The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernIf everyone looked the same...

70 9022
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

What would everyone look like if we all looked the same, in your opinion?
What would everything look like if the world was all the same? What if
everything was the same color?
Don't think I'm, crazy, just wondered what different people think about
that condition.

• 70 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Would people be able to change like their hairstyles? Or would that be the same too?

Maybe we wouldn't even have hair.
One thing is for sure we would be far less visual and we would likely use some other means of identifying each other.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Maybe individuallity would be stopped, and diversity would be non-existent.

The only way to express our true individuality would be on forums like this. O NOES!
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

we would likely use some other means of identifying each other.

Such as those name tags that say "Hello, My Name Is:"

I wonder if we'd have similar names, too...
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

watch fairly odd parents. When he wishes that everyone was the same.

Thats exactly what would happen

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

watch fairly odd parents. When he wishes that everyone was the same.

Thats exactly what would happen

*ahem*

Call me crazy, but I think that someone posted that already:

It would probably be a bit like that episode of Fairly Odd Parents, where Timmy wishes everyone looked the same. Minus the fairies, of course.

^ Kind of like that one. Now, where could it be????
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

... i really should learn to read before i post

akqpars
akqpars
183 posts
Nomad

Inspite of your craziness in normal life,you would be normal on the first hand,on the other hand hobbies would be much less if everwhere was the same.Lastly Same colour situation is same as pitch black,thus touching and hearing senses would be the first priority and samurai alike cultures would own the system.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

the only good thing that will happen will be lack of hatred. but there will also be lack of passion if everyone would look the same. things would be boring. and if you also mean like personality then it would be even worse

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Such as those name tags that say "Hello, My Name Is:"

Since that would be a change in appearance probably not. I was thinking perhaps smell.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

It would be very difficult to find a girlfriend/boyfriend.

+mutations make look different, but they may just kill them off.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I'd say suicide would be a lot more frequent and easy to do and nobody could ever say "You're unique, never forget that."

KentReid
KentReid
65 posts
Nomad

Seeing as most of human behavior is geared towards... "mating" (I hope that isn't in violation of any rules) and most of that is based upon physical attraction I'd think that populations would decline due to lack of physical chemistry... or we'd begin to see each other for the profoundness of our personalities... but probably the first one.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

It all depends on whether from the actual state, we would suddenly go to all look the same and so on, or if it would be like that since the beginning..

What would everyone look like if we all looked the same, in your opinion?

If we'd all turn to clones, we'd get into a lot of trouble since we differentiate between physical appearance and properties like voice or such.
If we would be a species of people looking all the same, we would have another method of identification, like pheromones (think of ants). We would not care since we would not have evolved such a preference for visual identification.

What would everything look like if the world was all the same?

What do you mean by if the world was all the same? The same environment or what? Because total uniformity would mean something like a uniformous ocean or soup we'd be in..

What if everything was the same color?

I don't think in our current society that this would be a big problem, we would simply improve our hearing and tasting etc. with time. We would still see different intensities of lighting, and relief.
Now if we would still live in small groups in the rain forest, not seeing colours would have meant trouble since we'd be unable to properly see interesting fruits or toxic animals from a safe distance. We might had improved smell instead to compensate. And vision would be even less important than the other senses.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

whoa. never thought of that... we would probably be really boring. I agree with Sheppard007. diversity wouldn't be here. For one, there would be no racism or put-downs on what people look like. because then we would be insulting ourselves.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

We'd all look like 28 year old Han Chinese males. According to National Geographic, that's the most common type of person on the planet, so...

Showing 16-30 of 70