The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHow do pokemon work? I mean honestly.

57 8289
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I know that I'm not the only one that has noticed that most pokemon make no sense. Take diglett for example, where is the rest of it's body, or does it just cut off and have a flat bottom half, and what happens when it gets sent out of it's pokeball, does it just magically appear in the dirt. I'm rambling again, come here to discuss all the flaws with how pokemon were designed, from where they get there equipment to there anatomy.

• 57 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I used to think about things for the show Spongebob Squarepants. I used to see things in there when I would watch it that wouldn't make sense if it were real.

But it isn't real, so there's no use in questioning it.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Diglett does mention that it has feet in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon so saying that it has a flat bottom is incorrect.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Wait it says that it has feet?

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
827 posts
Nomad

Pokemon games are for kid's so I don't think they really care if they're unrealistic, just if they're cool or powerful or something like that.

Pokemon is not just for kids. They are for all ages.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Pokemon is not just for kids. They are for all ages.

true. my mother plays the normal pokemon games more then i do. i just play until i finish the "story" and im bored. my mom actually gets all pokemon in every game.

yes i think you shouldnt question a world that is different. physics of this world dont exist or are different then in other imaginary/real? worlds.

but i CAN say something you might find funny. the pokemon characters both trainers from normal series and pokemon from mystery dungeon series do know it doesnt make sense and call it one of the 7 pokemon mysteries (i think it was 7)

for a logical explanation... idk maybe that red ray is strong enough to make a small hole in the ground so diglet can get in it? or maybe when you still just see that red aura of the pokemon when he comes out he just makes the hole himself? idk.

maybe he even have a takeaway dirt inside his pokeball so it comes out together with him and makes it easy for him to dig in the new ground it appears in. sounds stupid but it could be an explanation XD
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Pokemon are like cartoons. They don't have to make sense to have fun. There made for our enjoyment not for a science debate. Technichally pokemon are just a bunch of pixells and move by miles of code.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lol pokemon arent like cartoons. they ARE cartoons XD

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Diglet has a foot, I think I know that from a Pokedex entry or something. Can you stop being so logical and have some fun?

Flying on small Pokemon?

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

im question is if uve ever saw the pokemon cartoon thats been around forever now the main person (Ash) is STILL 10! hes wayy older than that now, and they hang around all these creepy old people its just creepy.

someone needs to yell stranger danger.

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Yes, that is true. I have always questioned how the pokemon fit in the pokeballs. And what does the inside look like? It must be cramped in there.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Just remember, guys:

It makes sense if you don't think about it.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Maybe there in a form of stasis while in the pokeball, and didn't they once show what the inside of a pokeball looks like. No Ash is like 14-15 now.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Another thing I don't get, if it is easier in the game to catch a pokemon the more damaged it is, then why can't you catch it when it passes out. I mean think about it, it just sorta faints and lies there, so why can't we just throw a little ball at it.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well their anatomy kinda corresponds to their type of pokemon. For example: pikachu is an electric mouse, so his anatomy is that of a mouse. A digglet is basically dirt. Mew and mewtwo are suppose to be alien/clones, and so forth.

And Ash is always 10, because he would be too experienced with Pokemon if he was 14-15. So he basically goes back in time after the kanto region and starts over from the beginning but with Pikachu.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

Pokemon is made for little kids who won't question or doubt what the creators made.

Showing 16-30 of 57