ForumsProgramming ForumHave a look at my (unfinished) game!

109 45295
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

http://www.swfme.com/view/1269722

It's been about 2 weeks in development.

Anyway, right now it gets pretty repetitive and boring. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it more interesting?

• 109 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Or it could be that you placed the worng integer whre there should be the score count and that integer dosen't do anything so it shows up as 853.

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

you should really think of a name for this

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

ignore devsaupa and HydromiTad don't post it until you know its ready
I agree with SquirellMaster dont put it on AG yet, and maybe put some instructions in. At first I thought I was the gun thing that was shooting, but I figured it out eventually
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Right! So I've been trying to figure out how to condense an instructions sheet into a few words. I know that a lot of people (myself included) will simply not read the instructions if they are more than a paragraph long. Here's the text for the instructions so far. I plan on having them pop up when the player first plays the game:

You are [picture of yellow square]
Avoid [picture of blue rectangles]
Collect [pictures of powerups]

It's short, but do you guys think that it brings the message across? Or do I need to include some more words?

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

No it sounds quite nice, also I think it will be quite a surprise to people when the "Avoid" is comming out of the cannon.

Awesomesauce806
Awesomesauce806
212 posts
Nomad

The game is okay, but it'd be better if you could have permanent upgrades, or something that would allow you to be SOMEWHAT safe. For example, difficulty levels, a shield, sword, or something to defend your self with. My high score was 3600 seconds. See if you can beat it!

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

you have any updates..Or new versions... your game is great and would be a hit on armorgames...

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

hay also my score is always 853 ALLWAYS i survive for like 5 minutes 853 die with in 1 min 852... what is up with that?

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Yay! All my assignments are done!

I should be able to get a lot more work done on it now. I haven't been able to work on it for the past few weeks, so I still have a half-done instructions page that I'll be finishing.

Update should be in a week or so.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

it was really hard all that dodging i barley lasted 30 seconds. but it was really good and i loved playing it and would play it again

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

dangit i got the 853 glitch too

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I decided to try an obvious glitch (moving your mouse off the screen fast (this is fairly easy to fix)) to test what happens if you actually got to 853. So after about 10 minutes or so, i finally got there, and it kept counting past that number.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/master565/Picture1-1.png?t=1320900993

And for reference, flash was taking up 85% of my CPU at the end of this.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the data. I guess I might have to create a blitting system to handle the large amounts of bullets on the screen.

I thought I'll clear some stuff up involving the 853 glitch. I have a textbox which is called scoreBox in the game over screen. What should happen is that the text of scoreBox is overwritten with the score. In some cases, it isn't writing the score to the text box, and thus the text box just displays the original number, which is just some random number that I typed in to see how the box would display the score. That number is 853.

I'm assuming that if I change the text box to ??? than it will display that instead of 853. I'll try that, upload the version, and see what happens.

SceneTheKid
SceneTheKid
22 posts
Nomad

Dude, not that bad. Took me a sec to figure out, but i got it now. Could use some "abilities" so to say, like where everything goes into slow motion (except for you) if you collect a certain powerup, or invicibility, or something.

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

@SceneTheKid

you should read more of the forum before you post 'cause Explosionshurt already updated it like twice and is now working on an upgrade shop.

Showing 76-90 of 109