The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernIf everyone looked the same...

70 9017
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

What would everyone look like if we all looked the same, in your opinion?
What would everything look like if the world was all the same? What if
everything was the same color?
Don't think I'm, crazy, just wondered what different people think about
that condition.

• 70 Replies
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

Say everything and everybody was gray. Then the world would be super boring. Suicide rates would be up.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Say everything and everybody was gray. Then the world would be super boring. Suicide rates would be up.

Again, not necessarily, because if everything was gray we wouldn't have such a big visual sense, the others being much more developed.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Well, if we were all the same, it wouldn't matter how we perceived things would it? We'd all look at things the same way.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, if we were all the same, it wouldn't matter how we perceived things would it? We'd all look at things the same way.

Depends on what degree we are similar, if it's just the look, the body, then regular senses except vision would still be very important. If we were all clones, then the only thing differentiating us would be personality, since it is not only depending on your genes but also on environment and experience. We would be able to perceive people's personalities much better.

If we had almost no perception, our society would inevitably break down, we would possibly consider every other human as a threat except sometimes for mating, and it would not matter that we are all the same then. No perception=no communication..
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Well, if we all looked the same and all thought the same, perhaps we would think the same?

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Well, if we all looked the same and all thought the same, perhaps we would think the same?

I meant to say that if we all looked the same, we would all be formed the same, therefore eliminating the reason for individuality.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

How would we tell gender apart?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I meant to say that if we all looked the same, we would all be formed the same, therefore eliminating the reason for individuality.

D'uh... morphology is not the only criterium for individuality. Like I said, personality also shapes with time, environment, etc. Of course we would all have similar tastes, but we would simply put more weight on small differences. Also, what about clothing? Would everyone have to wear the exact clothing or hairdo?

Though, I must concede, if you look for example at ants, the single ant is not important, the individuum is only a part of the whole superorganism. Think of single ants as single cells of a body. Would our society develop similarly if we were all clones? We would have to have different classes though, for the different functions.

How would we tell gender apart?

Maybe we'd have pheromones that we could decipher clearly?
kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

If we all looked the same there would be no racism and less bullying about appearance.If we all looked the same I would dress weirdly to be different.

This discussion reminds me of an episode of The Fairly OddParents.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Well yes, perhaps we all wear the same clothes so we look like the old Star Trek?

Showing 61-70 of 70