153 posts
Nomad

Will it happen or not?

• 107 Replies
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

The world will end, no time soon though.
Millions of year into the future, maybe.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Great movie.

But i don't believe in apocalypseses. There are monthly people saying that the end is near.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Dude dont say i dont give a crap what you say what ever you say is wrong! OK!

I never said I don't give a crap. I said that 2012 is a load of crap because there have been maybe 5 "dates" where the world was supposed to end and it never did. Besides, this 2012 theory has no logical explanation.
TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
78 posts
Nomad

Okay so 2012 is the end of the world because some Mayan got bored of writing a calendar?....

GUMMBAAH
GUMMBAAH
43 posts
Nomad

i dont think that the world is going to end in 2012 its just some brainwashed **** of those mad scientists and if it the world doesnt end in 2012 they will come with all sorts of excuses ...

TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
78 posts
Nomad

i dont think that the world is going to end in 2012 its just some brainwashed **** of those mad scientists and if it the world doesnt end in 2012 they will come with all sorts of excuses ...

I bet the first excuse will be 'Oh we read the numbers wrong, it really said 2102
TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
78 posts
Nomad

@jeol

haha i dont understand why everyone cares about the end of the world...why focus on the bad?

swagman
swagman
153 posts
Nomad

As far as the end of the world goes, it might be tomorrow, it might be a billion years from now. We can't know until it comes. Oh wait, we'll be dead. :b

Yep,That pretty much sums it all up.The world will end when it will ends.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

haha i dont understand why everyone cares about the end of the world...why focus on the bad?

Yeah, people should continue on with life as it is and when the world ends the world ends.
TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
78 posts
Nomad

Yeah, people should continue on with life as it is and when the world ends the world ends.

exactly! i mean these scientists are trying to plan for hundreds of thousands of years ahead, why not just plan for the next hundred years and take it one step at a time?
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Why should we believe a Nation who haven't survived for 2000 years.

And I bet they wanted to write 20120 but they were out of chalk.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

What?! Who said scientists are to blame? The 2012 thing started with a misinterpretation that has been adopted and spread by the media to make profit of it. I see no reason to blame archeologists for that.

I bet the first excuse will be 'Oh we read the numbers wrong, it really said 2102

This usually is the typical excuse coming from self-proclaimed prophets who found imaginary clues in the bible.

exactly! i mean these scientists are trying to plan for hundreds of thousands of years ahead, why not just plan for the next hundred years and take it one step at a time?

What scientists? Who are you speaking of? Seriously now!

Why should we believe a Nation who haven't survived for 2000 years.

I don't know, but you might be interested in knowing the mayans didn't predict the end of the world. Some modern day people did.
(civilization would be better than nation btw)
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Thx was looking for that word. But what do you mean some modern day peeps said it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Thx was looking for that word. But what do you mean some modern day peeps said it.

My view on this is:
The 2012 thing started with a misinterpretation that has been adopted and spread by the media to make profit of it.

It's more of a passive, than an active, modern day prediction. I'm just saying the modern society is making a fuss about something the mayans didn't predict.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

From Wiki:
Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun.

The b'ak'tun is a time frame of 394.52 solar years (144,000 days). 2012 is round 13 ending and round 14 begining.

OOHhhhhh, 13!!! The unlucky number!!! It's all true! Goodbye world!

/sarcasm

Yeah. The Mayans never said that the world would end that day.
And these people who are saying that they've noticed more natural disasters lately, that's because of global warming, whether humans caused it or it's just a natural cycle. (But this isn't the place for that discussion, is it.)
Showing 76-90 of 107