ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159426
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Briefly, the people without an armatar had:

Then were assigned a colored shield.

How weird... it's like a white square with watermark. I like the Starry One.

Also, what about those bugs that have been reported? Squires have been seen using Knight's armatar!

I just can't recall where.

Saving was a schmuck who made a generic thread.

Uh, yeah, ok. But I'm pretty sure that "Schmuck" is a strong word (if it isn't, disregard). Please, don't end up like Zega.

Strop is who deserve most of the credit.

ALL HAIL HORSE DOC STROP! *bows down*

The veterans who jacked the thread (such as Kyouzou and myself) deserve the rest.

And his mighty thread jackers too! *bows down*

Really, I was guilty of manipulating the thread numerous times to bend it according to my will.

Really? So you have the power!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The veterans who jacked the thread (such as Kyouzou and myself) deserve the rest.

Let's not forget the guy who gave the thread the heimlich maneuver. Your words, not mine.

I guess you could also say it was my fault that it got locked.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Also, what about those bugs that have been reported? Squires have been seen using Knight's armatar!

I haven't seen an instance of that specific problem, but frozenknife is an instance of a similar problem. He has the hydra armatar even though he is only a Wood Squire.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I haven't seen an instance of that specific problem, but frozenknife is an instance of a similar problem. He has the hydra armatar even though he is only a Wood Squire.

The knight and hydra armatars at 5500 AP were user-created, if I recall correctly, and were originally at 0 AP or some very low amount. They were moved to 5500 in early '09, I believe.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Those armatars used to be available for a lower AP requirement long ago.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Really? Whoah, never had heard about this before.

It pretty much died around early and mid 2010. Due to inactivity. But before that FT and I kinda ruled over the flash games and sonny forum.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

The lower armatar glitch may be for those who gained hundreds of posts from TTICA, and when it was locked their access to armatars was withdrawn but the one they had selected wasn't reset? Shot in the dark here.

I never really noticed when the Sonny Forum faded away, but then again the only time I've ever looked at those is when I was stuck on two of the Raze 2 achievements.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The lower armatar glitch may be for those who gained hundreds of posts from TTICA, and when it was locked their access to armatars was withdrawn but the one they had selected wasn't reset?

It's a good theory, but they would all have to have posted thousands of times in a thread with fewer than 10000 total posts to lose that many points to have gone from 5500+ AP to under 1000 AP.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Do we know the TTICA is the only locked thread that vanished? Other could've also disappeared which could account for it, there could also have been a mass removal of spam as happens on occasion.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It's possible, but it's far more likely that these users have these armatars because they were at lower AP amounts at a certain time.

People also generally lose their armatars and get the blank default one when enough of their AP is removed so that they no longer have enough to "afford" that armatar.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Briefly, the people without an armatar had:
Then were assigned a colored shield.

It's actually quite easy to "aquire" that armatar, even after you select an armatar. Just post alot of spam, get a high-AP armatar, and wait until the spam is deleted. Then, bingo. You have your epic armatar. The way i did it was to post a bunch of random comments on my page, then delete them after I got my armatar.
Anyways, abck on subject....
Cormyn resigned?! Snap, thing's are gonna be strict for a while. Yeah, once someone doesn't have green text, it's sort of hard to take 'em seriously....
And blue text... When I see blue text, I just laugh silently to myself. I've yet to meet a moderator that I can respect for his/her maturity.
Yes, things have gone downhill since '09....
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

It's actually quite easy to "aquire" that armatar, even after you select an armatar. Just post alot of spam, get a high-AP armatar, and wait until the spam is deleted. Then, bingo. You have your epic armatar.

You also have a nice little ban, and a seat on the moderators' watch list.

I'm sure it's worth it to some people, but I just can't see why it would be a good decision under any circumstances to spam on purpose.

The way i did it was to post a bunch of random comments on my page, then delete them after I got my armatar.

That doesn't work anymore. You no longer get points from posting on your own profile.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

[quote]The way i did it was to post a bunch of random comments on my page, then delete them after I got my armatar.

That doesn't work anymore. You no longer get points from posting on your own profile.[/quote]

Thaboss thinks he meant that he posted on his profile, got the AP through other means, and then had an easy way to delete posts/AP. (Because while posting on the own profile does not give AP, deleting the posts takes it away.)
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Because while posting on the own profile does not give AP, deleting the posts takes it away.

I don't think that's possible. Theoretically, according to your theory, someone with 1000 comments (2000 AP) could post on their profile 1000 times and gain nothing from it, then delete all of their own comments on their page and have 0 AP while still retaining the 1000 comments they had before.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Hrum... It used to... Honestly! Thaboss tested it. Oh, wait, maybe he did something else. He forgets. Possibly the points just didn't update or something... Or they did, he didn't notice, he deleted them, and only noticed the drop. Apologies.

Theoretically, according to your theory,

lol
Showing 271-285 of 1018