ForumsThe Tavern[bumping] What Rank Separates Regulars From Elites?

85 12508
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I just became gold knight today and it made me wonder what is that special rank that we look up to? Yes I realize that it doesn't matter what rank you are but what matters is how you help the site and others but isn't there a rank that just seems like it stands out? For example a squire isn't that impressive but a duke is. What I'm mainly asking is what is the rank that separates the average armor gamer from the committed? As for me I see it as a duke.

• 85 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm going with lord. It just seems a bit better.

I believe it's lord as well, because it's the first time gender is incorporated into the ranks. Before lord, everyone gets the same badge regardless of gender.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

@Ernie15

I had not thought of it like that! Very clever but I wonder why exactly there isn't a gender differentiate in every rank?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Probably to keep them gender-neutral, and to make it more special when one reaches the gender-specified ranks.

I suppose it's also a way of saying that serf, squire, and knight aren't "important" enough to differentiate between genders.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

So a Lord/Lady is the lowest elite rank due to specialization? That makes sense.

Also, I am now a Wood Prince. I am undeniably Elite by all those that quantify Elitehood via ranks.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Well it's only a matter of time before i'm a lord. I've got about 550 points to go. Soon! By the way did you know this is my most successful topic. In second place was that forum game I made.

latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

i think that knight is were you prove yourself (not just because i am one) Notice:

Wood Serf: 10 AP
Silver Serf: 25 AP
Gold Serf: 100 AP
Wood Squire: 225 AP
Silver Squire: 400 AP
Gold Squire: 625 AP
Wood Knight: 1200 AP
Silver Knight: 1750 AP
Gold Knight: 2250 AP

Wood Lord/Lady: 3000 AP
Silver Lord/Lady: 3500 AP
Gold Lord/Lady: 4000 AP
Wood Duke/Duchess: 4500 AP
Silver Duke/Duchess: 5200 AP
Gold Duke/Duchess: 6000 AP
Wood Prince/Princess: 7250 AP
Silver Prince/Princess: 8500 AP
Gold Prince/Princess: 10000 AP
Wood King/Queen: 12000 AP
Silver King/Queen: 14500 AP
Gold King/Queen: 17500 AP

the knight has the biggest gap in terms of whats before, what i mean is that knight has almost two times more points than squire gold.

notice also that many users are at gold squire because they moved quickly up, but got stuck in the knight.

latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

and also the knight is the only one thats two times more than the one before

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Honestly, I don't care about ranks because one person can be a duke with only...like 10 posts. So, I usually, count it by posts, let's see...

Gold squire: 300 posts
Gold Knight: 900 posts
Gold lord: 1,300 posts
Gold duke: 1,600 posts
Gold prince: 2,000 posts
Gold king: 3,000+ posts

That should be around the regular range. 5000+ posts and still being around and active, is elite to me. Yeah, that's my way. Unless, even though you have less than 3,000 posts, you have good quality posts. That would be elite to me as well.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Honestly, I don't care about ranks because one person can be a duke with only...like 10 posts. So, I usually, count it by posts

You've missed the point of Armor Games completely. Armor Games revolves around games, not talking with others. When AGv3 comes out it will be revolved around games much more because many feared it would turn into Facebook when they saw the beta version. A good ranked person should have a nice balance of game ratings, comments, and forum posts.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You've missed the point of Armor Games completely. Armor Games revolves around games, not talking with others.

But would others consider you part of the elite for having rated a thousand games and chatted with others on their profile up to a high rank, while most of your posts have been deleted as spam, and those five you have left are there because you accidentally wrote a longer post because you cared just a little about the topic?
If any regular here, or any part of the elite needs to look up to you or see you as part of the elite, you need to be known to them, which mainly goes through the forum interaction, eh?

Either way, yeah. Forum interaction. Ranks and that doesn't interest me, because I won't remember someone who isn't around. Unless you are spamming in the forum comments, of course, but that can hardly be a good way of getting remembered.
I don't know whether that is something that makes people elites, actually, that is a rather doubtful thought, but that is what makes the community.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

having rated a thousand games and chatted with others on their profile up to a high rank, while most of your posts have been deleted as spam, and those five you have left are there because you accidentally wrote a longer post because you cared just a little about the topic?

If someone spams that much then they will undoubtedly get a temporary ban.

If any regular here, or any part of the elite needs to look up to you or see you as part of the elite, you need to be known to them, which mainly goes through the forum interaction, eh?

Ok, you got me there.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I look up to Lord. I like that rank, I don't know why

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I've seen some users on here that make few mosts, but long and well argued points.
They may not have a huge post count or a high rank, but they're still Elite in terms of intelligence which to me is one of the necessities of being an elite on here.

You've missed the point of Armor Games completely. Armor Games revolves around games, not talking with others

Many people have "ghost accounts" as in no AP but may play games on here 24/7. How do we know they're not the new elite (if you want to solely base it on game play), waiting to be born on AG3.
Drunkun
Drunkun
59 posts
Nomad

I think the people who are committed to talk and dilly dally in AG will eventually become a higher rank. I just got Bronze Serf today (I'm a noob.),and I do as much posting as all the other people in the forums.

To sum my things up, I'm saying that the people who registered a long time ago usually will be a high rank. But the do as much posting as a bronze Serf.(Me.)

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Elite is a matter of opinion.

When I had one post people with 300 posts were elite.

Now I say 2-3k posts seems about right (for 2-3 sentemce posts)

Someone with 500 decent posts (that reallly have a lot of thought into them) would be called an elite though.

Overall no rank or post count does anything to make you elite and activity over a long period really makes a difference.

Showing 61-75 of 85