ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159336
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

All threads give this website character. It puts hair on our chests.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

AG is so not old enough to have hair on it's chest, unless you happen to know any five year old humans with hairy chests. (Don't get technical with it, you know what I meant.)

Good point with the stickies, also I just considered that with the new reputation system the old posts will be there for anyone who wishes to do so to just go around and randomly rate up/down thousands of post based on personal bias, which couldn't possibly end well.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Stickies would be outdated given AG'3 changes.

I suppose that's true except for the few in pop. media and the tavern that aren't informational.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Stopping by: dropping bombs.

We've talked about the Community back in time, the Mod team, TTICA, AG3 and many others!

But now, question:

WEPR as a news section: Do any important coverages got any noticeable discussions there? Like... ever?

I don't know if this question looks pointless, but I'm curious: EVERY fact is discussed there, but a worthy discussion isn't common...

HIATUS: Once again... bye.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I hope AG3 won't let you bold your text.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Pazx, why you don't like my bolded sections? Those words need enphasis! BB Code is our friend.

Also, at least it's not ALL BOLD. Think about it.

Well, new question: What are your opinions about the site's BB Code?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It's so unnecessary when you bold like an entire sentence or more.

Also, at least it's not ALL BOLD.

That was painful.

I like the BB code, especially when you're not using it. I think it could be improved though.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I like the BB code, especially when you're not using it. I think it could be improved though.

It's OK to use it to do any of the following:

-Post an image and include an actual post
-Create a link (but not with the whole post)
-Quote something, especially if you have a good response to it
-Emphasize a few words using bold or italic (or even bold italic)

It's not OK to use it to do any of the following:

-Post an image, and only an image (that is image spam)
-Make the entire post a link (that's considered impersonating a mod)
-Make the entire post a quote
-Make the entire post bold and/or italic

It's so unnecessary when you bold like an entire sentence or more.

It's preferable not to use BB code to do that, but the rule is only against making the entire post in a BB code. BB codes should do anything in my first list.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

It's OK to use it to do any of the following

OMFG. DO you have no sense of... anything? Its people like you who make me bash my forehead against sharp, pointy objects. Seriously bro, stop smokeing whatever it is you're doing, and go get some social interatction that is beyond the scope of the internet realm. This sounds harsh, but you really need to lighten up.

/rant
warhog24
warhog24
3 posts
Nomad

well when i saw the new website it looked okay but when i tried playing the games,It loaded a lot slower compared to the old website. I wanna know if i am the only one experiencing it or are there others
?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Calm down, Mav, take him lightly.

I reacted the same as Mav lol, I'm used to Paddy responding like that but it was a little over the top.

And for the actual question about WEPR, we end up with "this is happening. discuss."
ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

Old member back. Actually couldn't remember any log in information but my name, and don't use the same emails anymore soo... Now I've got a new name :P

And also , I've notices the Mods are less involved in the posts, I remember when mods were active everywhere, Tavern, Newcomers etc.
I'm not sure if it's just because of the AGv3 development or they lost interest aswell.

Strop. Where is the Strop? I remember I used to get him in a lot of WEPR threads. I don't see any activity from one of my favourite users (although he never knew it) :P

And for the actual question about WEPR, we end up with "this is happening. discuss."

I see a couple of these topics.

Also. Legalizing Marijuana topic. Man that one hasn't been beaten to death xD I feel like I want to say what I say because there's new participants...but it still feels like just a rehash :S Ima give some thought to come up with some good topics. The place needs a breath of fresh air.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Strop. Where is the Strop? I remember I used to get him in a lot of WEPR threads. I don't see any activity from one of my favourite users (although he never knew it) :P

Working as a doctor now. Or an intern. I forgot.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Mav, take him lightly.

Well, we always have, but he never seems to get the hang of it. I suppose it's tricky for some, just like riding a unicycle and juggling chainsaws is for me.

I don't know. I just don't. For the love of God, please bless him with some sense of humour.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

No such thing.

Has anyone considered flagging it as spam, considering it has absolutely no relation to the topic.

Also, I'm a bit insulted that he seems to be trying to educate users on AG rules on a thread by veterans, for veterans, about veterans. Sure the last one is bit of a stretch, but you get my point.

WEPR as a news section: Do any important coverages got any noticeable discussions there? Like... ever?

In previous years, the mix of political to theoretical debate was about even, lately though there hasn't been enough interesting news to warrant huge threads, they tend to appear and fade out, or appear and turn into debates over personal opinion. After all, there is only so far you can go with factual information, before personal opinion starts to play a major part.
Showing 871-885 of 1018