The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHow do pokemon work? I mean honestly.

57 8287
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I know that I'm not the only one that has noticed that most pokemon make no sense. Take diglett for example, where is the rest of it's body, or does it just cut off and have a flat bottom half, and what happens when it gets sent out of it's pokeball, does it just magically appear in the dirt. I'm rambling again, come here to discuss all the flaws with how pokemon were designed, from where they get there equipment to there anatomy.

• 57 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

They work that way because Arceus created them that way.

James212
James212
88 posts
Blacksmith

You grab one of those red and white balls and throw them in the air and a creature thing comes out.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I don't think Pokemon really has to make sense. XD
Look at all the other Fantasy worlds out there. But as for the Diglet thing, I think there is more of him underground, and as for the Pokeball thing...maybe there's another dimension? Oo

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Pokemon is easy to explain. I would explain it to you, but it would only confuse you. So I'll explain it the second way.
Step one: Get some mushrooms
Step two: Share the mushrooms
Step three: Eat the mushrooms
Step four: Let them work their magic
Step five: There is no step five

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Okay, how do the steel type pokemon work.

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

It makes sense if you don't think about it.

Well that should be common sense.
Pokemon is easy to explain. I would explain it to you, but it would only confuse you. So I'll explain it the second way.
Step one: Get some mushrooms
Step two: Share the mushrooms
Step three: Eat the mushrooms
Step four: Let them work their magic
Step five: There is no step five

I very much like this explanation. It makes perfect sense and is fairly logical.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Dibs, you live in Japan, you tell us.......

Experience, how does it exist?
How can eating 99 pieces of candy back to back turn you from a new born to the biggest bad *** around?
How can you clone something and get something completely different?
How can something hold thousands of volts of electricity (enough that a gathering of several of them instantly causes a thunderstorm) yet not instantly discharge when touched?
How can Mew be the first Poke'mon that every other Poke'mon evolved from if Arceus created everything at once and is itself a Poke'mon?
How does Arceus have 1000 arms if it has no arms at all?
How is it that Poke'mon breeders have existed for thousands of years, yet nobody has seen one lay an egg and even the smartest of scientists can't explain how eggs that show up when two Poke'mon mate get there and still don't know if the eggs that Poke'mon hatch from are even layed by Poke'mon?
Poke'balls, wtf?
How does eating dry food instantly make you more beautiful (and the other flavor/status combos)?
How can the most powerful Poke'mon be defeated, yet still be the most powerful?
Why are they called Pocket Monsters if they are always carried on belts?
Why is there a Dark type, but no Light type?
How does an 80 pound rock float?
Magikarp, wtf?
How can wagging your finger let you use any attack at all randomly?
How can painting a picture of an attack make you instantly able to use it at will, but you forgot how to paint?
How can I breed Poke'mon X and Ditto and no matter how many generations are bred back to that same Ditto always produce Poke'mon X and never another Ditto?
How can Ditto breed with every nonLegendary Poke'mon successfully but another Ditto?

Explain that, Dibs.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I do have an answer for each of those, just give me a minute to get it all down.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Experience, how does it exist?
They learn by acting, they get more proficient each time they use there moves on a live target.
How can eating 99 pieces of candy back to back turn you from a new born to the biggest bad *** around?
They are growth hormones.
How can you clone something and get something completely different?
Man is flawed
How can something hold thousands of volts of electricity (enough that a gathering of several of them instantly causes a thunderstorm) yet not instantly discharge when touched?
It has the proper insulation.
How can Mew be the first Poke'mon that every other Poke'mon evolved from if Arceus created everything at once and is itself a Poke'mon?
It is the first non deity pokemon
How does Arceus have 1000 arms if it has no arms at all?
It is a shape shifter.
How is it that Poke'mon breeders have existed for thousands of years, yet nobody has seen one lay an egg and even the smartest of scientists can't explain how eggs that show up when two Poke'mon mate get there and still don't know if the eggs that Poke'mon hatch from are even layed by Poke'mon?
They have yet to copulate in the presence of humans.
Poke'balls, wtf?
The put the pokemon in a stasis mode, and they shrink them.
How does eating dry food instantly make you more beautiful (and the other flavor/status combos)?
Simple stuff like increasing there coat sheen, and there reflexes.
How can the most powerful Poke'mon be defeated, yet still be the most powerful?
Respect pure and simple.
Why are they called Pocket Monsters if they are always carried on belts?
The name comes from them originally being like portable pets.
Why is there a Dark type, but no Light type?
If you wait it shall come.
How does an 80 pound rock float?
Magnetism
Magikarp, wtf?
Q
How can wagging your finger let you use any attack at all randomly?
It helps you focus 100% brain functions.
How can painting a picture of an attack make you instantly able to use it at will, but you forgot how to paint?
To learn one thing you must forget another.
How can I breed Poke'mon X and Ditto and no matter how many generations are bred back to that same Ditto always produce Poke'mon X and never another Ditto?
They are natures blank CDs.
How can Ditto breed with every nonLegendary Poke'mon successfully but another Ditto?
You can't copy a blank onto another blank.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Dibs, I hate you, I hope that ticket you bought a few weeks ago was round trip.........

If you know all that, why ask us?
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Dibs, I hate you, I hope that ticket you bought a few weeks ago was round trip.........
Booya bit-ch. Cause you ask we respond, and gracias.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

actually i like this one better. mew was just too lazy to do anything. arceus was evolved from him and created everything. then mew just waited (because he is so lazy and cute) and let evolution take its course XD
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

wow what a fail of a post basically i was just saying your good at explaining things

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

Muchas gracias muchacho. If you have any other questions about the mysteries of pokemon, feel free to ask them. I will answer any related question that is asked to the best of my ability.

indienorien
indienorien
24 posts
Peasant

How can Bill (I think that was his name) and oak not know that there are more then 150 pokémon. How can nobody know in the first serie?

How the hell does Ash earn the money to buy clothes, food, potions, etc... You never see him recieve money in the series.

Why aren't there safety measurements in stadiums? I mean come on, if MY charizard would use overheat then the entire building would be melted away. Besides, how can a grass pokémon that is hit with a huge fireball even survive? They always faint, they never die!

Showing 31-45 of 57