ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159430
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Saving created a thread about the most reputable user on AG

TTICA was originally 'Who is most active user?"
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

My mistake, I knew it had something to do with users, reputation was in the Forum Games, no? That's been locked too if I'm not wrong.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Lookee here!
Doesn't everyone wish they had posted in this thread?! Lucky knight_34...

Was the Original Armatar popular when it was selectable? (wasn't it?)

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Yes it was, if you check the archives of TTICA.

Nah, we jacked it, Saving created a thread about the most reputable user on AG, and then a few of us got bored, and with Strop's help, in roughly 12-20 hours, we had "This Thread is Currently About: Explosive Releases" and things just snowballed from there.

Oh, so the thread was created by him, but the topic idea was changed

So, Saving, Strop, Kyouzou and others can be credited as the masterminds of TTICA, the Epic-Historic thread of AG?

We had seasonal armatars until mid-late 2010 I believe, up until then there were four contests a year, and the winners would have their creations displayed. I have no idea how many were created, although if you look around some of the older user profiles, you'll find they have one, Moegreche and Parsat are the only two I can think off of the top of my head.

I see. There aren't a lot of profiles with them. One of them can be seen in Gunthex's profile and in those you had mentioned above, but I think that's all.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Not that I recall, the seasonals usually looked cooler, and were available almost right away, so people used to switch to it right away, I had that White Lily for close to a year.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

{ninja'd before}

Not to mention that there are some still around, unless I'm thinking of something else.

*cough* I have one (but that doesn't matter)*cough*

All the Seasonal Armatars were listed in this thread.

Wow. There were a lot of them!

Lookee here!
Doesn't everyone wish they had posted in this thread?! Lucky knight_34...

What in heaven is that?! Arcade community section?

Was the Original Armatar popular when it was selectable? (wasn't it?)

The Original Armatar? What Original Armatar? The Starry shield?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I see. There aren't a lot of profiles with them. One of them can be seen in Gunthex's profile and in those you had mentioned above, but I think that's all.

Actually, CrimsonBlade, Dudeguy, Kasic, Samy, DDX, Walker, Lolynage, and Sourwhatup, still have the seasonals equipped, those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure you'd find more if you look. Oh and pH's binary account has an old halloween one.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

The Original Armatar? What Original Armatar? The Starry shield?

*Hem* yes... Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What in heaven is that?! Arcade community section?

Yup. Crazy, isn't it. Look! The first capture of the AG forums... but still no arcade section!

*cough* I have one (but that doesn't matter)*cough*

Have one what?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

*Hem* yes... Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh, I thought you meant the one that looked like the old AG logo, the starry shield is well liked but only those people who had the sword and shield could use it, although there might have been a short time in which it was available for selection.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Actually, CrimsonBlade, Dudeguy, Kasic, Samy, DDX, Walker, Loloynage, and Sourwhatup, still have the seasonals equipped, those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure you'd find more if you look.

Oh, yeah... had forgotten about them. Buy they use them, indeed.

Also, who can be credited as an Seasonal Armatar creator?

Oh and pH's binary account has an old halloween one.

What?

Have one what?

{Actually 2} Clans.

Oh, I thought you meant the one that looked like the old AG logo, the starry shield is well liked but only those people who had the sword and shield could use it, although there might have been a short time in which it was available for selection.

WHAT? There was another Armatar that is gone by now besides the custom ones?! Whoa! What other secrets are hidden in AG's Darkest files?!
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Also, who can be credited as an Seasonal Armatar creator?

Here: Spring Contest

Zophia also created all the dinosaur armatars.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Were they highly used

People switched to them once they came out, but they ussualy dropped them after awhile. I had a Wolf for a long time, before I switched.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

What the heck? Why were the posts by Kyouzou and knight_34 deleted?

What other secrets are hidden in AG's Darkest files?!

Frank's old profile had bunch of them...

The forum searcher/results!

AG2 beta thread about mods!!

Plus the already posted first thread ever.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Speaking of nostalgia, I think the Tavern itself is experiencing some nostalgia of its own. It seems to be "reliving" everything from yesterday, as though nothing posted in the past 24 hours ever appeared.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Speaking of nostalgia, I think the Tavern itself is experiencing some nostalgia of its own. It seems to be "reliving" everything from yesterday, as though nothing posted in the past 24 hours ever appeared.

Yeah...

BTW, that "we need mods" thread is also special in a different way! It's the 1337th thread!!!
Showing 241-255 of 1018