ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159344
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I guess mods were just born perfect.

Must be why they became mods in the first place. That, or they are bots.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Alright, this is the earliest post of mine I can find. Not that I looked very hard, but this one appears to be from the day I joined (and it was before Zophia and Cenere were moderators).

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Looks like many of you started posting in the forums the first week you joined.

Took me about two weeks to notice the community button and I didn't start posting till after a month. I wasn't very interested in them either, though. Back then I'd just post in Exit Path related threads.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I only joined for Warfare 1914. Then I noticed the community. And a troll was born.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I know I joined because I wanted to rate games/comment on them. I started looking at the forums fairly soon after joining, withen the first few days.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Add one more to that list.

My first post, I believe, was in the video game section about either a CoD thread, a Halo thread, or both. I don't feel like finding it. :P
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Before I signed up, I looked to see if there was a forum. I found the "community" button and, well, if I had not seen that, I may never have signed up in the first place.

I think I got about 117 or so posts in my first three days as a user. Then I went on a 3-month period of inactivity.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I was mainly here for one game back then. I played others before that, but once I found Exit Path I'd only play that one often. Then that got boring and I started doing other things around here.

I think this was the first forum I got active in too.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I was joined but went into activity for about a month then came back, played a few games and after a period of time it got old. I started to scroll around the site and found out about the forums and began posting in it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I think I started posting almost immediately. Helps that there were tons more active users back then.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I do wish I had not taken a hiatus of a couple months. I would have had so many more legit posts. I remember I joined AG specifically because I found the community. I was... uneducated at the start. I think my first post was about how only hippies smoked pot and were stupid for wanting it legalized. How far I've come...

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I do wish I had not taken a hiatus of a couple months. I would have had so many more legit posts. I remember I joined AG specifically because I found the community. I was... uneducated at the start. I think my first post was about how only hippies smoked pot and were stupid for wanting it legalized. How far I've come...

Lol
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My first post was even more fail than I thought it was. My God I was stupid back then.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I visit mostly flash game threads and I noticed that some are alive at first, then they slow down for a while then there's a revival and another slow down.
Check the Crush the Castle 2 & PP thread for example. It was very active before I joined then It got quiet as the game got older I guess, then I joined with a few new enthusiastic guys which revived the thread. Now it has slowed down again.

I think any thread can survive as long as the regulars keep reporting off topic posts. It's when people quit monitoring them that threads go bad.

I don't think I will quit visiting forums though, unless I get bored playing games which I doubt since I've been playing games all my life starting with the Coleco (so bad), Atari (bad too), Vectrex, Nintendo, SNES, Turbografix, N64, GameCube, Playstation, GBA, computer games and now flash games.

I think that game related threads will continue to thrive.
BTW, I joined in January 2011 so I don't know how it was before.

That's just my opinion.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

My first post was even more fail than I thought it was. My God I was stupid back then.

Thanks, you made me feel better about my first post. XD

Now, if only I could find it... *begins a long search*
Showing 781-795 of 1018