Information on Ticonderoga Pencils:

On Bic mechanical pencils:
[url=http://www.bicworld.com/en/products/details/284/pencil-bic-matic]

• 54 Replies
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Is this really a battle?? MECHANICAL!! They are a lot more dependable than regular pencils, Mechanical pencils don't need sharpening, just two clicks and you're good to go. Pencils don't last. and before you know it, you're back at the store having to buy another $3 pack. Mechanical pencils? First off, you get like 2-3 leads IN THE PENCIL plus a little case of like 211515126456522 more leads. I have never used a full case. I've either lost it or thrown it away cause school is over. and if by some UNGODLY chance that you do run out of lead, you can get 54154315154151222525 more pieces for like... 75 cents. Mechanicals WIN

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Is this really a battle??

This is really more of a discussion than a battle.

First off, you get like 2-3 leads IN THE PENCIL plus a little case of like 211515126456522 more leads. I have never used a full case. I've either lost it or thrown it away cause school is over. and if by some UNGODLY chance that you do run out of lead, you can get 54154315154151222525 more pieces for like... 75 cents. Mechanicals WIN

That is hyperbolic, and it is not why I prefer mechanical pencils to regular ones. I do agree with this though:

They are a lot more dependable than regular pencils, Mechanical pencils don't need sharpening, just two clicks and you're good to go. Pencils don't last. and before you know it, you're back at the store having to buy another $3 pack.

There are also mechanical pencils that can be "sharpened" by twisting the cone-like part of the pencil. If you get that kind of mechanical pencil, make sure to twist it the right way. That's what I use in school mostly.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Being an exclusive pencil artist, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to it.

Mechanical pencils work great for simple, undetailed art like BD for example, or it can be used for sketches since the traits you get with them are always a little large - you can't sharpen a mechanical pen, so even though it could be said that the lead is always not so big, it is also at the same time not as small as could be the one of regular pencil.

Now, regular pencils...When it comes down to it, they always are the best option for artists. They require much more cautious handling but boy is the result worth it. The fact you can sharpen to just about your heart's content allows the traits to be just as slender and delicate as can be, which goes with what realistic art asks of an artist to do, i.e. hatching for the experienced.

My personnal favorite are Reeves pencil, though I do enjoy Mars lumograph ( costs about 6 to 7 bucks per crayon though ).

For an everyday use, I can't care less about which I take; both work fine to take notes or write something down.

Showing 46-48 of 54