The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHow do pokemon work? I mean honestly.

57 8288
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I know that I'm not the only one that has noticed that most pokemon make no sense. Take diglett for example, where is the rest of it's body, or does it just cut off and have a flat bottom half, and what happens when it gets sent out of it's pokeball, does it just magically appear in the dirt. I'm rambling again, come here to discuss all the flaws with how pokemon were designed, from where they get there equipment to there anatomy.

• 57 Replies
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

It's not of our world. Do not question Pokemon.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

But still, you must have some questions about them. Me and a couple of my friends spent like half an hour to an hour just discussing this.

supposedlySweet
supposedlySweet
16 posts
Nomad

Pokemon games are for kid's so I don't think they really care if they're unrealistic, just if they're cool or powerful or something like that.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Something tells me that Pokemon isn't supposed to be realistic.

The best hint is how nobody's mom lets them venture out into the big bad world at the age of 10.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Yeah but older people still like it, and it is a bit fun picking out the things that make very little to no sense.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

But still, you must have some questions about them.  Me and a couple of my friends spent like half an hour to an hour just discussing this.

You need a life my friend.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I do have a life, but I'm visiting a friends, and we were watching a movie when this came to mind.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Your basically questioning the physics of a game about magical creatures who we train to fight each other. Think of it like the movie Inception, they made up whatever rules they wanted because there is no actual science behind going into peoples dreams. Beside for half the stuff Japan produces not making any sense, game developers can make up whatever they want. If you want to question games that make no sense, question FPS games. You can shoot at a wall forever, but it doesn't break. You have unrealistically large clips. If you want to question a game, don't question one about something unrealistic.

Pokemon games are for kid's so I don't think they really care if they're unrealistic, just if they're cool or powerful or something like that.

Many adults also enjoy it.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

The laws of physics don't have to apply to things that are imaginary.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

But still, it's kinda fun thinking about the mechanics behind some of these pokemon.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

But still, it's kinda fun thinking about the mechanics behind some of these pokemon.

Not really, I tend not to question things that were never meant to make sense.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

A wizard did it. No matter what your question is, that is the answer.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

To each there own, some of the conclusions you come up with while thinking about this are usually pretty amusing.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I suppose it can be if your into it enough. I know I like to think of those sorts of things with works of fiction I get into. Or even invent my own explanations if the fiction doesn't provide one.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I suppose it can be if your into it enough. I know I like to think of those sorts of things with works of fiction I get into. Or even invent my own explanations if the fiction doesn't provide one.
Yeah that's what we were doing, and it kept us entertained.
Showing 1-15 of 57