ForumsThe TavernSleeping problems

61 9667
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've been having sleeping problems recently. I just can't fall asleep at night, even when I'm tired it's hard to fall asleep. I've tried several things to get to sleep, which includes taking sleeping pills and doing a lot of activities throughout the day to get me tired, but nothing's working. And since two days ago I've been having this pain on the left side of my left knee. But that's only when I'm standing up and walking around, I don't think that could affect my sleeping habits much. Any advise on what I could do to get to sleep?
Like right now, I've been trying to go to sleep for the past four hours, but I can't. I just lie there. I've been up for about twenty-four hours now too.

• 61 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

If the pain in your leg persists, go to your doctor and ask them to take a look at it.

If sleeping tablets won't work and exercise won't either, then you should try relaxation exercises to calm your mind before sleep?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

If we can ever get back to forming clubs we should start an insomniacs club around here.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The only two things i could suggest is don't eat or exercise 2 hours before you go to sleep.

ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
107 posts
Nomad

I always found doing so one hour before going to sleep was good for me. I eat, then stretch, do something for an hour like reading a book or going on AG, then go to sleep. Works fine for me. Just make sure the food/drink doesn't have caffeine or something like that in it. I don't like drinking milk before I go to bed, but that might be because it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But. Yeah.

I drink milk before sleeps but i brush my teeths :0, and always sleep with a good soundtrack
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

I have only found two ways to fall asleep. One being to stay awake till I simply fall asleep, usually while playing on my computer or watching tv. Although it once happened when I was walking through my living room. The other way was mentioned in another post, calming your mind. I find that one to work better, both because I sleep better and because I can sleep more often. However the downside is that it can be extremely difficult.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Stay up until you can sleep.

It's the only waaaaaayyyyyyy...

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lately? lol sorry but i heard of that from the first day i known you anyway, i already tried to give you tips and suggestions but nothing i said really worked... maybe try using soft melodies? anyway if its really that bad i really think you should see a doctor. maybe its a physical problem and there might actually be something that helps more then sleeping pills. also if nothing like that worked you could try something more...... (sorry bad english) spiritual methods like accupuncture. anyway i hope you will get better

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Sometimes I can't sleep in the summer either. It mostly happens when I don't do anything or it's real hot outside, though :P
Sometimes, if I can't get to sleep, I'll look out my window and get the feeling that I need to be doing something...but I can never figure out what.

pk2015
pk2015
255 posts
Nomad

yeah reading a book makes me sleepy try that

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

yeah, listening to music might be good, some slow soothing music or punk metal. whatever floats your boat.

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Trying not to think about anything usually helps me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If the pain in your leg persists, go to your doctor and ask them to take a look at it.

I might, either that, or I'll get some cream to put on where the pain is.
If sleeping tablets won't work and exercise won't either, then you should try relaxation exercises to calm your mind before sleep?

Could you list a few for me? I have stress.
If we can ever get back to forming clubs we should start an insomniacs club around here.

Probably, I'd like to ask some of them how they try to get to sleep at night.
The only two things i could suggest is don't eat or exercise 2 hours before you go to sleep.

I don't. I exercise four-five hours before I go to bed, then I eat like an hour and a half after exercising. But exercising should make me tired.
stay awake till I simply fall asleep

Stay up until you can sleep.

If I did that, then I'd be up for two days.
i heard of that from the first day i known you

That was when I liked to stay up late and did it on my own, but now I can't get much sleep when I want to.
try using soft melodies?

I like sleeping with everything in my room off except for a fan or air conditioner, and I can't leave my laptop on all night for music. That'll make the battery worse.
reading a book makes me sleepy try that

Reading a book makes me stay up longer because when I read I picture the events in my mind, sort of like a movie in my head.
listening to music might be good

If I had an MP3 player/iPod, then I would.
Trying not to think about anything usually helps me.

Difficult for me to do that.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I just remembered, reading a book also helps you fall asleep.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

reading a book also helps you fall asleep.

Not for me. Reason: Reading a book makes me stay up longer because when I read I picture the events in my mind, sort of like a movie in my head.
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

If your not able to sleep it might be because some people simply don't need to sleep as much as others.

Showing 1-15 of 61