ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159341
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]I don't even remember my first post. I do remember that I jumped straight into those nooby forum games in the Tavern though.

Forum....Games in the Tavern Knight?[/quote]

So, people were placing threads incorrectly, or knight_34 made an error. Speaking of "forum games in the Tavern," this thread was originally created in the Tavern but was later moved to the Forum Games.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I think in '08 they didn't have the forum games section and most of those threads were placed here.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

*must not mock, must not mock*

To the extent of my knowledge the Forum Games section was a later addition, which would mean that when Knight signed upon the majority of Forum Games would've been in the Tavern, or in the one fairly awesome case, the AMW.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

To the extent of my knowledge the Forum Games section was a later addition, which would mean that when Knight signed upon the majority of Forum Games would've been in the Tavern, or in the one fairly awesome case, the AMW.

Seeing Knight came in March '08, I guess so.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I think in '08 they didn't have the forum games section and most of those threads were placed here.

Nope, it was all posted in the Tavern.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Yes... that's what he just said, you since this thread is in the Tavern.

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Yep. As a matter of fact I looked back into the old forum section and it was a lot better than this today. Not saying that some of the forums are bad, but I guess as this site grows more popular, more stupid 13 year olds come up and spam.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

more stupid 13 year olds come up and spam.

Actually no, it's just that there used to be much more sensible users that it all weighed out.
espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

AG is not so popular like 2 years ago.
i really miss these times where there were so many people here making interesting threads.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Actually no, it's just that there used to be much more sensible users that it all weighed out.

Some of those 13-year-olds will eventually grow into sensible users, while the others will lose interest and leave. The remaining will probably be banned for spamming.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I wonder, with the forum wipe (I think?) come AG3, maybe that will be the chance to redeem ourselves. Of course, we could always do it now, we just need some proper motivation.

The best motivation is if you do it just for fun's sake.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Before mid-2008, all forum games belonged to the Tavern.

When the forum wipes, I shall return... or at least try to.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

What if the world doesn't come to an end and the forums don't get wiped?

I really hope that they don't get wiped. As 900+ posts can tell you, there's a lot of nostalgia that will get destroyed if the forums are to be erased completely.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I really hope that they don't get wiped. As 900+ posts can tell you, there's a lot of nostalgia that will get destroyed if the forums are to be erased completely.

AP won't be for community participation in AG3, but any relevant stickies should remain. Other than that, I don't really care if the forums are wiped.

This
|
|
V

What if the world doesn't come to an end and the forums don't get wiped?
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, but there are also a constant stream of new users, don't forget.

Which is good, because when old users leave, we won't run out of members due to that constant stream.
Showing 826-840 of 1018