ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159353
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The earliest i can find is your gemcraft guide, and that's about a month after you joined :\\

I'm not sure if you go on the forums right away though.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I'm pretty sure I posted before that; minor bits and pieces. But thanks though, I was trying to find that guide

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I wonder what my first post was...probably something in the WEPR.

When was the Sonny forum taken off? I think I remember seeing it, I know I never posted in it though.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I don't remember much of my early days in the forum other than the NES (even though it wasn't that early) and I was a massive noob there. Looking back is painful.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

My first post was definitely in the tavern or in the WEPR. Most likely in the tavern though.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

My first year or so was spent almost exclusively in the WEPR, then later in the forum games and tavern, and now the AMW.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

My earliest posts are somewhere in the WEPR. I remember having some semi-serious debate (that's the most serious kind I'll ever have) with Cenere and Zophia about animal rights or something on the day I joined. If anyone feels like digging one or two of my '08 posts out, feel free to post a link or two.

You should have seen my first post on AG.

I had more fun reading that stupid list I wrote on that same page. I thought I was so funny in those days.

Noname's (day of joining)

It's unusual for anyone to have their AG birthday be on the same day as their actual birthday. What are the odds of that user being a moderator as well?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You should have seen my first post on AG.

Lol not a bad effort master565. That WAS an early post, in fact it was probably my 20th or so.

However, I quite clearly remember my first post on this thread...

Here it is!

I also remember that some user named hxclongboarder replied to my very first post with "Shut the hell up". What a ****! Also, man I was way too srs biznis back then...
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You won't be able to find mine. Partly because you have no idea when or where to look. Google cannot help you.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You won't be able to find mine. Partly because you have no idea when or where to look. Google cannot help you.

Don't think I found your first, but here's a couple: One. Two. Three.
Those were a month or two after you joined and according to the Internet archive thing you had 20 posts in August '08.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

's right 'ere.

Hmm, actually you can find it in Google. So yeah, I didn't go on a random merit rage. This has been my opinion the whole frickin' time.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

's right 'ere.

The English you speak well 2008 yes.

Strops first post makes us look as dumb as we really are. Were.

Are.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Here it is!

I lol at '08 Quotes.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

However, I quite clearly remember my first post on this thread...

Here it is!

It's even longer and more thought out then the one i found ._.

I guess mods were just born perfect.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

When they discontinued that section did people who posted in there regularly lose a lot of posts?

No, FT didn't lose any posts which means, I don't think so. Because he posted there the most.
Showing 766-780 of 1018