ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159416
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

If we bring the dragons back, people are gonna get pised dude.....

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

If we bring the dragons back, people are gonna get pised dude.....

Dragons....? Care to bring back the memories since the spiders have already made cobwebs in my head....
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

If we bring the dragons back...

No one likes them dragons
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Like the little "Click my egg and you get a virtual dragon"? How fun. -.-

Imagine that, with a shotgun, and greying hair, and you have us.

That's a helluva senior center.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]If we bring the dragons back...

No one likes them dragons[/quote]

One of the current armatar packs is full of dragons.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I think all my hatchlings have died already

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm not looking forward to regaining my rightful post count manually, but some things just need to be done.

I'm not sure if I can get back to where I was before AG3. But if the forums are wiped in AG3 then it doesn't matter.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I'm not sure if I can get back to where I was before AG3. But if the forums are wiped in AG3 then it doesn't matter.

Will they? I hope not, at least keep the memories.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Cormyn talks about it here. It depends on what forum engine they use and if they can migrate everything onto it. It would be sad if they do actually wipe everything.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I hope the forums are wiped. Nubs will take over and become the top 10 and whatnot, but anyone worth respecting will either remember and respect the old members, or will eventually become one of us.

One of the current armatar packs is full of dragons.

lololololololol
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I hope the forums are wiped. Nubs will take over and become the top 10 and whatnot, but anyone worth respecting will either remember and respect the old members, or will eventually become one of us.

Actually no, since game ratings will be dissolved right?
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Wall of text warning:

Fine, I'll try and read your posts Roger. I'll try.

Thank you.

Funny thing, I was actually reading everything except the bolded sections :P

Honestly, best thing to do is read ALL the words!

A stalker? :O

I wouldn't say a stalker but, hey, who knows?

Usually it's to look for a place to post, but for someone who hasn't posted in many months, I don't think she's doing much lurking at the moment...

I guess that if she lurked from time to time and posted occasionally, the community would be a tad better.

To lurk. Lurkers understand perfectly well why, so I'd imagine.

I... think I lurk occasionally.

Lurking without a cause? Not sneaky, just futile.

Mostly because I'm bored or looking for a thread that worths posting in it.

What baffles me is that 99% of the people who introduce themselves in that section are users who you'll never see again anywhere. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

Yeah, that's quite odd. I usually meet people out of the Newcomers section. But when I do meet a friendly person in the Newcomers section, I usually don't hear back from them

unless she's spying on us... *glances left and right*

0_o

I just noticed how active and popular the forum games are right now. It makes me sad that the rest of the forum is no longer like that.

Yeah, that's true. I haven't visited the WEPR since... last month. But I surely noticed that it doesn't look so active at the moment. Maybe the "generic-like" threads are frightening the Forum-ers away! That also happens in the Tavern, where threads might take a long time to get an answer.

But that can be explained by the word: "School"

Come out and show yourself Carlie. We know you're there.

PLEASE!

I guess games are more fun than making [good] conversation...

...they are time-spenders...

I spent over an hour one day looking for my introductory thread. I don't think I ever found it.

I've never made a thread there, I think.

But they aren't! Most of them are just the exact same game with some slight minor difference that leads people to believe it's an entirely different game, when they should know darn well it isn't.

True... they look all the same. And their walkthroughs look all the same, as well.

It hurts my brain reading Roger's walls of texts. There's no need to reply to everything.

READ THEM! I like replying. Better than spamming!

lol stop typing in bold its hurting my head too x.x

Really? So this is the last time, sorry.

^ the vets do this every time we see bold/long stuff from people we don't care about.........actually, even if we do care about you....

aka, I'm too lazy to read it.

Gosh, if we keep this talk up we might spark a small AG revival....

Keep on going!

...if the forums are wiped in AG3 then it doesn't matter.

I sit on the middle, unsure. Threads from AG2 can be kept as memories, but, in the other hand, that would mean carry the crappy threads to AG3 too.

That's a helluva senior center.

Rambo's senior center.

Interesting point.

Actually no, since game ratings will be dissolved right?

Good question!

Sorry for wall of text.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Urghhh...wall of text. I survived it though.

I sit on the middle, unsure. Threads from AG2 can be kept as memories, but, in the other hand, that would mean carry the crappy threads to AG3 too.

Those threads are already buried, necroing will just get you a warning and maybe a ban. Also, people will still make crap threads in AG3. And the vets will still be moaning.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Those threads are already buried, necroing will just get you a warning and maybe a ban. Also, people will still make crap threads in AG3. And the vets will still be moaning.

Nice point. And, oddly enough, Old quality threads can't be saved, or they are considered "Necro".

I still don't fully understand why "necroing" is bad. Revived threads aren't like zombies with decaying corpses. Just a thread with an old (I mean OLD) OP.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I bet ten billion dollars that the majority of threads in AG3 will be (when it's released, "Do you like AG3?", "Do you hate AG3?"....etc.
Showing 346-360 of 1018