Nomad

Will it happen or not?

• 107 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

From Wiki:
Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun.

The b'ak'tun is a time frame of 394.52 solar years (144,000 days). 2012 is round 13 ending and round 14 begining.

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Well of course 2012 will happen. Time still goes on doesn't it? (Sorry if some else said something like that before me I am just to lazy to look)

Now I your talking about the world ending then no I do not believe it will happen, but something could happen with the American government. Which will make or break us. Either that or it will a decade or two before we get fix'd!

Now I think there is supposed to a Solar Flare (spelled right?) someime during the year.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

well, scientist said tht in 2004 the world was gonna end.... now its 2012.... its an eight year cycle.... so when 2020 shows up, scientists will say AGAIN that the world will end, but it will never happen... except when our sun dies and explodes, which will be in about 3.5 trillion years

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

well, scientist said tht in 2004 the world was gonna end.... now its 2012.... its an eight year cycle.... so when 2020 shows up, scientists will say AGAIN that the world will end, but it will never happen... except when our sun dies and explodes, which will be in about 3.5 trillion years

Um... what scientists predicted those dates? I don't know about 2004 but 2012 is definitely not by scientists; scientists, at least serious ones, would never predict such crap. And the sun will die in about 5 billion years, not 3.5 trillion.
lambybug
lambybug
106 posts
Nomad

Will it happen or not?

yes!!!!!!!! so how do you think its gonna happen cuz i think aliens will take over or a big giant meteor shaped like mario will hit earth and explode it!!!!
bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

I really don't think that they Mayan calender correctly predicts the end of the world for several possible reasons:

1. The Mayans basically locked a bunch of people in a room and told them to predict all events in the future. They might have just gotten fed up with their jobs and said that the world would end on X day, so that they could go back to their lives, hoping that day X would be too far into the future for anyone to remember that it was them who predicted it when the world presumably would not end.

2. The Spanish Conquistadors killed them before they got a chance to finish the calender.

3. They might have gone completely insane from being locked in the aforementioned room, and killed themselves before they could finish.

4. They might have gone completely insane from being locked in the aforementioned room, and were so delirious that they really thought the world was going to end.

5. Or maybe they were on drugs.

Either way you slice it, they probably weren't right.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I really don't think that they Mayan calender correctly predicts the end of the world for several possible reasons:

Meh... you know, the main flaw in all of this, is that they didn't even predict the end of the world. I will quote EmperorPalpatine on page five:
From Wiki:
Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun.

The b'ak'tun is a time frame of 394.52 solar years (144,000 days). 2012 is round 13 ending and round 14 begining.
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS

The world will never end until about 5 billion years from now. When the sun turns into another form, extending in size and reaching Earth.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

I agree with JalapenoFez, the world will end with SCIENCE!

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

we will never die, so quit saying we will...(except when its time for ourselves to die)

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Eh... several reasons state that the world will NOT end in 2012. Just to begin: the mayan calendary is in fact ASTEC and it will not end in 2012. It is divided in cycles: 2012 is the end of a cycle. It ended other cycles before and the world didn't end along them. And there's no reason why the world would rip itself apart because a planet alignment. Why would it.

So, I really think the world will not end in 2012 (I hope so, at least ).

TheUz
TheUz
26 posts
Nomad

The world will not end in 2012. There is a solar flare coming at that time (the biggest one yet) and scientists are unsure how it will affect all of the life on this planet, but the vast planet (or world) itself will not end. See you all there

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,930 posts
Peasant

ALL THE SIGNS POINT TO IT!!!!... yeah i'm not seeing it happen, for example, that religious fanatic said that people would get raptured and that didn't happen now did it?

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

that religious fanatic said that people would get raptured and that didn't happen now did it?

since when are religious people ever right?
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I survived a tidal wave (india 2006) an earthquake and tons of hailstorms

Showing 46-60 of 107