ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159431
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Seasonal armatar swag. (So queer)

Wait, is there a armatar contest going on now? I don't think so...

And they should have a "throwback" weekend or something where they bring back all the old armatars. I'll probably cry.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Not since summer 2010, if I recall correctly.

I'll probably cry.

I probably will too, because it will remind me that none of my submissions got accepted because I'm a terrible artist.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I entered one, for teh lulz.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Here: Spring Contest

Whoah, how cool! A lot of great creations, one after another. Oh God, I would really love to use them as my armatar.

Zophia also created all the dinosaur armatars.

:O That's awesome! Also, the dinosaur armatars are available in an armatar set, right?

Frank's old profile had bunch of them...

The forum searcher/results!

AG2 beta thread about mods!!

Plus the already posted first thread ever.

*looks at the links* Wow, how trippy. ALL the topics created at that moment were there! I didn't even knew that there was a Community search thingy.

BTW, that "we need mods" thread is also special in a different way! It's the 1337th thread!!!

0MG! 1337 C313BR4T10N!

Sadly *sobs*, no.

And they should have a "throwback" weekend or something where they bring back all the old armatars. I'll probably cry.

Me, and the rest of the New Generation would be pleased by such thing. A hard thing would be pick the better one to use!

Also @Dudeguy, you sure would have reasons to cry.

Speaking of Nostalgia, does anyone know what happened to James? I know Cormyn resigned and all, but what happened to James? Did I miss something here?

caffeine101? I could swear it was listed as an Admin when I joined... how odd.

Also, Cormyn has resigned for good: His comments are in old-fashioned black font.

What games were the highlights back in time?

I'm pretty sure that Raze wasn't released at the time...
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

What games were the highlights back in time?

Sonny, it even had it's own section in the forums. That's how special it was.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

That's because they did, do you not remember how awesome those games were?

That was also about the time fire tail shot up by about 10,000 posts wasn't it?

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Wait... is that even possible? Is it like "banning" a thread, you can unban it at will? Thaboss thought once something was gone, it was gone...

AG keeps a database of everything that's been removed from the site, it's a standard thing for websites to do.

Also, Cormyn has resigned for good: His comments are in old-fashioned black font.

No he hasn't necessarily, he's just not an admin anymore. He said when he resigned as a full time employee that it was up to Dan to decide wether or not he'll keep his adminship.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

His posts just don't make sense in standard black. I can't take them seriously if they aren't in green.

That was also about the time fire tail shot up by about 10,000 posts wasn't it?

"Make Your Own Weapon or Equipment" was an awesome thread. It pretty much died when it was moved into Forum Games, as we were all post-hungry at the time.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Zophia also created all the dinosaur armatars.

Serious? I thought it was just the 'new artist'.
iCreativity
iCreativity
2 posts
Nomad

It's because there weren't as many trolls before.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

So, Saving, Strop, Kyouzou and others can be credited as the masterminds of TTICA, the Epic-Historic thread of AG?

I was the one responsible for changing the titles until I decided to flag it "This Thread Is Currently About..." Copped a fair bit of flak from some veterans about it, too, as it does contravene the policy of a thread being about one topic and when it goes off-topic, it gets locked. My defence was that the veterans who were posting in it were doing so in good spirits and the topic changes had formed in their own right a continuum. Of course it was still against policy in the most literal sense so then I reserved my right to make that one exception >_>

Legacy Armatars

I have never once changed my armatar myself. It started off as the blank white square with a faint AG shield there, as I couldn't find one that was "me", and when the unicorn armatars came up I wanted one (but didn't have 5000AP). Then when I did reach 5000AP, I couldn't be bothered to change lol. I didn't change my armatar from the legacy to this orange one I have now, either. The legacy armatar was just removed and I'm still waiting for either it to come back or a suitable replacement to appear.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You must be the new guy.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Yeah, he was an admin... Was. Now he's not even mentioned on the 'Staff' page...

How odd... what happened?

Via the wayback machine and strolling the dead, lost threads of AG, it sounded like Sinjid and Sonny ruled the world.

Sonny is an excellent game so it being on the top of the world is not recent news!

Sonny, it even had it's own section in the forums. That's how special it was.

Really? Whoah, never had heard about this before.

No he hasn't necessarily, he's just not an admin anymore. He said when he resigned as a full time employee that it was up to Dan to decide whether or not he'll keep his adminship.

Well, if I recall correctly, Cormyn himself stated somewhere (in his About, I think) that asked to have his adminship removed.

How odd. Sure thing: he resigned. But he also vanished from the site!

His posts just don't make sense in standard black. I can't take them seriously if they aren't in green.

That's truth. It's not the same thing. I can't take them seriously, either.

"Make Your Own Weapon or Equipment" was an awesome thread. It pretty much died when it was moved into Forum Games, as we were all post-hungry at the time.

So the post count really matters, eh?

Oh, welcome! You sure got that one right.

Copped a fair bit of flak from some veterans about it, too, as it does contravene the policy of a thread being about one topic and when it goes off-topic, it gets locked. My defence was that the veterans who were posting in it were doing so in good spirits and the topic changes had formed in their own right a continuum. Of course it was still against policy in the most literal sense so then I reserved my right to make that one exception >_>

Well, it was an exception that worthed your while. During 700 pages, the continuum was kept going. And that made it the perfect thread before a C-Spam epidemic.

I have never once changed my armatar myself. It started off as the blank white square with a faint AG shield there...

Does anyone know a link to a picture of this armatar? This is the second time I hear about it but have never actually seen it.

as I couldn't find one that was "me", and when the unicorn armatars came up I wanted one (but didn't have 5000AP). Then when I did reach 5000AP, I couldn't be bothered to change lol

Why not? I'm pretty aware that you like ponies! If I recall correctly, there are horse armatars around {besides the unicorn ones}.

I didn't change my armatar from the legacy to this orange one I have now, either. The legacy armatar was just removed and I'm still waiting for either it to come back or a suitable replacement to appear.

What armatar would be the "suitable replacement"?
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know a link to a picture of this armatar? This is the second time I hear about it but have never actually seen it.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5628/profileqq.png

Briefly, the people without an armatar had: http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_4_60.60_c.jpg

Then were assigned a colored shield.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

So, Saving, Strop, Kyouzou and others can be credited as the masterminds of TTICA, the Epic-Historic thread of AG?

Saving was a schmuck who made a generic thread. Strop is who deserve most of the credit. The veterans who jacked the thread (such as Kyouzou and myself) deserve the rest.

Really, I was guilty of manipulating the thread numerous times to bend it according to my will.
Showing 256-270 of 1018