ForumsThe TavernThe Red Pill or the Blue Pill?

75 10584
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

This is a very common debate and chances are there has been a thread on this before now. So the question is, which pill would you take? According to wikipedia, the red pill represents the choice of embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality, and the blue pill represents the choice of blissful ignorance of illusion.

Some background, In the movie, the world has been taken over by computers and the computers have put every human in to the Matrix, a virtual prison that people don't realize they are in and that doesn't seem to differ to the world we live in. In the Matrix, Neo (the main character) is told that he is actually imprisoned and has to chose between taking the blue pill and staying in the Matrix, forget he was ever told that he is actually imprisoned in it and to go on with his daily life like nothing has ever happened, or to choose the red pill and he will wake up in the real world having to face the harsh truth of reality.

If i had to chose, i would be the idiot who downed both pills.

Just kidding, I would take the red pill, It's a disturbing feeling knowing that you are choosing to completely ignore what is actually going on because you are to afraid to face it.

• 75 Replies
Cyclonsword
Cyclonsword
3 posts
Nomad

Take the Red Pill and you will taste the real life!!!

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I will go with the red pill.

Yea i would take the red pill for sure.

Can you please give reasons so we can have a discussion.
016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

I'd take the red, because I couldn't bring myself to choose the blue. Why? I want to know everything.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I would take the blue and stay in the Matrix, because I wouldn't want to get killed by giant machines.

ATCaver
ATCaver
69 posts
Peasant

I don't think we can justifiably say which pill we would take, because we already know the consequences of taking both of them. Since we know the consequences, everyone chooses the pill that they think makes them look "cooler", the red. Although I give props to those of you that chose the blue truthfully. Honestly, however, I would take the red pill, simply because there is such monotony to my life that an opportunity like that would be like a miracle from Heaven.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Blue. As cool ad red would be, I'd not be able to do anything about it, unlike Neo or anyone else in the matrix, I'm not super hardcore. I'd be dead, really quick

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

does anyone know what happens if you take both pills?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I do believe knight put it best. I would prefer the torture of knowing that I used to be imprisoned without realizing it that the instantaneous knowledge that I would be forever imprisoned.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I would take the red. I would want to know what was going on even if I did not like it.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I'd take the red pill, I'd rather die than live my life a prisoner within my own mind and not even know it.

I think if took both pills, they would but try to pull your psyche in two completely opposite directions. Quite simply I think the brain would melt.

AwesomeB
AwesomeB
26 posts
Nomad

I would take the green one.

No, seriously, the red one would kill me. I pick blue.

SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

Wait is this just like a soul-searching thread that tries to help you find your inner-self?

I really don't like those threads...

abcd1234nike
abcd1234nike
22 posts
Nomad

red pill. hit me up with whatever is going on right now. i dont want to ignore the important details that could end up messing you up if you ignore them

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Mix them. Take the Purple Pill!

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

I would choose the red pill no doubt about it, I prefer the cold hard truth of oblivion to the rose colored glasses of ignorance.

Showing 46-60 of 75