ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159407
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I bet ten billion dollars that the majority of threads in AG3 will be (when it's released, "Do you like AG3?", "Do you hate AG3?"....etc.

Don't forget "Where'd all my AP go!?!?!"
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

That will also be spammed on the mods profiles aswell...

I sense AG3 being a complete failure to say the least
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

With all the whining that comes with the newer users. I think the vets are unfazed given that AP really means jack squat to a majority of us by this stage.

I still don't fully understand why "necroing" is bad. Revived threads aren't like zombies with decaying corpses. Just a thread with an old (I mean OLD) OP.

Those threads died of for their own reasons already. Also, necroing might be bad since it might be a duplicate of more current threads and mess up the Forums.

Nice point. And, oddly enough, Old quality threads can't be saved, or they are considered "Necro".

I'll be hopping mad if my 30k+ views writing thread gets wiped.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I bet ten billion dollars that the majority of threads in AG3 will be (when it's released, "Do you like AG3?", "Do you hate AG3?"....etc.

I would bet twenty!

I can even imagine the forums filled with those. *shudders*

That will also be spammed on the mods profiles aswell...

I sense AG3 being a complete failure to say the least

Not necessarily a failure. But I'm starting to think that it will take a long time to meet my expectations.

With all the whining that comes with the newer users. I think the vets are unfazed given that AP really means jack squat to a majority of us by this stage.

Uhh... that means you'll run-the-world again?

Those threads died of for their own reasons already. Also, necroing might be bad since it might be a duplicate of more current threads and mess up the Forums.

Well, therefore, necroing things would be allowed IF they hadn't any recent duplicate. But the mods still use the padlock in them. Making a new thread these days about a quality theme from the past is asking people to ignore the quality, intelligent posts from the old one and focusing on making new, probably not-intelligent and spammy answers

Who wouldn't?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Uhh... that means you'll run-the-world again?

No, it just means that we don't really care how much AP we accrue.

Well, therefore, necroing things would be allowed IF they hadn't any recent duplicate. But the mods still use the padlock in them. Making a new thread these days about a quality theme from the past is asking people to ignore the quality, intelligent posts from the old one and focusing on making new, probably not-intelligent and spammy answers

And how many people are willing to read through hundreds of posts? You can already see that some of us refuse to read one of your posts already.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

And how many people are willing to read through hundreds of posts?

These days, a few.
You can already see that some of us refuse to read one of your posts already.

That makes me feel... useless.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Aww...chill, it's just that you reply to everyone and we get lazy trying to find one reply to our one post
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Awwww, see what you did, you made him sad nicho

I enjoyed your writing very much, it would be a shame for it to fail

Honestly, I read through maybe 2 or 3 threads a day, I used to look through atleast 20 in each section... Today's threads are just so stupid.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

>< Awwww...again.

I enjoyed your writing very much, it would be a shame for it to fail

Merci

Honestly, I read through maybe 2 or 3 threads a day, I used to look through atleast 20 in each section... Today's threads are just so stupid.

Coming back again to the lack of users and general longing for the old days....just in case the mods lock this.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Nick, no meanies allowed. lol jk

I'm bored so...

-July 2009, I found the forums
-October 2009, 1k posts reached (Forums were at its best)
-November-December, 1500 posts (Forums were still good, FT and I rule the Sonny and Flash games forum)
-January-May 2010- Migrated to the tavern but still posted in flash games. 3000 posts
-June-August- 3500 posts (less active)
-September-November 2010, Went inactive
-December 2010- back for Christmas, 3700 posts
-January-July 2011 (inactive)
-August 2011, - back 4k posts
-September-early October- inactive
-Mid October- current- Current amount of posts (less active, majority of posts in flash games (Raze stuff) and a few in tavern
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Not gonna lie, I'm totally advocating a forum wipe, barring some sections, i.e. historic threads in general regardless of section, stickies, active AMW threads, active forum games, the WEPR needs to be erased.

I used to have a record of significant achievements, but I got rid of 'em a while back.

The AP question is going to have to be addressed for those users who stick to games and pay no attention to the forums, I don't doubt that it would easy to not known anything about v3.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The AP question is going to have to be addressed for those users who stick to games and pay no attention to the forums, I don't doubt that it would easy to not known anything about v3.

AP will be for game achievements in AG3.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

And your point is?

Coming back again to the lack of users and general longing for the old days....just in case the mods lock this.

We can always hope that v3 will add an influx, or if not v3, the various breaks that are coming up soon, and then a few months after that, summer.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

If it ever comes out...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

[quote] Don't forget "Where'd all my AP go!?!?!"

I can even imagine the forums filled with those. *shudders*[/quote]

Pretty soon, some mod or staff member would create a sticky regarding what happened to everyone's AP.

[quote]

And your point is?[/quote]

Nobody knows what the point is, but we all know it will be awarded for game achievements.
Showing 361-375 of 1018