ForumsThe Tavern[bumping] What Rank Separates Regulars From Elites?

85 12511
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I just became gold knight today and it made me wonder what is that special rank that we look up to? Yes I realize that it doesn't matter what rank you are but what matters is how you help the site and others but isn't there a rank that just seems like it stands out? For example a squire isn't that impressive but a duke is. What I'm mainly asking is what is the rank that separates the average armor gamer from the committed? As for me I see it as a duke.

• 85 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

You have to be memorable. What separates you from the rank and file? There is something distinct about you that you can easily identify amongst everyone else,

Am I, by any chance, memorable at all? The only thing I have found myself to be exceptional at would be my knowledge of Physics, but this trait is shared by both Mage and Supa. I help out any user that I see needs the help, but that is what any good person would do. I am part of the longest thread in AG history, but so are three other users. I am in the Top 150, but so are 149 others. What makes somebody truly memorable? Each person possesses many traits which set them apart from the throngs of others in the world, but which ones are remarkable enough to be considered memorable?
Koshionos
Koshionos
881 posts
Jester

I mean some of us who have played here since games of gondor are still unnoticed *raises hand*. spending time on frequented forums and befriending everyone and making a positive(or ridiculous) name for yourself might just get you some popularity.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I mean some of us who have played here since games of gondor are still unnoticed *raises hand*.

Wow. I can't even recall to that time. Bravo!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I think Gold Knight and up seems to be the point of "Serious User," because most of the occasional commenters/forumers are squire or serf, with some hitting wood knight over time. It also depends on how long their account has been active: I, for example, got to Knight in about 2 months; Some take a year or 2.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

It took me only like 2 weeks, well I had already played on this site for like 2 years before I made an account so I already played most of the games so when I joined I went on a comment/game rating spree.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I think it's wood lord. People seem to think that lord is when u become epic.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Ranks are for n00bs. You have to have a unique armatar. Armatars is all that matters. And women. And fine malt liquor, but thats debatable.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

I achieved Gold Knight in a couple months, so I think it's a little low... I'm going to have to say Wood Lord. How original. :P

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Am I, by any chance, memorable at all? The only thing I have found myself to be exceptional at would be my knowledge of Physics, but this trait is shared by both Mage and Supa. I help out any user that I see needs the help, but that is what any good person would do. I am part of the longest thread in AG history, but so are three other users. I am in the Top 150, but so are 149 others. What makes somebody truly memorable? Each person possesses many traits which set them apart from the throngs of others in the world, but which ones are remarkable enough to be considered memorable?

Honestly, you aren't very memorable to me. Then again, I've been here for far too long.

People are not only remembered for what they do, but what they don't do. Also, moments tend to be more memorable.

I think it's wood lord. People seem to think that lord is when u become epic.

That is an understatement.

Ranks are for n00bs. You have to have a unique armatar. Armatars is all that matters. And women. And fine malt liquor, but thats debatable.

The women aren't!
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I'm now worried that I'll fall into obscurity and be remembered only by a few as that crazy limey dude that complained about stuff a lot and had no libido. I must work on my image more!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Don't worry, I'll remember you as some Pommie I remembered from the WEPR.

I'm concerned I'll be remembered for the sake of being here.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

The women aren't!

As the Beastie Boys put it:

Like a lemon to a lime, a lime to a lemon.
I sip the def ale with all the fine women.
Got limos, arenas, and TV shows,
Autographed pictures, and classy... Garden implements.

Well Avorne, whenever I see you, that 'Why So British?' thing on your profile always pops into my head.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I achieved Gold Knight in a couple months, so I think it's a little low... I'm going to have to say Wood Lord.

I achieved Gold Prince in about 2 months, and I was nowhere near elite at that point. Then I reached Gold King in just 1 more active month (not counting the few months I didn't come online). It didn't put me any closer to eliteness. It just made more people hate me.

The point here is, rank only corresponds to eliteness if you achieve it the right way. Being an active and contributive member of the site is the way to earn the eliteness badge, not points or rank.

I'm concerned I'll be remembered for the sake of being here.

That, and for having a 10k+ post count. I don't even know what I'll be remembered for.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

http://soulsnatcher.operation420.net/YamiBakura.jpg

Why so British?

Hehe, anyway, I guess the whole Yu-gi-oh Abridged fan and British person niches are free to be conquered by me - I shall just make them my own until I'm recognized as elite. If such measures should be against any sort of rules then:
My affluence makes a nonsense of the regulations.

I do agree though that 'Elite' status isn't decided (purely) by rank.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Join date is important to me. If you have over 1,000 posts and a knight rating and have been on the site awhile, I'd consider respectable, but not necessarily elite. I find it more impressive than someone who joins and spams up in rank quickly though.

I would call getting one thousand posts "Getting your comma." Like a passage into dedicated user. Although maybe it should be a decimal considering the amount of different countries using the site.

Showing 31-45 of 85