joke]

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

ChillzMaster=AG's Official Game Critic

Sono-- He beat me to it.

Skyrim? I've only seen the first video from Jesse Cox and never understood the hype or the game beforehand... from the looks of that video alone it appears I'm going to be getting it

And yes, I will be criticizing it somehow most likely. -- I'm taking steps to make sure I can highlight areas of improvement without stepping on the tone or pro's of a game... in this case, it has a 94.9283% chance of being superb despite its flaws, with a 13.55% chance of it having some immensely broken mechanic. :P

As for you Chillz, calm down a wee bit

- H
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

As for you Chillz, calm down a wee bit

BUT YOU CAN CAST FIRE, AND HEAL YOURSELF AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

If I had the cash, I would get this game right now. But I'm poor. So I wont.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

got the game here since 9 nov. and i still didn't got time to play =(
pesky work grrrr.
tomorrow day off ^^ skyrim here i come =D

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I think, that for me, it is the best game since TES IV or III. It is just cool. The tutorial is cool, and not as boring as Oblivion. I always liked Skyrim from the Lore of TES. And of course the cool Dragon fights. I already killed 5 of them and got killed 2 times by them. And I am happy you aren't as powerful as in Oblivin because of the new monster level system. In Oblivion if you were level 10 you encountered a rat who still was as hard to kill as at lvl 1, but in Skyrim I encountered a giant who was a lot levels higher then me so he crushed me with 1 smash.

If u like RPG games I think that you don't waste your money on buying this one.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

a giant who was a lot levels higher then me so he crushed me with 1 smash.

he smacked me so hard that he sended me to high it almost looked like i was in the world map menu XD
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

No stat differences = sad face

No throwing = sad face

No breaking doors = sad face

Even less specific skills = bigger sad face :[

Merchant system acting like you're the only customer = sad face

Because of less specific skills, Mace > Axe > Sword = Pissed off D:<

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I fast-traveled with my only companion in the real world or any virtual one, Lydia, and encountered a dragon. Challenge accepted. I ended up using all of my 10 or so health potions, killing it at about half health.

Those things drain everything you have in your inventory, but I just love the feeling when the Dragon kind of burns up and you absorb its knowledge. Shouting is really fun :P

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

No throwing = sad face

when you hold down the "use" button you are able to pickup stuff but not putting it in your inventory. click "use" again to drop it

happy face =D
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'm talking about throwing weapons. They didn't have them in Oblivion either and was an exclusive feature for Morrowind. Why *not* have throwing weapons? A lot of the less-specific skills/weapons in Skyrim are because of "well, this skill can cover that too, so let's not bother" rubbish. Speech can cover both Mercantile and Speech--One-handed can cover Mace, Axe, Longblade, Shortblade--Two-handed can cover that with Spear that's also not included for some reason. And where's Medium Armor? Why can't I get increasingly faster with each Athletics skill?

Why the flying fish can every race carry the same amount of weight? If you're a skinny, sneaky thief, you have the potential to carry more weight than the hardy, masculine warriors--up to 100lbs more.

Oh and since there are torches, there is no need for lanterns or candlesticks.

Showing 121-135 of 1122