ForumsThe TavernVampires real?

40 5591
miniscrub
miniscrub
6 posts
Farmer

There was a story about a teenager that entered a woman's house and bit her on the neck. He was taken to court and charged with breaking and entering and assault. The boy claimed to be a 500 year old vampire. Now I'm not sure if this is just a made up story from the boy or on the 1% chance that he is telling the truth. I would like to hear some other peoples opinions on this topic.

• 40 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

The boy claimed to be a 500 year old vampire.

Obviously either a very poor sense of humor or a mental illness.

1% chance

You mean no % chance right? If he really were a vampire, why isn't the woman one now too? Why doesn't he burn in the sun? Why does he have a heart beat? Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

The boy claimed to be a 500 year old vampire. Now I'm not sure if this is just a made up story from the boy or on the 1% chance that he is telling the truth.

The kid's a nut job who practices demonic rituals and probably o.d.'ed on movies/video games with that theme. End of story. The only real vampires are vampire bats and Chupacabras.
sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Uhm Kasic you don't even know if those things are true you only heard it in movies ( try thinking before you post )

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Uhm Kasic you don't even know if those things are true you only heard it in movies

Isn't the reason why they don't die the fact that they don't live? And if so, they shouldn't have a heartbeat, even if they do happen to exist, which I doubt they do.

Anyways:

There was a story about a teenager

The boy claimed to be a 500 year old vampire.

Self-contradictory, is it not? He's either 500, or a teenager, and I'm sure his parents know which one's true, as well as anyone who's seen him grow up. There's probably a birth certificate somewhere to prove his age as well. That, and you know, if vampires were real, I'm sure they'd try to hide what they were.

The question isn't if he's a vampire, it is if he's just a weirdo or if he's actually got some kind of mental disorder.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I'm sure there's people with mental disorders who genuinely think they're vampires. Maybe there's no mental disorder at all though. People have different beliefs - such as reincarnation.
I've read a few cases of people biting others and pulling the vampire card. Maybe it's a defense the lawyer gives.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,761 posts
Nomad

I blame twillight. But seriusly, just give him the assualt charges and what not, and throw him in the loony bin. Possibly a theropist or two. Just dont let him near anyone without a hannible mask.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I blame twillight. But seriusly, just give him the assualt charges and what not, and throw him in the loony bin. Possibly a theropist or two. Just dont let him near anyone without a hannible mask.

Don't blame Twilight. By blaming Twilight, you're enforcing the idea that Twilight is actually about vampires.

I'm going to leave this thread open. I might move it to the tavern later today depending on which direction the conversation goes.
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

i agree, there is no chance in hell he is a vampire, if he was then why did he let them take him nto custody, if i were i'd just use my powers to gtfo, anywho throw him in some asylum and get on with our live while he's getting his happy shots

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Don't blame Twilight. By blaming Twilight, you're enforcing the idea that Twilight is actually about vampires.

You get a cookie for that, lol

Stories of vampires have probably several reasons; bats, leeches, mental disorders like the sanguinary violence of the guy that Dracula is based on, various diseases whose symptoms correlate with what a vampire is generally thought to be (light sensitivity to the point of getting intense pain and ulcers on the skin, pale skin, and others (same thing with werewolf myths by the way)).
I find it kinda ridiculous that in our society some people still think there's a possibility for such horror stories to be truth. But eh, people also believe in fairies............
uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

There was a story about a teenager that entered a woman's house and bit her on the neck. He was taken to court and charged with breaking and entering and assault. The boy claimed to be a 500 year old vampire. Now I'm not sure if this is just a made up story from the boy or on the 1% chance that he is telling the truth. I would like to hear some other peoples opinions on this topic.

Source please. Or did you just make this up?
miniscrub
miniscrub
6 posts
Farmer

Ok i guess that there is a zero % chance but what kind of drug or mental illness would convince a boy to run into a house and bite someone on the neck?

uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

Ok i guess that there is a zero % chance but what kind of drug or mental illness would convince a boy to run into a house and bite someone on the neck?

Crystal Meth, PCP, LSD, MDMA mixed with something else. You name it.

Mental illness could be an Axis I delusional disorder or schizophrenia, or schizoid disorder.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

mental disorders like the sanguinary violence of the guy that Dracula is based on

He just really liked to have power from everyone fearing him, I did a report on him and it had a story about a gold cup he left out in the middle of the town unguarded and always untouched because everyone feared him so greatly.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I'm sorry... I guess I'm a little slow. Does him being a vampire absolve him from the crime he committed? A cannibal in our society isn't allowed to kill and eat a random person... A "vampire" of any sort isn't allowed to feast on the blood of a random person either... now if some sicko person consents to that then by all means whatever.. I don't care... I'd say take the guy out in the sun to see if he sparkles... but that's not really a tale tell sign anymore since we have guys that wear glitter nowadays(and tighter jeans than any female would ever dare to squeeze into)...aka.. Fairies ... so, Hahiha... fairies do exist ;3

That last part was a joke. People with mental illnesses exist. True to the myths vampires do not.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i say hes mental you did say hes a teennager or it could have been drugs or hes demon possesed probably from demonic rituals like commanderpalladin said

Showing 1-15 of 40