ForumsPopular MediaWhat the most beautiful song for you?

101 34700
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

This thread was made to share the songs you think are the most beautiful (or emotive). 3 rules for this thread:
_Write the title and the autor of the song.
_A link to the song
_Why do you like it

For me, it's Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley because it's simply a wonderful song, with superb lyrics and guitar harmonics. I think Thank You (for "Thank You", go to the 130th minute- 200); I love the solo, the lyrics and the end, calm but beautiful.

• 101 Replies
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Oops, I've fogotten: Thank You is a song by Led Zeppelin.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

letsss see
love you more by Genuine
Can't help but wait by Trey Songz
Listen to your heart by Roxette

DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

the boy who blocked his own shot by Brand new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGzyBV8dEQ&feature=related

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Slow Cheetah by Red Hot Chili Peppers is a beautiful song. I love songs with these tone changes and rhythm and stuff.

Cats in the Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe is a beautiful song too. What's interesting about this song is that the situation he sings about is quite sad, even though no part of the song really says it is. A bit of a weird explanation, I guess, what I mean is that often when people sing about sad situations they usually sing about how they feel too, but in this song, it's more about how sad the situation is than sympathy for the singer or something. I dunno, can't explain it well, I just heard it on the radio for the first time a few days ago and liked it.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad
pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

My Curse by Killswitch Engage is surprisingly a very beautiful song. That entire album (As Daylight Dies) has songs like it, where there's a lot of screaming, but then it becomes very melodic. In my mind, that is what makes it sound beautiful.
Sacrificed Sons by Dream Theater is another. Specifically at 6:23, it is one of the most incredible-sounding pieces of music that I have ever heard in my entire life.
The last one is Wait for Sleep, also by Dream Theater, it's only piano and vocals, and the lyrics are so deep. It's very soothing, but also kind of depressing at the same time.

lambybug
lambybug
108 posts
Nomad

i think it's dream by pricilla ann cause i cry when i listen 2 it sumtimez. (not cause ima girly girl or cuz i have problems... its just... gud!)

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under the Bridge

I think its a beautiful song, not because of how it sounds, but because of what its about. While it sounds great, the message is about the lead singer's struggle with Heroin Addiction. So I like it.

Coldplay: Fix You

Again, this song has a great meaning. Its more about recovering when life throws you a curve ball. "And the tears come streaming down your face/When you lose something you can't replace." Its really melancholy in the beginning, and the guitar beats at the end just sorta say 'Hey, everythings going to be okay'.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Teardrop by Massive Attack

Seriously, it's a wonderfully perfect song. Not a fan of the 'video', though.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Let you down, by dave matthews band.

It has a very special meaning to me; the first year I started to date my first and only girlfriend, we had to have a distance relationship. I can remember living only for those week-ends when I'd take a 5 hours long bus trip to see her. Once back then, I listened to this song while coming back to my hometown and couldn't help but cry alone in the bus because I missed her to much. She's still the love of my life today, but she dumped me, so listening to this song nowadays always makes me shed a tear or two...

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Mistreated by Deep Purple. Superb guitar riff, certainly one of my favorite.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Fade to Black by Metallica is definitely up there. Truly a great song.

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

Fade to Black by Metallica is definitely up there. Truly a great song

Awwwwww how could I have forgotten Fade to Black? That's one of my favorite songs ever.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

I'd like to point out that the thread's not ''your favorite song''. If so, I'd never have answered that.

Showing 1-15 of 101