ForumsThe TavernMost Awkward Moment Ever

53 6828
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I was bored so I made this. What is the most awkward moment or situation you've ever been in? For me it's talking to a friend then his girlfriend breaking up with him with him while I was still there.

• 53 Replies
GamerLynx
GamerLynx
32 posts
Nomad

-Go to movie theater and order ticket. The person tells you, "Enjoy the movie!" and out of habit you respond, "Thanks, you too."

-Rarely use the phone except to ask family what they need from the store, etc. Get a call from your sibling's friend, asking where your sibling is. Out of habit, end the call with, "'Kay, love you too."

-Adding to the parents and raunchy scene problem. My mom has a hard time accepting that the animated medium isn't only for kids anymore. The only recorder was in the living room, and if my mom was in the living room when I used it, she wouldn't move. So my mom got to watch, all animated, ******s getting assaulted in an alley, a ****** try to pick up on a kid looking for his mom, a man getting tortured for information using only nail clippers, a man smack his girlfriend for getting into his drug supply, a jealous ex-fiance waking up next to the man she's just had a one-night stand with, and many people being shot. All serious, not comedy like Simpsons. It felt too uncomfortable watching this kind of stuff with someone who thought it was a Saturday-morning cartoon.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't post my most awkward moment on here, not good for this website. But I find that presenting projects=awkward eveytime because I'm normally very quiet.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

-Go to movie theater and order ticket. The person tells you, "Enjoy the movie!" and out of habit you respond, "Thanks, you too."

I was going to say that!

I did the same thing to one of my friends's parents after a soccer game. They said, "Hey, you had a good game today!" and I said, "You too!" xD

Awkward... Hmm... When someone you don't know well but you know you could become a friend of because he or she is one of your friends's friends stares at you (or seems to be whenever you glance at him or her). Did anyone get that?
KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

One awkward moment I had when I contacted my online buddy I met in a game that was fairly far away VIA Skype, I knew his real name but he didn't knew mines - but at the time we both referred to our user names.

Then my friends parent came in, it started to go downhill from there. His parent asked who he was talking to, since KXI isn't a legitimate answer I called out "Its Liang!" (my name isn't Liang BTW).

After some confusion his parent left, and it took a while to convince him my name wasn't Liang.

Sarquann
Sarquann
98 posts
Peasant

Buying something with your girlfriend at a drugstore for *ahem* and then the cashier said "have fun!"

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

Sex education at school. The entire fiasco is one hopelessly awkward pile of terrifyingly... I can't even think of a word to describe... it's awkward.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Sex education at school. The entire fiasco is one hopelessly awkward pile of terrifyingly... I can't even think of a word to describe... it's awkward.

Especially when the teacher asks "How many of you think you're small?" And one kid raises his hand...poor kid. He's now been subjected to a life of scrutiny from everyone that was in that class at the time.
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

But, one of the most awkward moments that happens a lot is when you watch a movie with your parents and there's a real raunchy scene. I hate that :|

Definitely this!

When you're walking down a narrow hallway, and you meet someone head on. So you step to your right, and they step to there left.
So then you move left, and they go right.
Then you both back off, wait, then try to go.
Then you both awkwardly laugh...

Weirdly happens to me all the time...

Right before possibly having sex. Saying no, the guy says, "Why not? You got your monthly visitor?" To me that would be so weird and awkward.
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I have lots of weird moments like:
once i was late to first period in school and so was some teacher and we did that whole awkward walking thing...

Also some random person walking came up to me and blessed me and asked for money.

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
111 posts
Nomad

I probably have the most embarassing moment, probably.
We were in gym one day and the coachs decided that we were going to play baseball. Now me not being the athletic type I usually hide in the back of the line and wait for three strikes, but on that unlucky day they never came.
When I was younger I was somehow always sick on the random baseball days, so I didn't really know how to play baseball.
So there was a ball coming at me. I was playing second base. The ball rolled tword me I picked it up, but sadly had no idea what to do with it. One of the coachs had to explain to me how to play baseball.
Then finaly my third of the class was up to bat. I hid as usual. I started getting nervous, there was only one out and I was next. Not playing baseball means I didn't know how
to hold the bat.
I went up to bat and was trying to figure out how to hold the bat. I heard poorly conceled laughter. Then coach came up and asked if I knew how to hold the bat. "NO..." was my answer. So he came up behind me and put his arms around me showing me how to hold the bat, and how to swing it. I was absolutley mortified!
To make matters worse the boy I had a crush on was standing right there, all of his friends were laughing. Nice thing was he didn't even think it was funny, or if he did he never said anything.
And to top it all off I was more "developed" than other girls. I still hate baseball. The sad thing is I don't really remember how to hold the bat. Now all know.

novacek96
novacek96
11 posts
Nomad

when your at your friends house and your friend is getting yelled at by their parents... so you just sit down and pet the dog.

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
111 posts
Nomad

Above:
That is really akward. It happened to me at my best friends house once.

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

oh ya my friends mum was like blowing her top off after this movie and they didnt even have a dog i was so like freaked and they didnt even have a dog! =c

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

When you're in a store, and one of those pesky clerks asks if they can help you.

If I wanted help, I would have asked for it already.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I went to a hanukkah party once. I was the only non-jew there. I felt a little out of place.

although for some reason they had a christmas tree.

Showing 16-30 of 53