153 posts
Nomad

Will it happen or not?

• 107 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Besides they haven't even seen the worst of it there have been natural events much worse then those now.

darkflame12
darkflame12
33 posts
Nomad

Well, I think that all of you people who just say "No wayz lol thats dumb" are just assuring themselves, but i still dont think that it will end by random earthquakes or meteors or whatever. I think it will by nuclear warfare.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

exactly! i mean these scientists are trying to plan for hundreds of thousands of years ahead, why not just plan for the next hundred years and take it one step at a time?

Personally, I'd just ignore all their work. People thinking of the scientists will still make them think about the end of the world, "Will we have the right equipment to protect us?", "As technology advances, will we be able to stop natural disasters?"...and so on.
calemango
calemango
82 posts
Nomad

the movie was interesting, might I say, but pure science fiction. I've been to Mexico countless (emphasis on that) times and I know all about Mayans and there civilization. They thought that 13 was a Lucky number and that 7 was a unlucky number but we think of it the opposite way. They used thirteen to built their mayan pyramids with 52 steps (13x4=52), and their prediction for 2012. I agree with others that it's just a big superstition and didn't many peeps think the world would end in 1999. So history is just repeating itself. And yes natural disasters occur for multiple reasons so I don't believe it will happen. Yeah were all NOT gonna die.

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

The world will end,but not in 2012. In millions of years the sun will explode, destroying Earth. So you don't have to worry about the end of the world because by the time it happens you'll be dead.

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

The only way the world will end in 2012 is if they release some movie called Battleship

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I think if nothing happens then we'll look back at the games, topics and the ruckus and laugh. If not then I'm glad I spent my last days on the greatest gaming site. Mainly because we have administrators that can take control. Do I think the end is near? Not really. In a way I believe it but I don't. I do because in a way the Mayans were very intelligent (or so I pieced together from what I heard in geography class when I was sleeping) but I don't believe it because how will it happen? The sun isn't near it's end of the life cycle nor the universe.

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

Like Id probably send emails saying "Happy 2012" I dont belive that junk

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

Oh and my BIRTHDAY is December 21st. It would be the worst b-day present ever!!

Sorry for double posting u can take away my armor points i got for this

swagman
swagman
153 posts
Nomad

Oh and my BIRTHDAY is December 21st.

Ok,that sucks.
I think if nothing happens then we'll look back at the games, topics and the ruckus and laugh. If not then I'm glad I spent my last days on the greatest gaming site. Mainly because we have administrators that can take control.

Ok,I TOTALLY agree with you PlasmaMan.
gocto
gocto
48 posts
Nomad

Dont trust in this. Just enjoy your live!

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

I think that those &quotrofessors" that means that the world have an end in 2012, is some noobs,
The world will end in 2012, thats not realistic!
The earth has existed in 4,5 billion year!
Why not 4 billion years more?

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

About the mayan calandar thing, when it ends, it will restart. Like every other calander in the universe. A calender marks the days in a year or rotation of a planet or planet. using the mayan calender to mark the end of the world is stupid.

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

The Mayans believed that the world would go through cycles. 2012 was just the end of another cycle. They believed that the world would keep going just in another phase.

Now I wouldn't be worried about 2012 I would be worried about 2050. That is when the worlds food intake will match its output. This means that we will all have just enough food to survive but nothing more. After that the population will exceed that of the amount of food we can produce. If we don't come up with a solution then well... Say good bye to a lot of people.

Showing 91-104 of 107