ForumsThe TavernMc Donalds is unhealthy, Who agrees?

101 16280
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I hate McDonalds, theres so much calories and its what causes Obeseness or whatever.

• 101 Replies
brandroid
brandroid
122 posts
Nomad

Oh it is definatly not healthy very bad for everone.

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Yea but I think it's the best tasting heart-attack I've ever had

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

I think all the people that hate McDonald's should read these "No-Bologna Facts" from the documentary called Fat Head.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I don't get how this is actualy a topic, bacause the real question is who dosen't agree?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I think all the people that hate McDonald's should read these "No-Bologna Facts" from the documentary called Fat Head.

I was just reading about Fat Head on Wiki here. Also the criticisms of Supersize Me here. The problem with it was that he overate (5000 calories per day, over twice the recommended amount for someone with an active lifestyle) and didn't exercise at all. I doubt many people actually eat at McD's for every meal. If they do, it's an addiction. Taking an overdose of anything will cause problems (ex: Eating too many carrots can turn your skin orange). Other people have tried eating at McD's in normal amounts (2000-2500 calories per day) and exercised regularly and actually lost weight. I'm not saying it's good for you, but it's no different than if he'd ate nothing but an overdose of apples for a month.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

but it's no different than if he'd ate nothing but an overdose of apples for a month.

The only problem with that statement is that McD's dosen't have enough of a nutritional value to sustain you for a long period of time, but eating apples could (or at last it is a better choice for vitamins).
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

The point of fast food isn't to sustain you. It's to get food in you when you are in a hurry. But now people are using it as an actual source of a meal out of habit and not doing any activity to counter-act it. When McD's first started, it was made to match the pace of the fast moving American people. Now, people do nothing while still eating unhealthy food. And why are we biasing against McDonald's? In my opinion, Taco Bell and Del Taco are SO much more greasier and unhealthier than McDonald's is. And their food tastes like crap. Jack in the Box is just a bit better than McD's. And, a bit off topic, is Arby's still in buisness? Three stores in my area leased off their buildings and i haven't seen them anywhere.

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

Even better than the No-Bologna Facts, people should watch the actual documentary itself. It brings up a lot of good points and it's actually pretty funny. I found it on Netflix, but I also found some clips from it here.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Of course it's unhealthy. But this is the Fast Food age, where healthy and tasty no longer mix. Why eat disgusting veggies and good meat when one can eat some super cheap, yummy food that sends them faster down the "this way to get fat and die young" track.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well duh it is.....so? I know the consequences but it ain't going to stop me.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oh yay for thee. Get fat, die early and be otherwise worthless. That's a good future, don't ya think?

jordanx120
jordanx120
43 posts
Nomad

Yeah it's very unhealthy but soooooo goood lol

endlessrampage73
endlessrampage73
2,539 posts
Nomad

Oh yay for thee. Get fat, die early and be otherwise worthless. That's a good future, don't ya think?

People that eat at McDonalds are only going to get fat and die early if they eat it for 3+ meals a day for a long part of their life if they get no exercise. If somebody is fat but exercises a lot, they will most likely have a longer life span than thin people who don't exercise.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

But uh to continue from my last post, mcdonalds is one of the WORST fast food places. If u want the healthiest it's probably chik-fil-a or arby's. Both r rather small but still have great food. Mcdonalds doesn't. All they have is fat, sodium, disgusting parts of chicken that is used in the nuggets and a crazy clown....
But they do try to help St Jude hospital...

pruimenmoes
pruimenmoes
35 posts
Nomad

me!
there is been an experiment and if you eat mc'donalds food a week you are three hundred pounds heavier

Yack!

Showing 31-45 of 101