ForumsThe TavernApparently I'm Racist

43 5970
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

so i got in a HUGE argument today because apparently this black girl took extreme offense when i used the term "night rider"

for those who dont know "Night Rider"- a white girl who only dates black guys.

i dont know how its possible that this was derogatory or negative and in any way, as she put it, a "black Joke". but if someone would care to share that would be great.

people need to stop being so god **** PC all the time

• 43 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I've met people who with any kind of reference to blacks I made they would be calling me racist and wanting to beat me up. So it's just that girl's feeling and I agree that it's a little extream.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

That's the most random case I've heard of somebody being called racist for saying something about black people. I thought that sensitivity to words like black, dark, night rider, and so on died in middle school.

But one time in 8th grade my friend asked me if he should get black or blue shoes and I said black and this one kid said I was being racist and saying that I knew he could whoop me (those were his exact words). So what I'm getting at is that you're not alone.

But maybe the people that are sensitive to those terms also might be narcissistic? That's probably a stretch but if they hear the one word that might be referencing to them and if they're sensitive about it, they might be a little more quick to jump on it and get in your face and yell at you.

bryceop
bryceop
103 posts
Nomad

i think that you are not racist but today there are a lot of people that are sensitive at the word and they should get over it if the word white was racist they would still say it.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

if the word white was racist they would still say it.

YOU ARE SO RACIST!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY "WHITE!"

Yeah, I think she overloaded a bit...
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Some people are just too sensitive and some people have "ethnic pride" and are overly quick to assume racism and seem to seek the racists out to yell at them. I dont know many like that and its probably a good thing because i say some thing to my friends that would be seen as racist, all in fun. BTW, im friends with all races, and jokes we make are laughed at. She was probably having a bad day.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Apparently You Exist

If you disagree with Obama, you're racist. That is all.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

HaHa! i liek teh new armaturz!
I'll probably go back to my original one soon though...
Anyways, I agree that some black people can get upset over basically nothing. It's annoying, but I just ignore people that do that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stereotyping here...I'm just stating fact lol. Okay, (that was a joke if you couldn't tell) I'm not racist, I have some black friends and they're really nice people.
The "Night Rider" thing you said however, may have been seen as something completely different from what you thought. In a book I read in Middle School, Called Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry, "night rider" referred to a group of white people who would mutilate black people (essentially the KKK)

On a less morbid note, I have a funny story. In English class last year, we read another book called A Raisin in The Sun or something like that. After we finished the book (well, actually a play), we had to get into groups and re-enact it in front of the class. So this one group is reading it in a hallway when a black kid walks up the stairs, and just then comes a part something along the lines of [i]"...you n****rs gotta know your place..."
And you can imagine where it went from there.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I'd honestly never even heard of that term before >.>

The thing i don't understand is n-bombs.
I'm totally against n-bombs and the only time it comes out of my mouth is if i'm rapping along to a rhyme.
Now, it's super offensive is a white person uses it,
But not offensive at all if a black person uses it?

ninjajr
ninjajr
56 posts
Nomad

I don't think it's racist. She is just being sensitive so you might want to watch what you say in front of her. If anything you want to say could be considered racist than just avoid the situation.

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

the night rider thing is gross as heck and nasty

I seriously thought it was a comic book hero you were talking about.

She probably just got disgusted by it, white girls or not a person who says that is calling girls ****s I guess or men ****s?

its unnecessary to sexually pervert things ewz

anywho you just made this to try to feel better, with people saying "oh your not racist"

but who knows how much you doctored the truth...BUHBUHBUH

I'm being mean

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

But not offensive at all if a black person uses it?

Yeah, comeon, we invented the word, and now it's politically incorrect to use it what's up with that? XD
What I would do? Ignore the comment and pretend it never happened. Plain and simple. "Night Rider" is no more racist than the term "jungle fever".
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Everybody just needs to get over it. People are offended way to easily. Today people are told that you can not say things that might hurt other people feeling because it is wrong. I do not condone racism but, this is overboard. People are way to worried about being PC, people have gone soft and, can't take anything!

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

Just to note the term PC was started by Nazis as a political reason to kill Jews/Christians/ w.e etc.

It was politically incorrect to go against what a king said regardless of whether it was true or not either..>> off with her head!

I say screw pc altogether

and just be accurate with how you speak, description wise

dark skinned, pale skinned, naturally tanned skin (born with skin that looks like how a tan would on a paler person), cocoa skin, mauve skin?

Because it's not just about color, Asians aren't "white"(native American calling settlers 'white-man', even though their skin is sometimes pale, but they are sometimes white if you go by painting tone/hues and somesuch

or is 'naturally tanned skin' 'racist' to some..oOlol

rockband101
rockband101
121 posts
Nomad

I agree with Freakenstein, just forget about it. Who knows, maybe the words Night Rider is related to a childhood problem, (like being bulied or something,) and she replied quikly without thinking. (It could have been the anger that was speaking not her mind.)

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

HaHa! i liek teh new armaturz!

I miss people typing like that. I personally think it's hilarious unless they type like that most of the time.
Showing 1-15 of 43