ForumsThe TavernThe Zombie Apocalypse And You

53 7608
rahelswolf
rahelswolf
17 posts
Nomad

Theories on how to survive? What would you do? Best survival technique?

Discuss here the aesthetics of becoming a zombie, and how to live through the zombie apocalypse. Be ready, the clock is ticking.

• 53 Replies
GoldEmerald23
GoldEmerald23
294 posts
Nomad

Ny family is made up of all hunters and some are military people most are retired(the ones who retired are not all old)

So we just grab some shotguns and the 25-06 I got for my birthday and just use those trust me we live near an ammo shop and we have a lot of ammo sitting right next to the the guns in a locked box

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I would board up the windows in my bedroom and sit in front of the door with my dad's shotgun and the mountain of ammo he has and i would grow crops since i live on a farm.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I would probably end up dead. But I would also stay in a small group of people. Being alone would drive me crazy.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

The most important things (realistically) would be water, shelter, and food. I live by a creek and a few decent sized ponds, so I could just build a water purifier (yes, I printed a picture out ), and clean that out for water. As far as food, I'm not too prepared (no big game lives in my area), but I do have some raspberry bushes in my backyard and I have a house. In the first few weeks of the infection, the primary goal would be to gather supplies and stock up while avoiding potential infection. After people start changing, anarchists and people who start relying on primal instinct to survive will start looting houses and ganging up to do whatever they needed to live. Also, domestic animals and house pets whose owners die will need to rely on hunting for food. During this time, I would make my house look like it was already looted by throwing clothes and various items on the lawn so thugs wouldn't raid it. Strangely, zombies really wouldn't be the biggest concern. They would probably all die off within a few weeks, so mostly rebuilding and living without power or technology.

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I have a question. How do we know all the attributes of zombies? They've been portrayed from barely mobile, to super-human like in Left for Dead.

And how do we know they're right? I mean...when's the last time we went zombie hunting and one? I think it's to theoretical. Its hard to make a good plan when theres so many possibilities for the zombies.

Like...what if they can climb? I'd definitely head somewhere with strong concrete/steel walls, people, and food. Being alone would drive me insane. I'd make a face on a wall and talk to it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Theories on how to survive? What would you do? Best survival technique?

This all depends on what type of zombie outbreak is being dealt with. For instance a zombie apocalypse where only humans get infected would be handled differently than one where other animals are infected as well.
Different abilities of the zombies in question also have to be taken into consideration. Can we stop them by just shooting them in the head or are they the type that needs to be burned to nothing. Are they fast or slow moving zombies? How do they handle large bodies of water? Things of that sort.
destruction101
destruction101
113 posts
Nomad

Uh hello zombies? How could zombies take over the world? And if they have the power to take over the world what chance do you think that you stand? Really people get reasonable.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

My brother has like 10 swords. I'm sticking with him. there's a gun shop about 10 minutes down the road from me, and I'm near downtown so plenty of buildings to hide in and make a barricade. I think I'll do alright

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Did you know there's this fungus that turns bugs into zombie bugs? Its true, it gets infected and turns on the other bugs.
Here's the link

ninjaboy5432
ninjaboy5432
19 posts
Nomad

try to find other survivors.if you are a guy, try to find a girl to repopulate the earth. if you are a girl, vise versa

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

If you really don't have faith in humanity to defeat zombies, or vice versa, just read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. Your entire view on zombies will change.

But thats what Max thinks about zombies. Who knows what zombies will ACTUALLY look like or behave like.
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I would round up survivors, find a safe location, attempt to find some sort of APC in order to make runs for food etc., and kill zombies. If they get in my way, then I kill them.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

But there really are so many different possiblities. like what senses do they rely on? I would hope it was only something like hearing. Then I could survive at least for a few weeks.

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Zombies will never happen, its not going to be stereotyped. Even a 7 year old can deal with a zombie.

Showing 16-30 of 53