ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 216828
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I've noticed that a lot of people have been saying that I look sick in Skyrim. What is this about? I don't remember the game mentioning I was sick. Can anybody explain?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i just compleetly agree whit evry word you said there.
some things are realy new and awsome. but they left so much out that was in there in other TES games. sometimes it makes it a little sad.
like in oblivion you could actualy hit dead people. if you hit them in skyrim they only fart some blood. =(

melon0111
melon0111
211 posts
Nomad

i wish i could get this but my mom says that its "too close to Christmas". i hate my life. I've played Morrowind and Oblivion and i tried to convince them its good.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

No stat differences = sad face

No throwing = sad face

No breaking doors = sad face

Even less specific skills = bigger sad face :[

Merchant system acting like you're the only customer = sad face

Because of less specific skills, Mace > Axe > Sword = Pissed off D:<

I actually enjoy many of those changes.

No stat differences = happy face : )

I hated how random stats where in Oblivion. I know that they were determined by the actions you made in game, but you leveled certain stats purely on accident, which means you couldn't increase stats that were important to you as much. The worst was how you leveled up for running and jumping.

No throwing = sad face

No breaking doors = neutral face :/

Even less specific skills = happy face : )

Because of less specific skills, Mace > Axe > Sword = well, maces are the slowest, but have the highest chance of offsetting an enemy. I kind of see where you're coming from with this though.

I actually enjoy the new skill trees more. Even though they are much more simple than how skills worked in the last game, I believe they offer a greater variety of playstyles. I understand that in earlier games, when you rolled a mage, you had almost no chance of mastering swords unless you specialized ed in such a way. That is a bit of a bummer, as you can almost always decide to raise your melee as a mage later in the game. However, with a little bit of will power, this isn't too much of an issue.

I also had the same problem with how each character carries the same amount of weight. However, I quickly grew past such disappointment and I feel it works pretty well.

The problem with Skyrim is that, despite all the adversity, it's super easy to just "master everything". However, you have a limited amount of points to spend on your trees, which is the backbone of your character. This is what will keep most people focused on a single playstyle. However, there's nothing stopping you from being "jack of all trades, master of none."
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

omg i cant even get over the literal trailer for skyrim, cracks me up every time. search it up on youtube, literal skyrim trailer by toboscus, hilarious

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

No stat differences = sad face

No throwing = sad face

No breaking doors = sad face

Even less specific skills = bigger sad face :[

Because of less specific skills, Mace > Axe > Sword = Pissed off D:<

No stat difference = happy because in Oblivion I got lvl up because of running and jumping. You can have that in Skyrim.

No throwing ? You mean pick something up without you putting it in your inventory? That's possible, just hold the pick up button.

No breaking doors. Is that ever been an option in TES?

Less specific skills = happy face. You can now upgrade a skill to your preference. Just take destruction. If u like lightning spells you only have to upgrade the lightning perk in the Destruction skill. This is possible with a lot of spells.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I know that they were determined by the actions you made in game, but you leveled certain stats purely on accident

you leveled them because you used those skill while playing.

which means you couldn't increase stats that were important to you

you could train your stats.
when you leveled up you didn't had to go sleep right away. you can keep leveling to make sure the stats you want are X2-3-5.

The worst was how you leveled up for running and jumping.

in oblivion you only leveled up from your mayor skills and not the rest. aslong you didn't had running / jumping as a mayor you didn't level up from it.

You mean pick something up without you putting it in your inventory? That's possible, just hold the pick up button.

no he ment throwing weapons like spears, javalins, throwing knifes, etc. =)
they were in morrowind but not in any other elder scrolls game.
MegaIPOD
MegaIPOD
421 posts
Shepherd

omg i cant even get over the literal trailer for skyrim, cracks me up every time. search it up on youtube, literal skyrim trailer by toboscus, hilarious

An audience Member! I love Toby!
Here's the Literal,Pretty EPIC!
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

And now to break the camel's back. Why in the world are there no stat points? Strength, Intelligence, Willpower, Endurance, Speed, Agility, Personality, Luck, that are higher/lower given your race/gender? And explain to me how a thief can carry more weight than a hardy, masculine warrior because of the Extra Pockets perk that is located inside the Pickpocket skill by up to 100lbs?

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well that is because there are at 1st no classes, so no warrior or thief, and second if a warrior based person wants extra weight carrying, he would choose that perk because he isn't stuck to a certain skill tree to follow like most MMO games.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

No stat difference = happy because in Oblivion I got lvl up because of running and jumping. You can have that in Skyrim.

Strength, Intelligence, Agility, Endurance, Willpower, Personality, Luck, Speed. Except the bonus race skills, every race is the same, which is a load of crock.

No breaking doors. Is that ever been an option in TES?

In Daggerfall, you didn't have to pick locks. You can just smash the door down. You had to be careful about where/how you smashed the door down because it would attract noise and therefore attention. Point is, being a warrior in that game meant being a warrior. You didn't have to adopt other character tiers to be successful at a game and have access to other otherwise locked areas.

Well that is because there are at 1st no classes, so no warrior or thief

Despite no character path, you are still adopting Warrior/Mage/Thief tiers. It was the same in Oblivion--although you started off with more X skills, you could still turn out being an All-in-One character at the end. It just took time. Same in Morrowind. Same in Daggerfall, just much more difficult.

Less specific skills = happy face. You can now upgrade a skill to your preference. Just take destruction. If u like lightning spells you only have to upgrade the lightning perk in the Destruction skill. This is possible with a lot of spells.

You still have to accept the fact that, because of this system, a lot of skills had to be either compensated or removed, due to "fairness". Because of this, certain weapons are better than others, armors are removed, armors are degraded from their former glory (Orcish armor used to be the strongest Medium Armor type, which is also removed), weapons have to stick to their tier type and stay "fair", and some spells don't even exist anymore.

In regards to the "fairness" of a game, you can have both fairness and the extreme variety that both Daggerfall and Morrowind used to have at the same time. If one cannot exist, then I would rather have more variety so I can play what I want.

If Bethesda is leaning towards more variety with combat, why have static attack values? Morrowind's weapons had an attack range, meaning not all attacks are the same. They have so many "different" ways of performing actions and obtaining items and creating items, but....each and every attack is the same power, once you subtract the defense threshold.
ferrettinho
ferrettinho
1 posts
Nomad

Skyrim? I've only seen the first video from Jesse Cox and never understood the hype or the game beforehand... from the looks of that video alone it appears I'm going to be getting it

And yes, I will be criticizing it somehow most likely. -- I'm taking steps to make sure I can highlight areas of improvement without stepping on the tone or pro's of a game... in this case, it has a 94.9283% chance of being superb despite its flaws, with a 13.55% chance of it having some immensely broken mechanic. :P

As for you Chillz, calm down a wee bit

- H

SceneTheKid
SceneTheKid
22 posts
Nomad

Whats Skyrim? I hear my friends talk about it, but it sounds boring.

OoberxAllen
OoberxAllen
147 posts
Nomad

@SceneTheKid

It's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

And it may sound boring but it's an amazing series of video games

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

"The ChillzMaster and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" is coming soon, but all I have to say is this, played over 50 hours since the midnight launch, haven't scraped the surface. Also, just watched the X-Play review for the game... the freaking went on and on and ON about how it's the best console game of this generation and how it has a longer lifespan than Oblivion. Mind you, Oblivion's a game that still held up incredibly well when I played it all day on the 10th in drooling anticipation for the coming of Alduin's Destruction to Tamriel.

-Chillz

Showing 136-150 of 1122