153 posts
Nomad

Will it happen or not?

• 107 Replies
swagman
swagman
153 posts
Nomad

Discussion on wether the world will end or not is here!!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

The prediction of 2012 originated with the Mayan Calender. The calendar had four main cycles, which ends on 21st December 2012.

The Mayans did not calculate beyond this - it does not mean the world will end. The only way i see the world ending next year is nuclear war, but it won't be some religious event. It'll be down to politics.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

Though I don't believe it's going to happen,there are some arguments for people that do believe.One is that natural disasters have gone way up recently.Another is the weather has been very weird lately.Of course there's the whole Mayan calendar thing,but the freakiest one is this.

9 11 01 Dy of Twin Towers terrorist attack.
3 10 11 Day of Japan earthquake.
-------
12 21 12 Day of the supposed end of the world.

If you add those two numbers or dates together you get the end of the world.Freaky.I still don't think it will happen.

bubblegum7
bubblegum7
13 posts
Nomad

I don't think the world will end because the theory isn't really that "convincing".
The mayan calender ends in 2012 but that doesn't mean the world will.The sun's solarflares are a factor because they effect the core of the earth, if the world does end I hope it won't happen in my lifetime but personaly,I think the world is not going to end.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

The world will not end in 2012, and not in the foreseeable future, unless 99942 Apophis hits us on April 13, 2036, but that's unlikely.
(Apophis is an asteroid)

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well I have herd that like all the galexies r lining up or planets or something and it with effect gravity pull and it will make big storms and earth quakes and stuff but only for a day then everything goes back to normal but humans will be changed forever! I heard this from a cab driver in ny soo yeah not sure how reliable it is lol

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't see why it would.
There is no real concrete evidence that something like this will happen.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Well, I find the 2012 stuff quite ridiculous and unfounded. However, I can't help but notice how the weather has been quite intense in past years, and earthquakes and eruptions are becoming increasingly common... Strange...

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I don't think it will and will end up as a fail like all the other "end of world predictions". But if it does I'll try to remember to play this song.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

^ Exactly.
There have been so many predictions where people have been like "Zomg, the world is ending" and everyone believes it, then the day passes.
Currently, we just use the dates of these predictions to have a party on.
I've attended 5 "End of the world" club nights - great times.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Of course it'll happen, New Year's Day, now whether the world will end or not that's a difference story. I know there's certain planetary bodies moving into alignment with the center of the galaxy or the universe, but I'm not aware on the full effects or causes of that.

Here's my main view:

I survived Y2K, 9/11, Mad Cow, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, 5/23/11, and numerous other world disasters, 2012 here I come.

Vender161
Vender161
9 posts
Peasant

Hopefully we won't get out the nuke and then the lightning...(I do think that the most reasonable reason for the world ending then would be us.)

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

5/23/11

I thought it was 5/21/11 ? I only remember this because he predicted the world would end the day before my birthday. And I'm positive about when I was born.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The Mayans did not calculate beyond this - it does not mean the world will end.

I think they did, that day in december is just a special date.

The mayan calender ends in 2012 but that doesn't mean the world will.

When will you guys understand that the Mayan calendar DOES NOT EVEN END IN 2012!!!! This is a misconception adroitly spread by today's medias to sell their stuff.
...Sorry but that friggin' gets me annoyed more and more each time I have to say it.
Showing 1-15 of 107