ForumsThe TavernArachnophobia

57 9907
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Ever since i've been seeing tons of spiders in my basement, i've had a huge fear of spiders. I don't know what it is about them, but whenever I see one I feel like it's going to start crawling on me... Everything about them just creeps me out (mostly their faces).

I was wondering, does anybody else here on Ag have Arachnophobia (or know anybody who has it?)

• 57 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

YES YES YES. not as bad as u though. except daddy long legs, those are fun to pick up because they don't bite.
if i see a spider, i'll either brave it up and squish is (after finding something to squish it with) or get somebdoy else to do it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Nope, but I don't like spiders. They usually bite me, so I try to get rid of them.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I don't have any particular fear of spiders, although I don't like it when I wake up in the middle of the night and find one crawling on me or right in front of my eyes. Usually when I see them I just vaccuum them up lol.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Out of all the bugs in the world, spiders are the the ones I have the highest tolerance for. Anything that jumps or flies gets to me, but spiders just scamper around harmlessly. I think they scare me less than any other bug out there.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

My aunt would seriously have a heart attack if she saw a couple of spiders in the room. and lizards. anyways what ernie said was true but still spiders are creepy even if they are harmless.

Fun Fact: you will swallow at least 8 spiders while your are asleep in a lifetime.

don't know if it's true but tis really gross.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Anything that jumps or flies gets to me, but spiders just scamper around harmlessly.

Such as roaches who somehow know you're bloody scared of them and fly in your face.

Well, I find that spiders are cute, a little disgusting and perverse of me but I do.

I mean....awww...some of them smile at you.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01388/happy-face_1388940f.jpg
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I read somewhere (Having difficulties finding sources today), It's proven no one, in any given time, is farther than 3 feet from a spider.

Awwww how cuuteeee
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I read somewhere (Having difficulties finding sources today), It's proven no one, in any given time, is farther than 3 feet from a spider.

Aww
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Really? That's great. I adore spiders.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Oh yes, I have a terrible fear of spiders. I have a bunch in my basement too; the ones with the small bodies and long legs >_< ...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Oh yes, I have a terrible fear of spiders. I have a bunch in my basement too; the ones with the small bodies and long legs >_< ...

The only thing I hate is if I walk into a web. Especially especially if the web gets in my mouth.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

The only thing I hate is if I walk into a web. Especially especially if the web gets in my mouth.

Oh yes, they spin webs. They also seem to make sure they spin them on objects I need to touch...
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Going to have to call bull on this. Maybe on average, but there are definitely places where people are further than 3 feet from a spider.

Fun Fact: you will swallow at least 8 spiders while your are asleep in a lifetime.

Fun fact: This isn't a fact, it's a rumor/myth that is unfounded and most likely extremely untrue and the number varies greatly depending on where you heard it (I first heard it as 2 in a lifetime)
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I don't really like spiders, but I don't fear them either. I just find them dirty.

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Out of all the bugs in the world, spiders are the the ones I have the highest tolerance for. Anything that jumps or flies gets to me, but spiders just scamper around harmlessly. I think they scare me less than any other bug out there.

Some time of spiders definitely aren't harmless. For example, around 2 years ago my cousin that lives in washington got bitten by a wolf spider and had to get rushed to the hospital.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoi8ZQjvqVvIS15wkym05RB93oFgCA0jLmFF7NjwUYVp8samWr3w

That's what a wolf spider looks like
Showing 1-15 of 57