ForumsForum GamesArmatar War Ideas

63 9652
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

OK I realize that John owns all of the AW threads,but I'm sure that he would approve of this.John does a hell of a lot of work on the AWs.So I was wondering if anybody had any new and original ideas for an AW.All suggestions will be accepted.Though some(most) will not make the cut,it would be really helpful.
Thanks,Super

• 63 Replies
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

There are angriness and rule-breaking, but I think I know what we can do to stop it.

I'll probably update the rules, soon.

Actually,couldn't some volunteers go through the AW threads and flag whatever shouldn't be on there (spam,name-calling,cursing,etc.)???

In some clan-friendly version you put your clans name or a short version of it in the end of your post.

Like this.
I attack JohnGarell with fire bullets
SD(Sphrydroosa)

@supermape123 I'm honored for you work and enthusiasm for this, also your respect against me.

Thanks and I'll keep it up.Don't let AW die!

You're AWsome!

Thanks and kudos to your clever wordplay!
Armatar War AMW version
You either make a picture, a story or something else who is in the AMW-forum to battle with.

That sounds good.Kinda like picture wars intertwined with AW,right?

The Ultimate Armatar War
The last version with everything in it, you just chose what you want to do.

Ooh that sounds like a cool way to shut down AW,but that is a long road ahead.
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

I'm not talking about admins and mods but just regular people and then they could flag it

supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

Not the thread but just one post.Do you see that red flag to the right of your post?That is how you flag a comment.It then goes to an employee of AG,and then they check it out,and do what they want to it(ban the user,delete the comment,etc.)It doesn't report the whole thread ,just that certain comment.If I am wrong about any of that feel free to tell me.

supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry I'm not following you.I never said anything about the mods and admins getting frustrated.I mean John could just get some help to clean out the AW threads

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Actually,couldn't some volunteers go through the AW threads and flag whatever shouldn't be on there

Considering it seems to be an issue with people and not just some posts at random (if it was just that, it would not be an issue at all), I wouldn't think flagging them would solve anything.
Asking a mod (probably me, since the others will beat me up if they get any of these reports), or at least making it fair for everyone.
It seems you either have to be well liked or creative as heck to get to do proper damage.
If not, you get told you can't do this or that, because someone else says so. A problem I have seen is a user being told his armatar is a scholar without the abilities to do something or whatever, another user having a shield and they can't do anything, and yet another (sorry), who is apparently an ice lord, and can do whatever he likes.

I don't play these games, so I don't know how they are run, but it seems somewhat obstructive to the fun to get told you can't do this and that, just because you can't.
Especially when others can.

I can imagine it is frustrating to play with god-mod'ers, but that's how some people act, and I can imagine it would be easier to line it up better what can and cannot be done, before anyone starts playing.
Or become more lenient, and ask them to be realistic.
You know, "it's not about winning, it's about having fun" or something.

Anyway. I am not telling you to stop making them. I am saying they annoy me, and they keep annoying me, because it seems the number of them are rising quickly, and I don't want the trouble when people start complaining about them, or the users playing them.
Just like the number of "fave whatever"-threads are kept as low as possible so small variations on the same theme doesn't flood the section they are in, so I could imagine this would have to be in the future, if you keep making them.
Keeping the number more or less constant makes sure many people can enjoy the various aspects without getting tire of it, and it makes it more manageable for everyone.

You asked for ideas, I'm just giving my personal opinion, hoping to inspire an idea, so I won't have to come with my professional opinion.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Armatar War AMW version
You either make a picture, a story or something else who is in the AMW-forum to battle with.

As someone who frequents the AMW, I don't like it. I don't think anybody really wants to see the AMW get mucked up with a Forum Game. Its already mucked up with all the 'Check out my poem!', 'Check out my other poem!', 'Check out my poem that I just had to make a third thread for!'. -_-"
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Not a fan...limited rooms aren't a bad idea, but making up and using magic attacks is too much fun to forfeit.

I didn't want someone to rule the battle with magic and so. That version is just for the best warriors and beasts.

We don't go on Armatar Wars to think. We go on to just attack each other with made-up techniques. I wouldn't be particularly interested in a "boss" style war.

But is some version I think you need to think.

Actually,couldn't some volunteers go through the AW threads and flag whatever shouldn't be on there (spam,name-calling,cursing,etc.)???

It's you and SSTG, OK?

A problem I have seen is a user being told his armatar is a scholar without the abilities to do something or whatever, another user having a shield and they can't do anything, and yet another (sorry), who is apparently an ice lord, and can do whatever he likes.

If you think it's unfair, you can compare the AP the Armatars need.

who is apparently an ice lord, and can do whatever he likes.

No. That's false. I can't actually even handle simple normal magic.

Thank you, Cenere. I hope they stop annoy you soon. Go back and roast Strop now.

As someone who frequents the AMW, I don't like it. I don't think anybody really wants to see the AMW get mucked up with a Forum Game. Its already mucked up with all the 'Check out my poem!', 'Check out my other poem!', 'Check out my poem that I just had to make a third thread for!'. -_-"

What? Like it's to much stuff in the AMW-forum?

-_-

I can't take that when your Armatar is smiling.

We shall update the rules now. Any suggestions?
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

It's you and SSTG, OK?

Yep,sounds good to me.

(quote)We don't go on Armatar Wars to think. We go on to just attack each other with made-up techniques. I wouldn't be particularly interested in a "boss" style war.(/quote)

But is some version I think you need to think.

I personally like the idea.Maybe the bosses can be a tribute to AG games.Its like this.

First Boss:Pack of Wulves
Game of Origin:Kingdom Rush
Stats:
Attack:3
Defense:2
Speed:5
Agility:5
Resistances:Ranged attacks and fire-based moves
Weaknesses:Magic and melee attacks
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

Sorry my quotes messed up for some reason on

(quote)We don't go on Armatar Wars to think. We go on to just attack each other with made-up techniques. I wouldn't be particularly interested in a "boss" style war.(/quote)

By the way,how do you double quote
Eragonsdragon
Eragonsdragon
56 posts
Nomad

Well since this is a "war" then why can't people go into the Enemy's camp? its kinda anoying cus pleople attack then run to the camp DX.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

By the way,how do you double quote

To double quote, do this but without the spaces:

[ quote ][ quote ]double quoted post[ /quote ][ /quote ]

This is the result you should get:

[quote]double quoted post
[/quote]
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

Oh thanks thats really helpful

[quote]like this
[/quote]
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

First Boss:Pack of Wulves
Game of Origin:Kingdom Rush
Stats:
Attack:3
Defense:2
Speed:5
Agility:5
Resistances:Ranged attacks and fire-based moves
Weaknesses:Magic and melee attacks

I don't want the bosses to have stats like that.

What about this,

Giant Turtle from Mario Combat.

HP, 5000.

Resistance, Fire 50 %, Melee 50 %, Ranged 50 %.

Weakness, Water 10 %, Ice 30 %, Pierce 50 %.

Wooly from Elephant Quest.

HP, 3000.

Resistance, none.

Weakness, none.

Punch everyone who touch him, makes the unable to attack for 3 pages.
supermape123
supermape123
430 posts
Nomad

Hmm.Why not?I agree with the stuff you added but I like the others.It makes every boss special in its own ways.Certain enemies have bad stats,but the compensate with good ones.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Hmm.Why not?I agree with the stuff you added but I like the others.It makes every boss special in its own ways.Certain enemies have bad stats,but the compensate with good ones.

But I think we shall ask the authors then. We maybe could also have combined Armatars as bosses.
Showing 16-30 of 63