The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernIf everyone looked the same...

70 9019
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

What would everyone look like if we all looked the same, in your opinion?
What would everything look like if the world was all the same? What if
everything was the same color?
Don't think I'm, crazy, just wondered what different people think about
that condition.

• 70 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

There would probably be more crime as nobody could tell the difference between one another.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

1. It could be determined whether limerence functions solely on physical qualities.
2. Everyone would either seem unattractive or attractive.
3. It would be impossible to identify anyone, and crime would drastically increase.
4. I don't think everyone looking the same would last forever, because of genetic code mixing at reproduction.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

If everything were the same color we couldn't tell the difference between anything. So we would basically be blind.

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

If everything were the same color we couldn't tell the difference between anything. So we would basically be blind.

That wouldn't exactly be true because there would be light sources and therefore there would be light and dark. Using the differences in light we would be able to distinguish individual objects.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I remember a fairly odd parents episode covered this. the fairies started exploding cuz they couldn't find their owner and got magical backup.

I saw it when I was 10 so don't judge me.

in any case, it wouldn't matter what you looked like, only if you had individual personalities.
I we were all the same completely, then life would suck.

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

I remember a fairly odd parents episode covered this. the fairies started exploding cuz they couldn't find their owner and got magical backup.

That's already been mentioned.
I saw it when I was 10 so don't judge me.

We're not very judgmental.
I we were all the same completely, then life would suck.

That about sums it up.
Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

[quote]Hopefully everyone wouldn't be dressed in red

Lol. That would be the end of human life.[/quote]

I don't know, Picard has survived a lot of close calls...

I would think there are two different "bodies," one for man, the other for woman.

Imagine this scenario:

Wife: How could you go out with another woman?

Husband: I thought she was you.

I see this happening alot in that society.
deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

well to be honest it all LOOKS the same to me gray dull and depressing, and if every person looked the same that could do wonders but also make things very hard. This would end a lot of arguments and trends about stupid things that i see everyday but would make things like crime solving (said by Jefferysinspiration) much harder, overall it could be a wonderful yet dull world or even could be the world we live in today.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Wife: How could you go out with another woman?

Husband: I thought she was you.

I see this happening alot in that society.

If EVERYONE was the same, how would you know who was male/female?
This could be interesting for sexuality.

Also your scenario is so true, you'd be attracted to everyone on the planet :P
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Lol.. if we'd all look the same, we would be able to recognize each other by other means, most probable is the smell or the voice. Except, of course, if we'd all turn out the same without having evolved like that, then there might be a lot of such things happening
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Maybe we would reproduce like ants. There would be a sort of "queen" for each region/city/whatever and each male would need to auhm... reproduce with her.
If we would all look the same the whole population would be like a sort of super person and each person would be a part of it. We would all be clones, all the same person, all the same, same body, same eyes, same face, same voice, same personality. We all be living in a world of white, black and shades of grey. If one person is able to play tennis at an expert like level, everybody would be able to play tennis at an expert level. No difference, no excitement, no fun. No originality, nothing.
Wow.... that's depressing.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I would make a joke about china, but for now I think its best for me to spare the racism.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, I don't know if I like where this is leading.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Wow, I don't know if I like where this is leading.

Why? It's not exactly creative, but at least it's not off-topic.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I would make a joke about china, but for now I think its best for me to spare the racism.

T.T
To the Chinese, all you white people look the same too. >:/

If everyone LOOKED the same, then I guess you could distinguish with clothes or personality.
If everyone WAS the same, then it would be a very boring world indeed.
Showing 31-45 of 70