ForumsThe TavernBigfoot, Sasquatch and others

71 8431
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Are there any of you on this forum who have seen a Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti, or any other such creature (or, for that matter, any other Cryptid?). Personally, I haven't yet, but the subject interests me and I would like to here any stories you have.

Please, no bull, no lies, and let's not allow this to degenerate into an argument about wether they're real or not or if they're related to man in any way. This is just for sightings.

• 71 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

If we live all over the continent of north America and we don't have prof of one, I'm pretty sure it's not real, if not then there r like 5. And the yeti is more possible cauz it's on everest

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I don't get why they don't exist. After all, they have characteristics similar to humans and apes. For all we know, they could be the missing link :P

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

If we live all over the continent of north America and we don't have prof of one, I'm pretty sure it's not real, if not then there r like 5. And the yeti is more possible cauz it's on everest

Actually, Bigfoot-type creatures are a global phenomenon. There have been sightings in Russia, China, New Guinea, India, and parts of the South Pacific towards the area of Malaysia. They figure into numerous tribal legends from various regions of Earth. During the 17-1800's, a British plantation owner in India was able to examine and document two creatures fitting the Sasquatch profile. His name escapes me at the moment, but I'll try to look it up and post it here sometime soon.
coyotesfft
coyotesfft
36 posts
Peasant

I live in Naples, FL and a reality TV film crew was here a few weeks ago looking for the "Skunk Ape" which is the Everglades version of Sasquatch. No surprise that they didn't find squat!!!!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

No surprise that they didn't find squat!!!!

Yeah it's kind of ironic that the people who are true believers who search for the cryptids end up almost disproving their existance by finding nothing.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Skunk ape? Come on really? That's pretty lame. And the yeti does not exist its been proven by Jeff corwin!

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Skunk ape?

those were actually proven to be escaped chimpanzees
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Hahahaha that's really funny

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I live in Naples, FL and a reality TV film crew was here a few weeks ago looking for the "Skunk Ape" which is the Everglades version of Sasquatch. No surprise that they didn't find squat!!!!

Here's your Florida Skunk Ape.
http://www.lorencoleman.com/images/SkunkApe-OrangComparison2.jpg
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Actually, Bigfoot-type creatures are a global phenomenon. There have been sightings in Russia, China, New Guinea, India, and parts of the South Pacific towards the area of Malaysia.

Exactly, although I cannot profess to be a believer in no way do I find their existence to be out of the realm of possibility.

Anyway here's a link to BFRO's home page. The most common theory put forth is that all sasquatch like creatures are decedents of a creature called Gigantopithecus. Honestly I believe a creature that was semi-intelligent would be able to avoid humans if its numbers remained small. Still Mega-flora and Mega-fauna died out tens of thousands of years ago due to hunting and generally being hard to support in North America.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

During the 17-1800's, a British plantation owner in India was able to examine and document two creatures fitting the Sasquatch profile. His name escapes me at the moment, but I'll try to look it up and post it here sometime soon.

Alright, I can't find his name for the life of me, but I can tell you where I heard about it: History Channel's "MonsterQuest" tv series, season 3, episode name "Curse of The Monkey Man." If you can find a place where you can watch the whole episode, I think it's somewhere in the second half.

a reality TV film crew was here a few weeks ago looking for the "Skunk Ape" which is the Everglades version of Sasquatch. No surprise that they didn't find squat!!!!

Yeah, interesting paradox about that. I frequently watch documentaries and tv series about the expeditions that go looking for Bigfoot and other cryptids. Almost all of the time, without fail, the "big name" syndicated groups like those that the History Channel sends make a big deal about the tech they're using and finds nothing except some old archival stuff, whereas private outfits like BFRO find so much real-world evidence that it barely fits in their time slot. I seriously have to wonder if the big-name crews are told not to find anything so as not to rupture the mainstream of preconceived notions.

Here's your Florida Skunk Ape.
(pics)

Yes, I've seen these photos before. Consensus is that this is a more common animal that got out, but seeing that at night would sure make me jump.

The most common theory put forth is that all sasquatch like creatures are decedents of a creature called Gigantopithecus.

There is actual fossil evidence of Gigantopithicus. It was discovered in China, near several cave systems. Unfortunately, there isn't much there, because as with all other types of remains dinosaur and otherwise the ancient Chinese had a habit of grinding up bones they found into potions. Either way, it is something.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I seriously have to wonder if the big-name crews are told not to find anything so as not to rupture the mainstream of preconceived notions.

Or rather that the private crews just need a max of publicity/marketing, or maybe a good laugh^^

The only possibility I find to explain Bigfoots and such, is indeed via the Gigantopithecus, although the species counts as extinct and their closest living relatives are supposedly orang utans..
And I would rather explain all the sightings with the human affinity towards humanoid forms, and imagination; a bear standing on it's feet, seen from far, might look like a big hairy human. ^^
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

And I would rather explain all the sightings with the human affinity towards humanoid forms, and imagination

Don't let preference cloud reality.

a bear standing on it's feet, seen from far, might look like a big hairy human.

Humanoids don't have long snouts like a bear, and bears don't walk upright across roads; they only stand to intimidate or see over something. Except for maybe a few short stumbling steps, they can't walk upright.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well when a bear gets up on two feet and u see it from a distance, u don't see a snout. But um here's something that freaked me out. There's this show on animal planet called lost tapes and one was a park ranger in seatle who was trying to stop black bear hunting. And she found fur and stuff and scientists said it was from a prim ape. Then there r horrific calls that echo every were. The ranger(girl) has to stay at night in a one person cabin. She does video diaries and u here thumping out side. Then the next day she just keeps looking for hunters and some how the Bigfoot likes here or something( primates can become very attached to people and will protecte them) then at night a hunter comes with a shotgun and attacks the girl, she runs inside and comes out when the noise stops, and finds the hunter hanging from his own trap all bloody and dead. Then there is that call again. I think like 95 % of this was actual film, but they remade the rest.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Don't let preference cloud reality.

What reality? We have no proof for several cryptoids. What I said is my explanation for many sightings.

And concerning the bear thing, pickpocket said it, from a distance you wouldn't see many difference. It all depends on the situation, I know that when you're a few meters away from an upright bear you see the difference. Duh..^^
Showing 16-30 of 71