ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159417
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Geez, I forgot to log out. Yeah, I made a CT profile.

Fine, I'll try and read your posts Roger. I'll try.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Maybe she doesn't have a new job. Maybe she's still around, but doesn't feel like posting! Maybe!

Nah, she's was the community manager. Keyword community. She was everywhere when she was active. What's the point of lurking around? But she might be because threads these days aren't interesting.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Translating: you're kinda angry, right?

Kind of, but it also gives me something of a motivation to post as much as possible.

I would actually appreciate if you read them, Ernie. I spend time on them, actually. Plus, it's better than spamming like a wild animal.

I do generally read the parts where you're actually replying to something I said. I just don't read the parts where you're talking to other people, but it's okay because I don't read a lot of what they say either.

What's the point of lurking around?

Usually it's to look for a place to post, but for someone who hasn't posted in many months, I don't think she's doing much lurking at the moment...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Lurking quietly... Sneaky stuff.

Lurking without a cause? Not sneaky, just futile.

Newcomers coming and saying hello; humm, it probably didn't change much.

What baffles me is that 99% of the people who introduce themselves in that section are users who you'll never see again anywhere. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I just noticed how active and popular the forum games are right now. It makes me sad that the rest of the forum is no longer like that.

unless she's spying on us... *glances left and right*

Come out and show yourself Carlie. We know you're there.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I introed my self in that section, god knows what happened to it, I don't think anyone replied either xD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I introed my self in that section, god knows what happened to it

I spent over an hour one day looking for my introductory thread. I don't think I ever found it.

I guess games are more fun than making [good] conversation...

But they aren't! Most of them are just the exact same game with some slight minor difference that leads people to believe it's an entirely different game, when they should know darn well it isn't.

Dunwana necro

It's the Newcomer's Forum. Nobody's going to care if you necro a thread here and there. :P
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I remembered one thread in the newcomers area being locked for necro. I think it was some guy who kept reviving it to talk about how he was doing and how his family was doing, etc.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It hurts my brain reading Roger's walls of texts. There's no need to reply to everything.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Please, Knight. Be a good Vet and read through my posts. I spend time on them and think about what I'm writing.

lol stop typing in bold its hurting my head too x.x
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Please, Knight. Be a good Vet and read through my posts. I spend time on them and think about what I'm writing.

Yes but if the point is right in the middle of a sea of replies in one giant text, us old geezers lack the willpower or eyesight to read it. Getting old is a pain in the thyroid neck.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY? MY EARS AREN"T WHAT THEY USED TO BE! YOU NEED TO SPEAK A LITTLE LOUDER MISSY!

^ the vets do this every time we see bold/long stuff from people we don't care about.........actually, even if we do care about you....

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY? MY EARS AREN"T WHAT THEY USED TO BE! YOU NEED TO SPEAK A LITTLE LOUDER MISSY!

^ the vets do this every time we see bold/long stuff from people we don't care about.........actually, even if we do care about you....

We're utterly barbaric and cranky like that at times, do forgive us. Now where's my shotgun, get off the lawn whippersnapeprs!
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

http://www.moviereviews101.com/userfiles/2011/8/21/images/%E2%80%98Conan%20the%20Barbarian%E2%80%99%20movie%20review,%20trailer%20A%20warning.jpg

Imagine that, with a shotgun, and greying hair, and you have us.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Imagine that, with a shotgun, and greying hair, and you have us.

Our deadpan eyes boring down on yours, daring you to start trolling and spamming before we summon the Elder Gods to smite you with their Banhammers.

Gosh, if we keep this talk up we might spark a small AG revival....
Showing 331-345 of 1018