ForumsThe TavernHow to get to sleep.

86 8660
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Ok, so I have to get up at six tomorrow, because it is he first day of school, but I cannot get to sleep! If anyone has some good quick tips they can throw my way I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

• 86 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Hehe, Come on it's just Ibprophen and i only took 4. XD

Well how many milligrams was it? Your not supposed to take more than 400-800mg at once depending on your problem, and your not supposed to take more than 3200 per day. Considering they generally come in 200-400mg per pill, and the purpose of them was to make you fall asleep, you overdosed by taking even one. Ibuprofen doesn't even help you fall asleep, that's just a possible side effect, so I'm not sure how you can't see the stupidity of taking a pill for a side effect.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I still think my way works, but I think it's cauz people told me it helps u sleep, so I think it does, so I do sleep

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Well how many milligrams was it? Your not supposed to take more than 400-800mg at once depending on your problem, and your not supposed to take more than 3200 per day. Considering they generally come in 200-400mg per pill, and the purpose of them was to make you fall asleep, you overdosed by taking even one. Ibuprofen doesn't even help you fall asleep, that's just a possible side effect, so I'm not sure how you can't see the stupidity of taking a pill for a side effect.

That's not the only reason I took them bud. My head was throbbing so terribly, that is one of the reasons I couldn't get so sleep. I really am not that stupid. Taking some motrin for a headache will not cause you to overdose.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

That's not the only reason I took them bud. My head was throbbing so terribly, that is one of the reasons I couldn't get so sleep. I really am not that stupid. Taking some motrin for a headache will not cause you to overdose.

Well you didn't say that, you basically said that you took the plain ibuprofen medication to help you fall asleep. If you had a headache, then it makes sense now.
needLife
needLife
22 posts
Nomad

i know its strange but i imagine that i collect sheeps and i fall after 1-2 minutes collecting

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

i know its strange but i imagine that i collect sheeps and i fall after 1-2 minutes collecting

Erm...okay.

I usually have a lot of trouble getting to sleep, i've tried a few different ways and these work sometimes.

1) Try keeping only 1 thing in your mind, whatever you want, as a picture.

2) Try not thinking -at all- (This is very hard to do...) and every time you catch yourself thinking about something stop.

3) Don't toss and turn, even if you're uncomfortable, it keeps you awake.

4) Do 100 situps or something else akin to that, if nothing else at least you did something.

These don't always work for me, but they do work sometimes, so...hope that helps.
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

drink warm milk and slowly drink it

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

There is a trick to fall asleep faster, laying with your eyes closed, visualize this...

Every word that comes to your mind, think of yourself writing it on a blackboard (so you are thinking of words and visualizing yourelf writing them)

I usually have no problems with falling asleep
but this method has helped me a couple of times

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Havent read a post that fresh air helps you get to sleep better so set your window a little bit open

eddyalex
eddyalex
307 posts
Nomad

Try lying on your tummy and closing your eyes for 30 min if it doesn't work go and drink some milk and try again, if that doesn't work then i don't know what to do been as it always works for me lol

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

Lay in your bed and listen to this
If that song doesn't make you sleepy then...either something is wrong with me or your insane.
Also as someone else said try doing sit-ups, that sometimes works for me.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

Listen to Fireflies by Owl City. Works [i]every [/i]time.
You could also listen to Coldplay.

TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

Deep breathing helps sleeping significantly. Just lye down. And breath deeply. Your head will go swimming and you'll pass out asleep. I do this alot

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Listen to Fireflies by Owl City. Works every time.
You could also listen to Coldplay.
I just puked a little.
Lay in your bed and listen to this
If that song doesn't make you sleepy then...either something is wrong with me or your insane.
Also as someone else said try doing sit-ups, that sometimes works for me.

I'm sure that would be great if you liked that stuff, but I don't. Listening to music never seems to help me get to sleep, no matter what music.

Thanks for all the suggestions every one. I am going to book mark this page so I can try every one's methods. Thanks!
TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

What usually also helps me. But this is my own personal skill.
I usually play or flourish with my deck of cards. I simply play with something that is not computer based or electronic. Usually I get drowsier when I do that.

Showing 16-30 of 86