ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Apocalypse And You

53 7607
rahelswolf
rahelswolf
17 posts
Nomad

Theories on how to survive? What would you do? Best survival technique?

Discuss here the aesthetics of becoming a zombie, and how to live through the zombie apocalypse. Be ready, the clock is ticking.

• 53 Replies
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I would go out and fight like this guy.

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

wwud not work u would just kill yourself lol

0ShimZ0
0ShimZ0
116 posts
Nomad

The first thing to do is to find a secure location i.e.:
-Jail
-skyscarper
-millitairy base
(all of the above have few entries thus making it quick to barricade the structure)
make sure your encampment is close to all kinds of stores, but not in the city center, or even close to it.
weapons must be improvised, long ranged are better, but keep a baseball bat near yourself.
!!!!!!find an apc (armored personnel carrier) and you may not need to barricade yourself!!!!!!!

Sherman282
Sherman282
1 posts
Nomad

oshimzo obviously read max brooks zombie survival guide good book, i would cache weapons food socks ammo and pepsi.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Well first, I'd stock up on weapons, ammo, and food, making sure to have enough for extra people. Then, I'd go and look for a nice secure place that can easily be defended. Then, depending on whether they come during the day or night, I'd search for survivors when the zombies aren't out.

If one survivor gets bitten, I shoot them. If I get bitten, I'd either shoot myself or ask somebody else to. And eventually, me and the survivors would stock up on enough food and other supplies to last month. After that, we'd travel elsewhere by car. But before that, we'd put some sort of weapon on the front of the car in case we run into problems on the road. If we run into zombies, we open up the windows and if they're on the side, we shoot them.

When we reach our destination, we'd search for more survivors and other supplies. And keep repeating until it's either over, we all die, or we find a safe zone for survivors everywhere.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Okay, so being realistic, I'd probably find a way to destroy my staircase (I live in a two-story house) and reroute the tap upstairs. Then, I'd take all the non-perishable goods and move them upstairs. Y'know, since the zombies couldn't reach me then, unless they're flying zombies.

Then, I'd start a greenhouse in my attic... somehow. I'd live there until the zombies go away or I die.

There's no mention of guns here since I don't have any guns in my house.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

If i had previous warning about a zombie attack, i'd simply attend an "End of the world" party.

No - i'd go along the lines of the previous post, I'd grab what i could and head to the attack and take the ladder up with me hoping to be safe here.

If i had weapons i wouldn't go out and act a hero, i'd make sure all my loved ones were safe and point the gun at the attic door.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Be completely safe, in a safe area with weapons in hand. Find many survivors to group up and stay together. We would only fight if they attack us and we're in danger. We will gather food without being spotted. Like in Rebuild...

Tamally
Tamally
157 posts
Nomad

as soon as the apocolypse hit i would lay low for a while mabey 3 days, wait for the riots to stop then carfully make my way around town scavenging for non perishable foods to save and eat all the perishables i could (fresh fruit and eggs) carry around something with power such as a metal baseball bat firearms attract to much attension... then slowly ake my way noth in the mountains if at all possible, and start farming and survive as long *** possible (zombies cant live in the cold and theres protection in the mountains)

Ignatovsky
Ignatovsky
10 posts
Nomad

Thats not a bad plan. It makes sence that you wouldnt want a gun since they could be something that people would want to steal but wouldnt you want to have it for protection from other people with guns. In a situation like this, other would be trying to steal your food and a man with a baseball bat screams easy pickings

lostmanfound
lostmanfound
124 posts
Nomad

I would first gather enough supples (including axe) for 3 years. Then ill go buy as much ammo as possable. Buy a man-powered generater and place every thing on the second floor. Put big sign on roof saying surivers inside. Break the stairs. And wait it out in 3 year. If I havent been decovered by millatry I would go house to house looking for dry food take only my axe and gun with the remaining ammo intill it was safe.The zombie will have decompossed or very close to it and they will not be able to hold there own weight.

lostmanfound
lostmanfound
124 posts
Nomad

Yes I did read Max Brooks books!

FossilDreamz
FossilDreamz
2 posts
Nomad

Make sure that you can run faster than everyone around you

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Id head to the nearest national guard base and whole up there until supplies run out which would be in about 50 years.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,761 posts
Nomad

Head to my local wall greens, deactivate the slideing doors, and barricade them. Because if a grown man beats with sluggish might at some regular doors, the average american couldnt do it. However, if we are talking about zombies that are stronger then humans IE: can break through doors with ease, then i wouldnt go to wallgreens. But if they are how i think they are, im safe there. It has a pharmacy(mediecene) house hold weapons like knives, food and drinks, and luxeries such as beauty supplys, games, ECT.

Showing 1-15 of 53