ForumsThe TavernEarthquake in ... DC?

60 9204
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

A earth quake just happened near washington dc. It was felt all over the east coats. Any thoughts on why an earthquake happened here?

• 60 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

You know you should probably provide links for important events.

Interesting, I'm not particularly worried about it, but I know the Doomsayers will be having a field day once htis is over with.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

It actually happened in Virginia, I didn't see this thread so I posted another one in the "World Events, Politics, Religion Etc." thread. Oh well.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Guys, the quake happened from Chicago to Maine, all the way down to West Virginia. I didn't feel it, but it was pretty weird, since most people did feel it and earthquakes don't even happen here.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Guys, the quake happened from Chicago to Maine, all the way down to West Virginia. I didn't feel it, but it was pretty weird, since most people did feel it and earthquakes don't even happen here.

What I meant was that the epicenter was in Virginia, but the tremble could be felt on the entire east coast. I'm in North Carolina and I felt it.
Maks8
Maks8
114 posts
Nomad

Maybe Ghadahfi dropped a bomb nearby that made the ground shake.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Haha
Some of my friends felt it in north Carolina. They heard a drain pipe burst in the pentagon :0
If it was a bomb, the guys have bad aim

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Unless there plan was to flood all the toilets in dc lol

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

This discussion belongs here

I did feel the tremors in New York. So cool!

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Actually it belongs here, the thread you posted (which I made) was created after this one. I didn't see this thread when I created that one. And again, the earthquake was felt on the entire east coast! But the epicenter was in Virginia. Thank god it wasn't a bad earthquake.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, imagine if it was bigger. It could wipe out dc and other cities and maybe even make a tsunammi if it was strong enough. That could take out most of the biggest cities in europe! And all the after shocks must be killer!

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I am actually watching a news report of it right now in brazil. This made International news. Probably only because it happened in a rare place and to America. And like always, the americans were panicking thinking it was some sort of terrorist attack.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I am actually watching a news report of it right now in brazil. This made International news. Probably only because it happened in a rare place and to America. And like always, the americans were panicking thinking it was some sort of terrorist attack.

People were panicing because they arn't used to earthquakes on the east coast as much as west coast. I didn't feel anything though.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Not all that unusual. There was an earthquake off the coast of Louisiana a few years back and that is much rarer than in DC.

Maybe Ghadahfi dropped a bomb nearby that made the ground shake.

You fail so ****ing hard right now, if I facepalmed, it would kill me.......
pablo4270
pablo4270
1,930 posts
Peasant

I live in PA and I felt it. The ground shook for a few seconds. It was something incredibly new.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

hey a earthquake... good now we know our planet is still active.

was there any reason for panic? or are the japanese laughing their *** off now on the footage from america? =P

Showing 1-15 of 60